• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois installed vehicle packages on a SHO

Started by Bigb13, February 25, 2014, 09:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigb13

Hey guys just wondering if anybody has used Livernois installed vehicle services?
Thanks Ben
2014 Ford Taurus SHO PP Tuxedo Black Metallic

curry67

SwampRat

Quote from: Bigb13 on February 25, 2014, 09:36:19 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anybody has used Livernois installed vehicle services?
Thanks Ben
Way overprice in my opinion ..... and seriously backlogged from what I understand.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

crash712us

While your entitled to your opinion. But as to being back logged that would be spreading false information. I know what your getting at, but if you want the truth on it call LMS. Cause I know the truth on it and heard it first hand.

But to the OP, this isn't the first time you've posed this question and the responce was many. And I will to tell you again many. For myself I have not but I know many that have on this forum. Why they have chosen not to respond to your query I have no answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

bigmoneycloser

If I lived close, I would have them installed all my mods.....
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SRT82ECOBOOST

In general I think their installs prices are on the high side, especially since most of the parts that are available now for the Ecoboost platform can be installed by any mechanic that has prior experience with performance cars.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

pejohnson

I have not had anything installed at Livernois however I did just take a tour of their facilities earlier this week.   I tend to like to wrench on my own vehicles to gain knowledge and experience however I am not an expert by any stretch.  Walking through Livernois confirmed for me that when I have doubt on my abilities or limited time, Livernois will be working on my car.  Are they over priced?  That's not for me to say.  I just know they treated me well when I was there, answered all my questions and I got to see a lot cars being worked on that are having more complicated modifications done than I will ever consider.  They know what they are doing and that gives me a piece of mind that money can't buy.
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

bigmoneycloser

I believe some of install packages come with a dyno tune?
Either way, I think there's a benefit to having performance mods installed by a company that is a leader in the industry, rather than a local mech or someone that does not live and breathe the product as LMS does.

Since I'm not qualified to do an install myself, I would love the idea to have an industry leader install my set up.
Weather it's LMS or some of the highly qualified gents on this site..

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

mjhpadi

I know I have nothing but high praise for all my dealings with Livernois.  If I lived closer I would be getting my mods done there, may be a little higher priced, but for my experience they are more than worth the cost!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

futat2

I have not dealt with them nor do i need too. It is nothing against them and I have no issues with them at all. As far as the cost of there service work, you tend to get what you pay for. I understand that the SHO and Explorer seem to be very easy to work on for most people, keep in mind that they are a performance shop and work on many high end vehicles. I would assume there rates are based on that across the board and can understand not wanting to have fluctuating rates based on model. Just my opinion. The best thing about America is you can always find someone to do it cheaper at your own risk.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

bigmoneycloser

At your own risk is the key word there...
Hahahaha

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

black99lightning

If I lived anywhere close to them, I'd have them install some turbos, meth, and a tune.  Cars that see them personally are very fast.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

Bigb13

2014 Ford Taurus SHO PP Tuxedo Black Metallic

Livernois Motorsports

ShoBoat

Dunno what some of you guys are talking about, I called them last week. They took my call and were very helpful. I agree with some of the posts here, You get what you pay for, The EcoBoost can be temperamental at times. I have heard some horror stories of blown motors and all kids of stuff. I took my SHO to LMS for my work they were great and I have had no issues as of yet. They even helped troubleshoot with me when I had issues with my front end (I didn't even buy the H&R springs from them and I installed them myself) But I can only speak for myself. Do your research and like anything else if it sounds too good to be true, that's cuz it is lol.     
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.