• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro profile set up and initial start up

Started by bigmoneycloser, February 02, 2014, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Ok so I am just setting up the torque pro app profile for my 2014 XSport.
I have some questions for the profile set up.

Weight(with driver and fuel)-5290lb
Fuel capacity-18.6
1- boost adjustment:?
2- volumetric efficiency:?
3- mpg trim adjustment:?
4- obd speed multiplier:?

Once I plug in obd and connect nexus.
What should I be logging and what display set up should I use?

Thanks for any help
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

DJE624

I'm pretty Sure boost adjustment is zero.  4DR knows.  He helped me with it last summer.  Sorry it's been awhile.

FoMoCoSHO

No boost adjustment

From the info I could find, the EB3.5 consumes 25 % more air than a stock 3.5 so I added that to the baseline 85% and set mine at 110%. With direct injection and lots of boost this number may peak substantially higher. Hopefully some smarter than me will chime in as I really can't find any concrete answers.

I have not messed with MPG trim adjustment, I'm not using torque to calculate fuel economy.

No OBD speed multiplier necessary IMHO.

Larrylu

Here is what I'm using
Boost adjustment:  0
Volumetric efficiency:  85%
mpg trim adjustment:  1.0
OBD Seed multiplier:  1.0

I took the volumetric efficiency to mean the resistance to the air flowing through the plumbing. With the turbos you will flow more air....but at the stated efficiency.

You make me second guess my interpretation. Interesting thought. Maybe do a little research on the Torque forum?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

bigmoneycloser

So what gauges are everyone running on torque? And what are the most important items to be viewing/logging?
Thx
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

DJE624

I usually just do intake temp, air/fuel and boost of course.

bigmoneycloser

In torque, what are their gauge names? I'm not familiar with all the language.. Sorry.. Learning as I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

Larrylu

The bigger the display the more gauges you can display. You can fit a lot more on a Nexus 7 than on a phone. The bigger you make the gauges the fewer you can fit on the screen. If you play with it you will learn the names and figure out what is important to you and what looks pleasing to your eye. I'm sure everybody's displays will be unique. Also you can have more than one screen. So you can have a daily driver screen, a trip screen, and a race day screen. Knock yourself out!  Enjoy!!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

Blow up the dash pic I posted and you can see my layout. I run the following...

AFR commanded and measured
Short term fuel trim bank 1 (STFT on the gauge)
Long term fuel trim bank 1  (LTFT on the gauge)
Short term fuel trim bank 2
Long term fuel trim bank 2
Fuel rail pressure (Fuel Rail on the gauge)
Turbo vacuum/boost
Wheel Torque
Wheel Horsepower

Keep in mind, you can have multiple panels so if you can't fit everything on one page, you can move the noncritical stuff to another page.

You will notice blinking lights on all of your gauges and that they blink at different rates. These indicate the polling rate of that sensor.

Holding the gauge down allows you to completely change the gauge configuration and size without having to delete and start over.

Wild13SHO

Anyone add a custom PID to monitor something that Torque doesn't?  I know torque has the trans temp as an option but it must not read the correct PID or it's trying to calculate the temp somehow. 
I went to add a custom PID and was a bit scared since torque threw up a message saying a bad PID could damage the car. I don't quite understand how since it should only be reading data and not pushing data. 
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

DJE624

I would be careful.  It may send a ping or some signal to a sensor in order to get an answer back.  It is plugged into the computer so who knows what could happen....

bigmoneycloser

Thx for all who responded.
I set up two screens and I think I'm happy with the set up. Now to start using it..
My ram mount won't be here till Friday or so and power install and the exhaust will get installed Friday.

Does torque only log the selected displays?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

BiGMaC

So Torque... which many are using successfully... warns that incorrect info can turn off features of the car, and that a "bad" (?= unrecognized?) PID used with it could damage the car.  I agree with Dave. It is likely pinging the cars ECM to maintain contact and or ask for info. Does it have a manual?

These warnings may be routine, but I'd be contacting the developer Ian Hawkins  at piemmm20@googlemail.com or calling him if you can find a phone number.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bigmoneycloser

I'm just gonna stay away from the custom PID stuff for now..
I'm already in way over my head...lol
Other than a cool toy, I still have to figure out how this will be a benefit for me???
I figure if I learn it now I will be better off later if LMS releases a fuel system upgrade and turbos..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

DJE624

It's just nice to have the gauges and measuring devices.  I really only used mine at the track to monitor intake temps and testing tunes on country roads.  Like 0-60 and AFR on WOT at the high RPMs.  It's fun to watch the boost too!