• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink info and how to import/export gauge templates

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Modified setup for larger gauges.

Combo TQ and HP gauge.

ecoboostsho

That's a cool setup!  I like the overlayed gauges - I may have to give that a shot.  I will post up a screenshot of my setup once I grab it at lunch if I remember.

Oh if you want the "KR" value to switch the meaning of negative and positive I found a way to trick it.  You can't multiply by a negative in the formula or it gives you a "stack error" but you CAN trick it by putting in "-1" in the English to Metric conversion factor.  That will result in Negative readings for taking away timing and positive readings for actual knock.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ecoboostsho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 26, 2016, 12:05:27 AM

I don't think the boost pid is correct, I see about half the vacuum I'd see with Torque. Boost seems right though.

Well it's "technically" correct because it is reading negative psi.  Torque would switch from inches of mercury for vacuum (more traditional) to PSI for boost on its own.  From what I've seen their boost gauge is just PSI.  The conversion factor from psi to inhg is almost exactly 2 to 1 (well 2.03602 to be exact)
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 26, 2016, 09:31:10 AM
That's a cool setup!  I like the overlayed gauges - I may have to give that a shot.  I will post up a screenshot of my setup once I grab it at lunch if I remember.

Oh if you want the "KR" value to switch the meaning of negative and positive I found a way to trick it.  You can't multiply by a negative in the formula or it gives you a "stack error" but you CAN trick it by putting in "-1" in the English to Metric conversion factor.  That will result in Negative readings for taking away timing and positive readings for actual knock.
I was hoping to upload a gauge template to see if you could import it but I've been unsuccessful finding the files.

Thanks for the conversion tip!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 26, 2016, 09:35:06 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 26, 2016, 12:05:27 AM

I don't think the boost pid is correct, I see about half the vacuum I'd see with Torque. Boost seems right though.

Well it's "technically" correct because it is reading negative psi.  Torque would switch from inches of mercury for vacuum (more traditional) to PSI for boost on its own.  From what I've seen their boost gauge is just PSI.  The conversion factor from psi to inhg is almost exactly 2 to 1 (well 2.03602 to be exact)

I did not know that. Good to know as everything else seems correct.

ecoboostsho

Here's a pic. I had to take it out of the car because the glare was so bad...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

ecoboostsho

If you got to the "settings" page you can hit the three little dots in the upper right corner and do am export. It saves it with a filename something like OBDlink.stg in the root directory of your tablet. You will need a file browser to fine it of course. You can copy that over and the Import it.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 26, 2016, 01:38:42 PM
If you got to the "settings" page you can hit the three little dots in the upper right corner and do am export. It saves it with a filename something like OBDlink.stg in the root directory of your tablet. You will need a file browser to fine it of course. You can copy that over and the Import it.

Yeah, I did export them as I've been using the templates for quick changes. No luck in file explorer yet. Maybe I need a different browser as I find FE a bit clunky.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 26, 2016, 01:36:53 PM

Is that a tab 8.4?

FoMoCoSHO

Oh, I found that setting VE at .75 gets fuel economy very close to the oem gauge readout.

Of course at WOT that flies out the window but seems to work for part throttle.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 26, 2016, 01:50:25 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 26, 2016, 01:36:53 PM

Is that a tab 8.4?
It's actually just a Tab 7...I probably could have sprung for the 8 but thought it might be too big. Now I'm not thinking that.  For the record that looks way too "blue" in the picture then in real life.  It's much more readable than that...

FoMoCoSHO

I've tried phone size up to 8.4 and I think the 8.4 is about perfect.

Nexus 7 was OK but the extra real estate is helpful for my aging eyes. And it allows me to position it up and ahead on the dash which is better for viewing without taking my eyes off the road.

SHOdded

Need to customfit the Tesla center console into your SHO, FoMoCo :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

If any of the ELM clone users are interested in this you can download OBDFusion. Same program for non-MX adapters.

I think it costs around $4.00

FoMoCoSHO

The TQ AND HP pids aren't functioning. I let the developer know.