• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS tune updates

Started by 68_GT, March 05, 2014, 12:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Quote from: DJE624 on March 08, 2014, 08:10:43 PM
Quote from: SwampRat on March 08, 2014, 08:08:40 PM
Quote from: DJE624 on March 08, 2014, 07:58:59 PM
I do not trust datalog tunes.  I prefer Dynojet tunes.

Why ?

I say it has more to do with WHO writes the tunes .

Why ?

I don't know how guys that have only used one tuner can make any comparisons between them.

Its simple Dave , It's called an educated opinion based upon  what I  have learned here and on other forums . In an ideal World I Would do both if I had easy access to a AWD DYNO and competent tuner .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: DJE624 on March 08, 2014, 08:10:43 PM

Why ?

Why ?

I don't know how guys that have only used one tuner can make any comparisons between them.

I don't know how we can make any comparisons between hardware when so little is known about the MyCal.

Google search it and see what I mean.

And I think Swamprat is correct, so it may be as simple as the hardware the person is most comfortable tuning with is what's most important when it comes to hardware.

SwampRat

Truth be told I would use HP Tuners if they decide to Support the 3.5 EB  ......

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 08, 2014, 08:25:39 PM
........ so it may be as simple as the hardware the person is most comfortable tuning with is what's most important when it comes to hardware.

I think that says it all.

68_GT

I installed my 3bar MAP and my 93V7CW3bar tune yesterday. Acceleration feels smoother and stronger, more noticeable at highway speeds. I'm happy with it. I'll report back some more as I drive it some more, but it feels like an improvement. I need to get some track times my SHO is running strong, and I love my Nitto tires. No wheel hop and flawless traction.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

Cool.  There is something about the 3 Bar that is kind of hard to explain.  Even at low boost or even vacuum it just feels smoother.  I am dying to get to the track.  Just a few more weeks! 

68_GT

it feels stronger all over but more noticeable on the highway at higher rpms, and ther engine seems to sound different, a little meaner / deeper maybe ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

ZSHO

Currently running on lms 93v7cw,dp,170 stat tune,experincing rough idle,running to rich corsa xhaust are black after a week of clean them,prior to winterhad 93 v7 performance tune car felt more responsive,it even chirped in 2nd gear if less then half tank gas.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SwampRat

Quote from: zamirlihari on March 16, 2014, 08:07:48 AM
Currently running on lms 93v7cw,dp,170 stat tune,experincing rough idle,running to rich corsa xhaust are black after a week of clean them,prior to winterhad 93 v7 performance tune car felt more responsive,it even chirped in 2nd gear if less then half tank gas.
It could be tune related .......  or possibly spark plugs, I would check them. It is also possible the tune did not load properly , return to stock and drive it a bit and check for rough idle  .. If it idles normally then reload your tune . If rough idle returns contact LMS....

These Ecoboost Engines are known for leaving sooty / black deposits on your tailpipes it's the nature of the beast. Just keep a cleaning rag in the trunk.

2021 Edge ST

ZSHO

Changed sparkplugs today sp-534 gapped at 0.30.original were 0.35,did I forget to mention they were cooked with 8,000mi o car and 6,000 with tune,bought car brand new with 2 miles,rough idle still persists will try swapping tunes,do I have to disconnect battery,thank you members especially senior member swamprat

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Can you post a pic of your old plugs?  Did they smell of fuel or were they wet when you removed them?  In addition, you should check all the clamping around the intake and turbo piping, as extraneous & unmeasured air into the system could cause rough running.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

68_GT

no need to disconnect the battery to load the tunes.

I leave my door open and dont touch anything else but what the tuner says.

My tailpipes are all black too.