• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO new exhaust tips

Started by 68_GT, January 19, 2014, 03:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

$140 installed. Tips we're $50 each maybe not the best deal on them but they had them and I wanted them right then so oh well.... I didn't price the tips anywhere else becasue this shop just happen to have exactly what I would want anyway. They are very nice double walled polished SS.

Before / stock tiny tips

After / fills the bumper cut out holes much better, less angle on the slash cut, 4in diamter, more aggressive but stockish appearance :)

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

SHOdded

Them's some mega horns, baby!  :thumb:  Magnaflow?  Corsa?  Borla?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Looks really sweet!   :thumb: .....

weld-on?, custom?, link?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

exhaust shop brand lol I have no clue he had a ton of very nice double walled polished stainless steel tips. If he didn't have them I probaly wouldn't have done it. I was there asking about deleting my 3rd cat, but he was wishy washy about removing a cat. Then he talked about deleting it and the stock resonator, and putting in a secion of larger diameter straight pipes and a magnaflow internally crossover resonator. Mainly for a little sound I didn't expect any real power increase from it. He mentioned removing that cat would hurt my gas mileage ??? anyone ??

next time I go past there I'll stop and ask him and update this in a few days.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

68_GT

they're welded on. Amazing the muffler exit pipe is 2in ! he still had to weld in some gaps to get the tips on there even though the reduced inernally.

The car seems a tad louder on cold start up I guess because the diameter acts like a megaphone on a smaller level. Might be a tad louder regular driving too but I can't confirm just yet.

SHOdded

Is the exhaust note any deeper?  That would be a cool bonus.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

IMHO...deleting a cat (restriction and odor after spirited drive) shouldn't hurt mileage.

Waiting for the update....

..could be a cost effective aesthetic thing to do until I get to considering exhaust rework.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

$140 well spent for a much more muscular appearance from the rear.

68_GT

DJE624

Sounds good!  Thanks for putting it up. 

68_GT

I took another quick video of me jumping in and "revving it up" lol what a joke. That was useless and the video ended up upside down so it's not worth the trouble. It sounds basically the same.

Can't my LMS tune allow me to rev the darn thing up !?!?!? what gives ??!

DJE624

Beats me.  How high are you trying to rev it?  I usually only rev up to about 3K or so.  Unless it's in gear! 

SHOdded

Seems to have a Mustang V8 type rumble at idle, gotta like :thumb:

Josephm

I was questioning about the revving my self. Was at a loss when i tried to rev it, and it would not. Was trying to see if i could hear the turbo's after installing the K N filter
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete