• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro profile set up and initial start up

Started by bigmoneycloser, February 02, 2014, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikesb

2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

Mikesb

Also
I'm new to nexus and am having a hard time working with torque app. Half the time when I touch or hold or click the gauges to edit I can't, i touch and touch then it will let me edit. Another thing, should I have something turned off while editing and not connected to to car? The app is constantly searching for vehicle
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

bigmoneycloser

I set up my gauges and themes without connection to car..
The issue with touching screen is the tablet. You have to touch it so it doesn't move the screen or it doesn't recognize.
It's a pain.. Apple is better....  ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

Mikesb

Yes I tap and tap, it can take minutes to access one gauge. I never have enough time to set up one screen
Not connected to car but it's constantly searching for BT
PORTLAND OREGON

Larrylu

While you are setting things up, it might be helpful to turn off the Bluetooth function on the tablet so it's not searching and attempting to connect to it's paired MX. When you are done setting up just set the Bluetooth to on before you put it back in the car. I like Apple better too!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

Which nexus are you guys running? My now dead 2013 Nexus didn't seem to have these issues. Might want to drop into the Torque forums and let Ian know you're having issues.

bigmoneycloser

My nexus setup with USB flushed into pillar

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

Mikesb

I think I'm getting it, when tapping a gauge don't move the screen. Works a lot better but still sensitive
I think I need to use it more, especially getting my meth dialed in. My boost gauge turns into a vacuum gauge when running and it mostly ran in the minus side, like -20 to -5

Sure like to get a boost and knock gauge working rite

I'm running a new 16g nexus7
PORTLAND OREGON

bigmoneycloser

My boost/vacuum gauge is the same.. IM running the new version 32g nexus7.
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

Bigjht

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 07, 2014, 08:15:22 PM

My nexus setup with USB flushed into pillar

What power source did you wire the USB to?  Did you use a 1 amp or 2.1 amp USB?  I'm looking at options to power my Nexus 7 in my F150 and was looking at doing a similar setup except in the tray on top of the dash.  I am also looking at options of just installing a 12v Outlet up there and using a 2.1 USB Adapter in it.  I can tap in to the USB ports in the radio but they are only 1 amp so I think I'm going to go directly to the fuse panel to make sure I'm getting plenty of power.  I'm curious if you did the same.
2013 PP SHO - Airaid CAI, Eibach Springs, Livernois Tune
2013 EB F150 Limited - Stock for Now!

Larrylu

This is a great looking way to install the Nexus. I particularly like the USB outlet on the pillar. Nicely done! 

It may no longer be the case but the last generation of the Nexus used a special wall charger that shorted out the data pins in the USB cable to turn on the fast charge mode. Some specialty cables are available with shorted data pins to duplicate the effect and trick the tablet into fast charge mode while hooked up in the car. If Nexus has not changed this charging system, I would guess you will have to get a fast 2.1 amp car power supply (a lot of them are 1 amp) and a USB cable with shorted data pins in order to keep your Nexus topped up in normal operation. In my fairly light suburban use I lose maybe 2%to 3% of the battery while the Nexus sleeps over night and I can make that back up with probably 50 minutes of driving so for me the bottom line is, week in and week out I'm staying charged up.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

bigmoneycloser

They pulled power from an ignition source..not sure exactly where..
Sorry
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

Mikesb

Pid's are what the gauges are called?
Still trying to get a boost and a knock pid

I looked at that knock pid set up thread. Is that what I should do?
PORTLAND OREGON

Bigjht

2013 PP SHO - Airaid CAI, Eibach Springs, Livernois Tune
2013 EB F150 Limited - Stock for Now!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Mikesb on February 09, 2014, 01:39:40 PM
Pid's are what the gauges are called?
Still trying to get a boost and a knock pid

I looked at that knock pid set up thread. Is that what I should do?
Boost is already built into the default gauge selection.