• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO new exhaust tips

Started by 68_GT, January 19, 2014, 03:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolk1

Looks like the tips I ordered and welded on myself about 6 months ago. lol

I just have stock exhaust with no cats at all, and different tips.

dmharvey79

I think the aftermarket tips look great. Another project to add to my list, haha.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Kolk1 on January 20, 2014, 04:09:03 PM
Looks like the tips I ordered and welded on myself about 6 months ago. lol

I just have stock exhaust with no cats at all, and different tips.

Kolk1... are the tips you bought double wall?....  what brand? ... Got a Part# so I can check it out? TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Kolk1

They are double walled, let me do some digging and see if I can find any information on them. No idea where I bought them from off the top of my head.

Kolk1

Ok that took a lot of digging, and I was able to find the web site, but cant verify part number. I know I bought dual walled 4inch tips, and Im pretty sure 2.5 was the inlet. I know I had to make a small adapater, like the stock pipe might be closer to 2.25, but it was pretty simple since I have a welder.

Also, I had to make the pipe from the muffler to the tip a couple inchs longer. But that worked to my advantage since I had to to an adapter. Basically what I did was, If the stock exhaust pipe going to the stock tip was 2.25 OD, I found a pipe that was 2.25ID, then just slid that over the stock pipe a little bit and welded it on, then the exhaust tip was 2.5 ID, so it just barley slid over the 2.25ID extension.

Im like 99% sure these are the tips I bought:
http://www.redtailperformance.com/Exhaust_Muffler_Tip_Round_Forward_Slash_Cut_Double_Wall_Inner_Bevel_2.5_inch_Inlet-ID/_4_inch_Outlet-OD/_Red_Tail_Performance_RTP-042/

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

MDesign Performance

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance