• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink info and how to import/export gauge templates

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Fomo i dont know why you bother with pid's, according to lms the pid's are manipulated by the calibrator that writes the tune and the ecu will distort the readings so i dont know what there is to gather from them
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 16, 2016, 08:04:07 PM
Fomo i dont know why you bother with pid's, according to lms the pid's are manipulated by the calibrator that writes the tune and the ecu will distort the readings so i dont know what there is to gather from them
I like shiny lights?

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 16, 2016, 06:00:44 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 16, 2016, 05:41:18 PM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 16, 2016, 05:10:52 PM
The little arrows at the ends of the needles are actually the min/max carrots for the gauges

I like it. What process did you use to add knock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used the same pid that can be found in the torque pid thread. One of the pids didn't work so I'm still troubleshooting it.

Any way you could throw your CSV file my way? Ill give you a dollar. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on February 16, 2016, 03:21:06 PM
That sure looks sweet FoMoCo,definetely need to get the lock pick and have it installed on the Navi screen for a nice custom look IMO,took mine apart twice and let me know if more info is needed.  Z
I get what you are saying about the custom look but it is much more visible, especially at WOT, where it is now.

FoMoCoSHO

FYI...

If you are running the OBDMX, OBDlink will check the device firmware and update it if necessary. I think that is the only way to update your MX.

FoMoCoSHO

The app was also updated with HP and Torque two days ago.

Will report back with screenshots.

ecoboostsho

I'm trying this app tomorrow... Looks promising!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

FoMoCoSHO

If you go into settings/information while connected to the car it will give you the read speed, I'm at about 30 pids/second.

ecoboostsho

I am running this program now as my main app...I'm getting 33 pids/sec on a galaxy Tab 4 with an OBDlink MX.  I love the gauge customization although it took a bit of playing to get it to my liking. Very responsive gauge tool! Thanks for sharing it!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

FoMoCoSHO

Pics or BS  ;D

I asked the developers about the pid rate.

They rate the MX up to 100 pids/second.

It seems to me since we are using their preferred software and device that 30% of max bandwidth seems low.

It doesn't feel or look slow but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I don't think the boost pid is correct, I see about half the vacuum I'd see with Torque. Boost seems right though.

I can't get the revised KR pid to work even though it tests fine. For now I roll old school with negative equaling advance.

AJP turbo

Im not sure if this means anything to you because i know basically 0 about torq and dash command but when you log the knock sensor in live link negative values are when spark is being added

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 26, 2016, 12:33:57 AM
Im not sure if this means anything to you because i know basically 0 about torq and dash command but when you log the knock sensor in live link negative values are when spark is being added
Right. The KR pid can be modified in the formula to read either way with the OBD readers.