• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS tune updates

Started by 68_GT, March 05, 2014, 12:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

Quote from: DJE624 on March 05, 2014, 02:53:05 PM
Now, I must apologize to 68 GT for helping jack his thread.

my thread :nuclear:

it's all good. Nice info seems like the tune would change that so you can have more power in cooler temps. I mean why wouldn' it ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on March 05, 2014, 03:00:54 PM
Quote from: DJE624 on March 05, 2014, 02:53:05 PM
Now, I must apologize to 68 GT for helping jack his thread.

my thread :nuclear:

it's all good. Nice info seems like the tune would change that so you can have more power in cooler temps. I mean why wouldn' it ?

Apologies from me too 68_GT... sorry about the jack.

To respond... I think Dave has the idea.  If more torque is called for by the ECU (from a tune modifying the table) I think it should.. The ECU would need to allow more torque to utilize the colder denser air optimally.  Another example of conservative OEM tuning the SHO is assembled with ...I think.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

If there is a control method built into the OE tune tables which limit boost based on a variable such as temp (air density), then I would surmise that as being a failsafe or protective measure of sorts.

Anyway, if I understand correctly, Livernois has built a tune for the following configuration -
93 octane, 170tstat, 3 bar, no meth

Is that correct? So, what, I assume the only thing that is manipulated is more boost?

Also, is Livernois dabbling at all in tuning for E? I mean, even for mild blends, such as E20.

I'm ignorant to the facts, but I believe I saw mention of the 13+ fuel system, namely the HPFP being able to deliver more fuel than previous models. When is it that the injectors are no longer able to keep up? 4DR also mentioned the in-tank pump being a restriction...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

DJE624

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 05, 2014, 08:56:20 PM
Anyway, if I understand correctly, Livernois has built a tune for the following configuration -
93 octane, 170tstat, 3 bar, no meth
Is that correct? So, what, I assume the only thing that is manipulated is more boost?

Yes, LMS has that tune.  The 170 part of the tune turns the fans on earlier.  I don't think the 3 bar tune adds more boost but, it enables the ECU to read boosts higher than 14.5  I am not certain about  the details either but, I assume the signal from the 3 bar may allow the ECU to adjust things like the timing, fuel mixture and other variables to get the most out of the 3.5 especially at boosts over 14.5  In a lot of cases our tunes may be going over 14.5 but w/o a 3 Bar, the ECU wouldn't know or react.

bigmoneycloser

My new tunes include the 3bar and no meth. And this ^^^^ was the same explanation LMS gave me..
Not more boost but ability for the ecu to read the higher levels..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

68_GT

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on March 05, 2014, 10:22:16 PM

right but for what benefit, no one knows ! I don't know how or why you would but what if you get 16 PSI with 2 bar ? nothing ? or its safer with the 3bar ?

this torque demand has me annoyed. If the engine is capable of making more power by adding parts and tune, mmeth etc.. then why doesn't the torque demand also throttle back the power then to what ever it believes it should be with those parts not only colder air ? Or is that because those don't add boost and colder air can ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on March 05, 2014, 10:51:59 PM
Quote from: bigmoneycloser on March 05, 2014, 10:22:16 PM

right but for what benefit, no one knows ! I don't know how or why you would but what if you get 16 PSI with 2 bar ? nothing ? or its safer with the 3bar ?

this torque demand has me annoyed. If the engine is capable of making more power by adding parts and tune, mmeth etc.. then why doesn't the torque demand also throttle back the power then to what ever it believes it should be with those parts not only colder air ? Or is that because those don't add boost and colder air can ?

It's in having the tune that will do it by both command lines and modifying the torque tables... I noticed your signature, if your still at "stage 3" I'd recommend moving up to 4+ or the new versions (free to you as an LMS customer)... further custom mods like Dave's can also be done. 
I'm still learning.... I grew up without fuel injection at all wrenching points and having to have 2 distributors to advance timing.... Anyway, improve your tune and study the EB technology... It's what I am doing.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 05, 2014, 11:15:18 PM
custom mods like Dave's can also be done. 

Not unless you go there for a Dyno.

Fa-SHO

I just installed the 93 V7 3Bar yesterday, car seems to be running nicely.  I have a 1/8 mile racing event next Sunday that I will be able to compare performance from the 93 V6 2bar.  I was running 8.20's end of last year similar temperature so we'll see how it compares.
2013 SHO w/PP, x-pipe, dynomax mufflers, k&n drop-in filter, 170* t-stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS tune
1/8th: 8.71 @ 84 mph (factory stock)
1/8th: 8.18 @ 84 mph (above mods)
1/4: 12.80 @ 107 mph (above mods)

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: Fa-SHO on March 07, 2014, 11:35:07 AM
I just installed the 93 V7 3Bar yesterday, car seems to be running nicely.  I have a 1/8 mile racing event next Sunday that I will be able to compare performance from the 93 V6 2bar.  I was running 8.20's end of last year similar temperature so we'll see how it compares.

Looking forward to those results.

2013 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: Fa-SHO on March 07, 2014, 11:35:07 AM

I'll be very interested in your results.... a 3Bar MAP is on my short list for performance mods... Please keep us advised.  TIA

Fa-SHO

Giggity, just got clearance from the ole lady that we don't have anything going on tonight, so we're going to go make a few passes down the 1/8th and see how it does!  I'll let y'all know how it compares.
2013 SHO w/PP, x-pipe, dynomax mufflers, k&n drop-in filter, 170* t-stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS tune
1/8th: 8.71 @ 84 mph (factory stock)
1/8th: 8.18 @ 84 mph (above mods)
1/4: 12.80 @ 107 mph (above mods)

SRT82ECOBOOST

2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

IHeartGroceries

We. Lol!
If I asked my old lady to come make some passes in the SHO, I can only imagine the look I'd get.

2013 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Quick results! Hoping you get great times and have fun! I'll be waiting.  :popcorn: