• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

????? NO MORE ROTM ????

Started by SwampRat, January 28, 2014, 04:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

DO WE REALLY  WANT THIS TO HAPPEN ?

Quote from  shoutbox  ... 4DRHTRD: I think if we can't get at least 75 votes this month I'm going to retire ROTM as it appears as though our members don't want it. We can't get participation in either cars or voting it doesn't seem worthwhile.
Today at 11:26:58 AM

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 28, 2014, 04:39:09 PM
Quote from: black99lightning on January 28, 2014, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on January 28, 2014, 09:09:40 AM
The race is on!... But so far not much voting...
Be sure to vote your choice for the Feb 1014 Ride of the Month!
Here's the link.  It's anonymous and fun.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=1925.0

I voted.

Thats the Spirit   ..... Dont need to know who it was for  ..

Just be PROUD to say I VOTED ! !

The Vast majority of our Members  on  EBPF are very PASSIONATE about our MODS .

I see NO REASON why we cant be the same with ROTM entries and voting .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 28, 2014, 04:56:34 PM

I don't see why either.  But obviously 95% could care less.

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on January 28, 2014, 06:27:36 PM

:clap2:
Especially with sponsors now!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Quote from: DJE624 on January 28, 2014, 06:27:36 PM

Simplify the voting a little. ..

You should not have to dig around to vote  .
Voting  Tab should be  on top of Home page and Forum page .
Make it TapTalk friendly.

Not sure what  to do to entice more entries ....
Come up with a ROTM  frameable certificate , a patch design for a ball  cap  and decal design for t shirts and I will get them made at my expense.

2021 Edge ST

Larrylu

I think the ROTM is a great idea.  It would be a shame to lose it.  I agree that a voting tab on the home page would make finding the voting booth much easier. The radio buttons are great as is. For more entries how about if a previous legit non winning entry could be automatically or more easily re-entered into the pool of entries for the next months competition. 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

BiGMaC

What would you change about the submission process to make it easier... let's come up with a concrete plan.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

FracaSHO

I would vote more if I could submit my vote through Tapatalk. I honestly never log onto the forum on my computer. Because of this I always forget to vote.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SwampRat

Quote from: FracaSHO on January 28, 2014, 11:18:57 PM
I would vote more if I could submit my vote through Tapatalk. I honestly never log onto the forum on my computer. Because of this I always forget to vote.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone

I personally dont use taptalk  ,  but you should be able to vote using the safari browser ... I can on android using chrome or opera browsers.

2021 Edge ST

FracaSHO

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 28, 2014, 11:26:54 PM

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone

I personally dont use taptalk  ,  but you should be able to vote using the safari browser ... I can on android using chrome or opera browsers.

Yeah, but there's no mobile version of the site. It sounds lazy, but you have to make the voting easy in order to get people to vote.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad

DJE624

I use the regular website on my tab and phone.  It's kind of a pain on the phone but it works.

BiGMaC

First know that I want our membership happy..... and wish that all the folks that write apps and software and made devices would all work together.  I agree that in all things the device I'm currently using should do what ever i desire to whatever I choose and with a minimum of effort.. but alas.

I actually dislike mobile websites because of the truncation and limitation of options.... True, It's work to spread my fingers to be sure I touch the right tab or button or whatever, but that's my choice 'cuz I hate to scroll more. I don't even try to influence others for the reasons above.

if I had a magic wand.......

Larrylu

This morning it looked like there was a link to the voting booth placed under the entry pics. That should make easy enough .....even for people like me with a rep for not finding the voting site.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FracaSHO

Quote from: FracaSHO on January 29, 2014, 01:04:17 AM

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 28, 2014, 11:26:54 PM

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, but there's no mobile version of the site. It sounds lazy, but you have to make the voting easy in order to get people to vote.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone

Ok so I figured out an easy way to vote.  I have an iPhone and I don't know if the Tapatalk app is the same for android. Within each thread there are 3 dots in the top right corner. If you push on that an option menu appears. Hit web version. You will need to sign in but you can click on stay signed in so you only have to do it once. If you do this from the "vote for ROTM" thread it takes you right to the web page and just cast your vote at the top of the page. At least it's a way to take you straight to where you need to go and avoid navigating around the web site on your phone.

I just voted and we are only a third of the way to 75 votes. Let's keep this going in order to encourage further modding and SHO'ing off the Ecoboost platforms!

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad

Larrylu

I tried this twice on my iPad and yes it's easy enough to get to the page shown in the 3 pic but no radio buttons so how do you vote? 

SwampRat

Quote from: Larrylu on January 29, 2014, 10:27:33 AM
I tried this twice on my iPad and yes it's easy enough to get to the page shown in the 3 pic but no radio buttons so how do you vote?

Easy ... click on home page tab ... top of home page is a tab for voting

2021 Edge ST