• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How does my fuel pressure look?

Started by dmharvey79, February 07, 2014, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmharvey79

I am running the LMS 93 / 4+ tune on my 2013 SHO w/PP and I logged the following fuel pressure readings on my way to work this morning.

0-60 WOT with TC on (turning onto highway just prior to going WOT)

0-60 WOT with TC off

I've noticed some hesitation at high RPMs in the past, like others have mentioned, and I'm trying to decide if I should load the updated tune LMS sent me after I contacted them about this. I haven't noticed the hesitation since the weather here warmed up a little.

If I should go with the updated tune is it a good idea to go back to stock and then load the new tune or is it alright to load the current tune with the old tune installed? Thanks in advance!

68_GT

I have no idea but I'm interested in exactly this too. I have felt like fuel pressure is a problem my LMS 93 tuned 13 has. I get a hesitation more prevelant with a big downshift at high rpms. That's my biggest complaint with my tune at this point. Is there a LMS tune correction for this ? I have the V7 or what ever the last tune was in Nov. 13 and I still get it randomly. Sometimes my rpms wont even climb past a certain rpm like a rev limiter at 5-5.5K rpms. Then when it finally makes it to the shift point and hits the next gear up it pulls like a raped ape. Annoying and kinda the reason I gave up messing with my SHO lately it seems like there just not enough support for these cars. I lost all the wind out of my sails modding my SHO when LMS scrapped the XV1 tune. That's all I want is smooth acceleration to redline and boost to redline then I'd be 100% happy with mine. Doesn't seem like too much to ask from a tune on a factory boosted car.......
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

EcoPowerParts

Can you plot RPM as well? I'm going to assume you're seeing the pressure drop around 4500 RPM.
:)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

dmharvey...
You may want to clarify what the tune adjustment was.  LMS has stated that the problem you describe seemed to be a cold weather problem and has an amended tune to remedy that specifically. So you might want to verify what you have with them so you don't load a cold weather tune if you don't need it.... or I guess you could just load it and log again to see.  I believe it may be posted here in their vendor section.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 07, 2014, 11:44:01 AM
Can you plot RPM as well? I'm going to assume you're seeing the pressure drop around 4500 RPM.
:)

how is that fixed ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

EcoPowerParts

The fuel system I developed will fix it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

68_GT

modified intake with aux injectors / pump etc... ??

dmharvey79

Thanks all!

I will look at plotting the RPMs along with fuel pressure, if possible. I'm new to the app, so I still need to learn it's full capabilities, but I only recall seeing the option to measure one item at a time. Both of those charts show a WOT pull from zero to 60-65MPH if that helps you estimate the RPMs.

The updated tune LMS sent is supposed to address 'fuel system limitations', and they pointed out that they observed a demand for 30-40% greater fuel above 4-4500 rpm, as a result of cold weather and differences in fuel (I assume they mean winter blend).

My goal here is to have a tune that utilizes, but does not exceed, the car's stock turbos, fuel system, etc. That said, if the hesitation returns with my original tune I guess I'll just switch to the updated tune they sent me (very fast response from Livernois BTW) and go from there. Given the reliability issues I've had with this car to date I'm pretty sure my upgrades will be limited to just the tune.

Needmoreboost

Can you on road log it and send it back to LMS to make revisions if need be?  Probably a pretty smart thing to do on any new tune loaded into your car.  :)   I hope you get it sorted out.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

CrazyRacingMan

2011 SHO Air Raid CAI, 170 DEG T-stat, LMS V8 93 Stage 4+

dmharvey79

Those quick logs/charts were done with the Torque app

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 68_GT on February 07, 2014, 01:27:10 PM
Dual in tank fuel pump, new fuel line to fuel pressure regulator using stock line as a return line.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 08, 2014, 08:39:45 PM
Dual in tank fuel pump, new fuel line to fuel pressure regulator using stock line as a return line.

Wait, so you found the supply problem to be between the fuel tank pump and the HPFP? Meaning, the OE HPFP could handle the fuel load you desired, but it was the in-tank pump that couldn't deliver?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on February 08, 2014, 08:44:39 PM

Wait, so you found the supply problem to be between the fuel tank pump and the HPFP? Meaning, the OE HPFP could handle the fuel load you desired, but it was the in-tank pump that couldn't deliver?

Yes I've been saying this for months

www.ecopowerparts.com -

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 08, 2014, 08:55:13 PM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on February 08, 2014, 08:44:39 PM

Yes I've been saying this for months

YES You have been Mike , aka  4DRHTRD
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST