• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

RX crankcase evac system on the Ford Flex

Started by Tuner Boost, March 01, 2014, 01:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuner Boost

Hi All,

Mike is making a video coming up on the install that should be very helpfull, and I will try a diagram as well.

Drain is easy, there is a 1/4 turn drain valve on the bottom:

Here is a video of draining a F-150, only difference for the cars/flex is it will drain out the hose when the drain valve is opened. Drain when engine is warm, and not running.

Any more questions, just ask, on anything automotive/engine related.

IHeartGroceries

Perhaps I missed it, but does this can have an internal baffle?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

Tuner Boost

Excellent question. While most cans are empty cans with nothing inside, the few that do have baffles, etc. still allow the incoming oil laden vapors to mix with the outgoing, and then most are far to small in internal volume (2-3 oz's) so the flow can never slow enough to prevent oil pull through. RX is nearly 1 qt in internal size.

No can is designed like the RX.

Here is a crude sketch to show:

Oil laden vapors enter the center and travel into the primary coalescing chamber (it is as big as many cans) where the perforated dispersion tube evenly distributes them through the coalescing media. This separates 90-95% of the mix. From there, the vapors exit the bottom and enter into the primary condensing and collection chamber. The final suspended liquids will coll and condense falling to the bottom for containment. The vapors then must pass a lower disc baffle that ensures even contact with the outer cooling wall and then into the secondary condensing chamber where the flow again slows to allow any left over droplets that have collected and condensed to fall from suspension before they again are forced past the upper disc baffle and into the separate outlet chamber where they again slow until pulled out either the primary outlet or secondary outlet.

over 7" between any oil laden vapors and the cleaned vapors, and 4 separate chambers and 3 separate steps. And anyone with any other brand can can easily test for pull through by adding a air compressor separator ($10) between any can and the intake vacuum to see how much most cans allow to be pulled right through them...no matter the brand name.

Hope this helps!

painterpatt

Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Tuner Boost

Hey all, any questions let us know so we can help.

Tuner Boost

Those that have installed the system, post up how it's working.

painterpatt

Popped of T. Body the other day when cleaning sensors and changing plugs. Happy to report no oil came out this time. Still a little shy of 500 miles to drain can tho. Will post vid.
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

BiGMaC

Hey Tracy.... A little off topic, sorry.  I got my RX catch can and Cleanside separator deliver to my mechanic yesterday (haven't seen it yet)....

Do you have recommendations for mounting location in the SHO ('13 SHO)?  TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Tuner Boost

Not yet, so get creative and post what you find...looking at diagrams it appears it will mount in the same spot as the flex, but your the guinea pig!!  Let me know if you need help, but if they are a competent shop they will figure a good spot.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Tuner Boost on March 19, 2014, 07:49:11 PM
Not yet, so get creative and post what you find...looking at diagrams it appears it will mount in the same spot as the flex, but your the guinea pig!!  Let me know if you need help, but if they are a competent shop they will figure a good spot.
Thanks Tracy, I appreciate the offer of help!... It's all good...Done that guinea pig thing before for sure.  Definitely will get pics and mounting options.  Only concern is space around the EBPP hotpipes, but I've Got every faith in Jeremy over at Black Market Racing.  SwampRat will be working on one too, so we'll get the info.

dalum

I ordered one too.  I don't know when I'll get around to installing it though  ::)
2013 Non-PP SHO

JimiJak

Any progress with a diagram or video? I haven't had time to install yet, but I imagine it will be a helpful tool!

Thanks!
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

BiGMaC

Been working with Tracy... He's sending out a couple of fittings and a different bracket than came with the can... May just be the answer for the SHO.  If not I'm putting her up on a lift to mount the can low to right rear.  It's not the HPs or DPs... there just isn't as much room in the SHO engine compartment compared to the Flex

Tracy and RX Performance have provided stellar customer service...second to none!.  :thankyou:

JimiJak

Has anyone else installed their OCC on the XSport yet?
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build