• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How does my fuel pressure look?

Started by dmharvey79, February 07, 2014, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Please advise how you made that graph.

I know how to log in Torque and that graphing function looks damn handy.

I just filled my tank to 24.6% E-85 and I'd like to see how the graphs compare.

I am still seeing peaks of 2600-2700 but Its hard to see in between with the world moving that fast, lol.

dmharvey79

It is pretty easy to do the types of graphs I posted...

1. Start Torque and select "graphing" on the main screen.
2. For "graph type" select "line chart".
3. Select whatever you'd like to measure under the "Y axis source" field.

To save the charts I clicked on the menu button and used the "share" option to post them to my Facebook page. Then I just right-clicked on the screen shots and saved them. I hope this helps and maybe people with more experience can offer more advanced tips.

68_GT

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 08, 2014, 08:55:13 PM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on February 08, 2014, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 08, 2014, 08:39:45 PM
Quote from: 68_GT on February 07, 2014, 01:27:10 PM
modified intake with aux injectors / pump etc... ??
Dual in tank fuel pump, new fuel line to fuel pressure regulator using stock line as a return line.

Wait, so you found the supply problem to be between the fuel tank pump and the HPFP? Meaning, the OE HPFP could handle the fuel load you desired, but it was the in-tank pump that couldn't deliver?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Yes I've been saying this for months

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

great thanks

would LMS know how to tweak my tune to take advantage of the added fuel supply ? I mean they should be able to add more boost then, or would I then really need to get a custom dyno tune ? if not do other tuners know how to take advantage of this added fule supply ? how would this fule upgrade compare to waiting on the larger injectors / in line pump ?

why is there not a performance package / out of the box or mail order tune to include EB vehicles with an upgraded fuel system like this ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SwampRat

Quote from: 68_GT on February 10, 2014, 06:25:29 PM

Why is there not a performance package / out of the box or mail order tune to include EB vehicles with an upgraded fuel system (4DR's)  like this ?

well for one I know of no one who has bought or is using his upgraded fuel system , I Guarantee Torrie could handle this if tasked to do so .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Why is this an issue on the 2013's that have more LPFP capacity than the 2010-12's?

Are other tuners having the same issue?

Is the core issue really the fuel system?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SwampRat on February 10, 2014, 08:09:31 PM

Why is there not a performance package / out of the box or mail order tune to include EB vehicles with an upgraded fuel system (4DR's)  like this ?

well for one I know of no one who has bought or is using his upgraded fuel system , I Guarantee Torrie could handle this if tasked to do so .

My suspicion is Torrie doesn't need the "upgraded fuel system"

SwampRat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 10, 2014, 08:13:52 PM

Well I'm no fuel system expert but more fuel in especially with higher flow injectors and a modified tune SHOULD provide MUCH more HP especially with more boost.

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SwampRat on February 10, 2014, 08:20:36 PM

Well I'm no fuel system expert but more fuel in especially with higher flow injectors and a modified tune SHOULD provide MUCH more HP especially with more boost.

I agree with that.

My point is 2013 owners shouldn't have to upgrade their fuel system just for a tune.

There are plenty of tuned gen 4.1 cars that don't have this issue even though they have less fuel available.

SwampRat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 10, 2014, 08:27:28 PM

I agree with that.

My point is 2013 owners shouldn't have to upgrade their fuel system just for a tune.

There are plenty of tuned gen 4.1 cars that don't have this issue even though they have less fuel available.
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 10, 2014, 08:27:28 PM

I agree with that.

My Point is the upgraded fuel system is primarily intended for folks that Want Serious Power with ATP turbos and high boost in conjuction with the soon to be available injectors from  Deatschwerks

2021 Edge ST

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 10, 2014, 09:49:16 PM
What?

What?

Quote from: SwampRat on February 09, 2014, 12:06:15 PM
Deatschwerks is finalizing development of their GDI injectors for Ford EcoBoost engines.

I guess we  can thank the  Mustang crowd  for this .

NEW update from Stang TV on Jan. 21st. 2014

www.stangtv.com/news/deatschwerks-developing-ecoboost-injectors-in-time-for-2015-mustang/

Quote from article above :

Many talented tuners have already come up with tuning solutions, and the aftermarket has also been releasing parts for EcoBoost powered cars and trucks. The limiting factor up until now has been getting more fuel to the engine. Increasing boost and playing with fuel, timing, and other data within the computer can net more power, but eventually the incoming air charge exceeds the amount of available fuel. There hasn't been a solution to this issue until now, and it comes from Deatschwerks.

4DR Has been saying  this for a while now !

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 09, 2014, 02:27:10 PM
Kind of wondering, for those that are blending their own concoctions of E85, or for those supplementing with Methanol, how much more of an improvement this will add?

I imagine the combination of all of the offerings collectively, will have a tremendous, positive, outcome!

Pretty exciting would be an understatement!

:clap2:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2021 Edge ST

dmharvey79

So...I continue to play with the data logging features on the Torque app and here is a shot of my latest.

Now that it is warming up, and I installed the revised LMS 'cold weather tune', I'm not noticing the car stumble at high RPMs like it did before. I guess that's a good thing but now I'm wondering if the new tune is leaving potential performance increases on the table.

My goal is to compile some data logs for my car/tune and provide them to LMS so they can take a look. Any input on the measurables I should be logging for this purpose will be greatly appreciated. I asked LMS a while back and they kind of skipped over the question, not sure if this means they're not interested in the idea of tweaking my tune in the future but we'll see.

Josephm

Your using Torque Pro? I just got the dongle, and downloaded Torque lite just to play with, and was curious if you have to have the Pro version to monitor the FP
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

dmharvey79

I am using Torque Pro and sending data logs to the Torque site. I'm not sure if these features are available on the free version but the pro version only costs a couple of dollars.