• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Part Numbers for OEM PP SHO Rotors

Started by MDesign Performance, February 01, 2014, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

Anyone have the part numbers for the 10-12 and 13+ PP SHO front and rear rotors? Ive seen the 13+ non-PP SHO have the same part number on the rears as the 10-12's though I know the front rotors are larger in diameter and are different. From what I've been reading on the forums, I should be able to upgrade to the slightly larger in diameter 10-12 PP rotors on my non-PP MKS though anyone have any info on trying to swap the 13+ PP front rotors on a 10-12 non-PP?

Im basically looking to upgrade my rotors with the factory PP all around and using EBC or another quality pad as a moderate brake upgrade, just looking for a little more bite.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SwampRat

Master Cylinder is different on 13+ as well  , possibly other parts associated with it as well ; I think .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

crash712us

I would like to see your source of your information, I personally can not see how this would be possible. There is the rotor dimensions post around here.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

MDesign Performance

Yea I discovered that the master cylinder/brake booster are different to help with the redesign of a slightly larger bore of the master cylinder. Reason people notice a difference in braking of the '13+ is because their brakes are in-fact working harder, your'e actually pushing harder on the pedal also.

Back on topic though, that's the only reason I am interested in just upgrading to the slightly larger diameter rotor as I have no plans on tracking the car though would like more stopping power as my go power rises  ;D
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

MDesign Performance

Quote from: crash712us on February 01, 2014, 03:06:45 PM
I would like to see your source of your information, I personally can not see how this would be possible. There is the rotor dimensions post around here.

Someone in the thread below with a MKS had installed the Power Stop brake kit, same kit that people have put on their PP SHO. Though instead of going with the Power Stop brake kit I'd rather opt for solid OEM PP rotors with a better pad. Also linked some info on the changes of the brakes below.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=362.msg23168#msg23168

crash712us

Okay 1st 2013+ brakes are not compatible with earlier models. As for 2010-2012 PP cars or non-PP cars only difference is brake pad compound. Everything else is the same.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

black99lightning

Quote from: crash712us on February 01, 2014, 03:28:41 PM
Okay 1st 2013+ brakes are not compatible with earlier models. As for 2010-2012 PP cars or non-PP cars only difference is brake pad compound. Everything else is the same.

What if you did calipers/hat/rotors on the front and left the stock mc/booster? would the brake components bolt up to the front of the vehicle?
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

EcoPowerParts

If you swap to aftermarket rotors and more importantly pads it will make a HUGE difference to y our brake feel. My Flex went from scary to great. TCE brakes would be even better but of course cots quite a bit more.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

black99lightning

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 02, 2014, 03:16:46 PM
If you swap to aftermarket rotors and more importantly pads it will make a HUGE difference to y our brake feel. My Flex went from scary to great. TCE brakes would be even better but of course cots quite a bit more.

I'm not currently having any braking issues.  Replaced the pads/rotors around 50k with EBC slotted rotors and green pads.  They warped almost immediatley.  Bought new stock rotors from Ford and Powerstop pads and have been fine since.  Currently 73K miles.  I'm looking for bigger, IE 2013 PP rotors/pads.  The TCE is nice, but expensive and requires a spacer to use factory wheels.  I've used a spacer once on wheels.  I had a 88 LX 5.0 that back in 94 I put real 93 cobra wheels.  After about 1000 miles I noticed a bad vibration on the interstate.  The lugs had loosened.  I will never use spacers again.

So has anyone upgraded their 2010-2012 to the 2013 PP front brakes?  Through SVTP I can get Ford parts at cost +0%, or the Ford dealership across from my work will do the same.  I just need to know if the rotors/calipers/pads will be a direct swap.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

mjhpadi

I've never found Ford rotors to be great, I know that several aftermarket companies (I believe EBC) make solid rotors that would compliment their pads.  I know when I replace mine I will be getting EBC rotors and pads. 
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SwampRat

The rotors , pad and calipers would be a direct swap " IF " The knuckle assy on the front is the same part number , that I am unsure of.  I say this because the front Wilwood kit that Todd at TCE sells for the SHO fits all SHO models 2010 +
The ears on the knuckle/hub assy are spaced the same for the calipers , just not sure of the back spacing of the rotor to hub .

The real question Is .... WHY would anyone put that kind of money into OEM parts because by the time you add up those OEM prices I'd bet you'll be damn close to a TCE/Wilwood kit price .

Most people end up with spacer problems because they buy cheap one's  that are not hubcentric...
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/flex-/-sho/kits-23/
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

crash712us

Quote from: black99lightning on March 02, 2014, 08:26:09 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 02, 2014, 03:16:46 PM

I'm not currently having any braking issues.  Replaced the pads/rotors around 50k with EBC slotted rotors and green pads.  They warped almost immediatley.  Bought new stock rotors from Ford and Powerstop pads and have been fine since.  Currently 73K miles.  I'm looking for bigger, IE 2013 PP rotors/pads.  The TCE is nice, but expensive and requires a spacer to use factory wheels.  I've used a spacer once on wheels.  I had a 88 LX 5.0 that back in 94 I put real 93 cobra wheels.  After about 1000 miles I noticed a bad vibration on the interstate.  The lugs had loosened.  I will never use spacers again.

So has anyone upgraded their 2010-2012 to the 2013 PP front brakes?  Through SVTP I can get Ford parts at cost +0%, or the Ford dealership across from my work will do the same.  I just need to know if the rotors/calipers/pads will be a direct swap.

From what I know they will not fit. I personally have EBC pads and rotors and I know several other that do as well, that have no problems with. Did you follow there pad bedding procedure? And did you upgrade all wheels or just fronts?

It would nice if they where direct fit, and would cost far less this the wilwoods. But accord to Todd at TCE the 2013+ brakes don't really offer any better braking then the earlier cars. Its the larger master cylinder that makes them feel different.

FoMoCoSHO

The 2013 60-0 is 106ft.

Performance wise that puts it in some very serious company.

Beware of expensive upgraded braking systems and the law of diminishing returns.

Larrylu

2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro