• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed Tuning & Tuning Information

Started by SwampRat, February 27, 2014, 05:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

I have a SCT iTSX that I ordered From Torrie last week .
I'm just starting to work with this and so far I REALLY like the Look and Feel of the Way this works .

Man .... 2 hours ago I sent my build info over to Torrie at Unleashed so he could send the tunes .

He just emailed them to me .... talk about customer service ... I'M VERY impressed !

I am holding tight on tune load until my Catless Downpipes get here , waiting on 4DR/PPE to ship them .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SwampRat on February 27, 2014, 05:29:52 PM
I have a SCT iTSX that I ordered From Torrie last week .
I'm just starting to work with this and so far I REALLY like the Look and Feel of the Way this works .

Man .... 2 hours ago I sent my build info over to Torrie at Unleashed so he could send the tunes .

He just emailed them to me .... talk about customer service ... I'M VERY impressed !

I am holding tight on tune load until my Catless Downpipes get here , waiting on 4DR/PPE to ship them .
Stop waiting and install your tune, no reason to wait. This way when you get the pipes you'll appreciate them even more.
Will take 10 minutes to install the tune and have fun.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 27, 2014, 05:45:18 PM
Stop waiting and install your tune, no reason to wait. This way when you get the pipes you'll appreciate them even more.
Will take 10 minutes to install the tune and have fun.
As I understand it the tunes are optimized for the 3 Bar and non catted downpipes .

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

So install the 3 bar, the downpipes don't matter, you'll be more than fine.
Ask Torrie he will confirm that the tune will work with stock pipes or catless aftermarket pipes.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Boggus

Only if you asked for a 3bar.  My tune uses a 3bar and a 170 thermo.  Love every minute of it!
2013 unleashed SHO PP

SwampRat

Quote from: Boggus on February 27, 2014, 05:53:20 PM
Only if you asked for a 3bar.  My tune uses a 3bar and a 170 thermo.  Love every minute of it!
Tune is with 3 Bar

I'm going to install 3 Bar tonight when I Install the NGK iridium plugs

2021 Edge ST

black99lightning

Would a 3 bar be benificial without meth?  I had an HHRss and with the GM stage kit we replaced the map sensors with 3bar sensors to get more boost.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

BiGMaC

Quote from: black99lightning on February 27, 2014, 06:00:50 PM
Would a 3 bar be benificial without meth?  I had an HHRss and with the GM stage kit we replaced the map sensors with 3bar sensors to get more boost.

Within the limits of your turbos... the 3 BAR MAP can sense & communicate pressures of boost above 14.5 psi to the ECU and should allow it to be effectively used.  The 2Bar stock sensor cannot even sense boost above 14.5 psi. stock turbos will max out at 16-17 psi

As discussed elsewhere remember that there is more to how a turbo works to improve performance than just pressure... but it should show some benefit  especially if you run a tune modified to deliver increased boost.

I plan to add on with my tune coming up.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

tmcphail

Kevin you can use the files now.

I like to couple WM with the 3 bar for a few reasons.

1. Fuel system extension from Methanol.
2. Octane addition from Methanol
3. Charge temperature decrease from the water/meth mixture.

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

SwampRat

First of all , I wish I had done this earlier but now that it is Done WOW !!

I have loaded the 91 octane   3 BAR Map , 170 T-stat tune and it is freakin awesome !

Seat of the pants butometer says BUNCH more power ...

Much firmer and no more mushy shifts and now I know what wheel Hop is !

p.s.    what is WM ?

2021 Edge ST

tmcphail

Thumbs up all round for Kevin!!

Water meth.
Take care,

Needmoreboost

Awesome Kevin.  Glad you like it.  As always, great job Torrie! 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

painterpatt

I just had my Flex on the dyno an hr ago. Torrie's tune and airaid intake only.....416/420. alt is 10ft, 65deg, 35hum.
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

tmcphail

Quote from: Needmoreboost on March 01, 2014, 03:02:51 PM
Awesome Kevin.  Glad you like it.  As always, great job Torrie! 
Quote from: painterpatt on March 01, 2014, 03:06:21 PM
I just had my Flex on the dyno an hr ago. Torrie's tune and airaid intake only.....416/420. alt is 10ft, 65deg, 35hum.

Sweet ! email me the graphs.

Oh and I have some items that are going into testing soon as well. It will fall right in line with your forum name Jeff : )
Take care,

SHOdded

Quote from: painterpatt on March 01, 2014, 03:06:21 PM

Pls post the dyno sheet.  Thanks in advance!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!