• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Assemble my build

Started by Mikesb, January 16, 2014, 01:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikesb

I would like hi quality and healthy, not rattling the hood but nice
After reading through peoples builds I think I've picked out what components I'd like

Ms-8, pdx v9, two 8" JL subs up in rear deck and then replace the rest of factory with jL's (deadening material?)

I'm not stuck on these components but I have had great experience with JL Audio speakers

Does the items listed seem like all I would need for a nice system?
Where can I get all the components, I definitely want to only purchase from an authorized dealer with the best customer track record and I dont know who that is. I've looked at crutchfield and sonic and neither of them have ms-8 available

Any help would be very appreciated, I'd like to start getting the parts rite away while I'm waiting on my DP's and alky controles
I'm in Portland Or, and am going to get some professional help on audio install ?

Mike
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

twnscrw13

It sounds like it'll.. err.. sound great. :)  I'm getting my SHO back today or tomorrow after getting and ms8 and the v9 installed. Going to upgrade the front stage after that.
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

BiGMaC

To get a better picture for us all of what you're doing/planning....

Mike... Which 8" JBL subs are you considering? (model #) ... Free air in the deck mount? ... and... What are you going to do with the display of the mx9?  ... and what is the basic connection (order of components and speakers)? TIA

twnscrew... Did you do subs?... what size, model # and mounting?... Did you use an amp (thought the mx9 had one in it)? ... and what is the basic order (connection) of the components and speakers? TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Mikesb

Heck! I don't know. I am still just figuring out what components to get. I'll take all the help I can get if you have ideas?  I don't know what subs to get or even if that free floating method will work. One of our members in the audio tab put his floating in the rear deck, I just thought it looked pretty clean. He also mounted an amp in between them. I thought I would get all the stuff and then figure out where it goes. As far as the ms8 display I was hoping to hide it, console or glove box, I'm hoping I wouldn't have to adjust it all the time
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

twnscrw13

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 16, 2014, 09:12:43 AM
To get a better picture for us all of what you're doing/planning....

Mike... Which 8" JBL subs are you considering? (model #) ... Free air in the deck mount? ... and... What are you going to do with the display of the mx9?  ... and what is the basic connection (order of components and speakers)? TIA

twnscrew... Did you do subs?... what size, model # and mounting?... Did you use an amp (thought the mx9 had one in it)? ... and what is the basic order (connection) of the components and speakers? TIA

They're installing an Alpine PDX V9. And yes the MS-8 does come with an amp in it but I was looking for a bit more power.  They are installing a 'temp' sub (8" Alpine ported sub) until I have the extra cash for a JL Stealthbox.  I'm putting my display either to the left of the mirror or just infront of the moon roof.  They're doing a custom rack for the MS-8 and the V9 in the trunk. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's finished.

Mikesb

Still trying to find components. Any thought on where to look?
PORTLAND OREGON

twnscrw13

I got my ms8 on Amazon for $400 which I thought was pretty good. I just always make sure the seller has a good rating.

Kolk1

Quote from: Mikesb on January 17, 2014, 12:11:48 AM
Still trying to find components. Any thought on where to look?

Im currently running Hertz HSK165XLs up front, and love them. My last car had Diamond D6s, and I really liked them as well.

Mikesb

Check this out - my local shop put together a system plan for me, I think it only consists of two door speakers, two tweeters and one sub. Supposedly this outfit is recognized as the car audio leader in the NW. let me know what you think, I'm seriously considering it. Here's the component list they first recommended after I told the what I was thinking.

Mosconi of Italy 4to6 DSP processor (parametric EQ, crossover, time correction, and digital level matching)

Morel Virtus 6 165mm midwoofer (2-inch voice coil, 3-year warranty, installed in our precision mating spacers)

Morel MT-120 28mm silk-dome tweeter (low frequency capability, fabricated into the window "sail" trims for on-axis performance and the widest stereo stage)

Arc Audio Mini KS125.4 (mids and tweeter channels) and Arc KS500.1 (subwoofer channel) amplifiers

JL Audio 12TW3 thin-frame subwoofer (Made in USA, excellent small-enclosure performance)

I'm kinda scared to say how much it costs to install - can you guess?
PORTLAND OREGON

BiGMaC

Quote from: Mikesb on January 18, 2014, 11:54:52 AM
Check this out - my local shop put together a system plan for me, I think it only consists of two door speakers, two tweeters and one sub. Supposedly this outfit is recognized as the car audio leader in the NW. let me know what you think, I'm seriously considering it. Here's the component list they first recommended after I told the what I was thinking.

Mosconi of Italy 4to6 DSP processor (parametric EQ, crossover, time correction, and digital level matching)

Morel Virtus 6 165mm midwoofer (2-inch voice coil, 3-year warranty, installed in our precision mating spacers)

Morel MT-120 28mm silk-dome tweeter (low frequency capability, fabricated into the window "sail" trims for on-axis performance and the widest stereo stage)

Arc Audio Mini KS125.4 (mids and tweeter channels) and Arc KS500.1 (subwoofer channel) amplifiers

JL Audio 12TW3 thin-frame subwoofer (Made in USA, excellent small-enclosure performance)

I'm kinda scared to say how much it costs to install - can you guess?

The components look very good... I am a silk dome tweeter fan as they don't get harsh and I also love a tweet-mid-midbass-sub system (4way with 12-24 Db/octave crossovers)... especially for accurate reproduction of pianos, saxophones, and other similar instruments that have a lot of harmonics. It is a superior setup. I have invested as much as $8k in components alone for this kind of system in the past.

Just remember, it's a car,... the "listening box" is irregular in shape with varying reflective and absorbing surfaces and you can't sit in the sweet spot while still having others get full benefit, plus as soon as it starts moving a lot of detail can't be heard over the 45-60 Db ambient noise in a car.  0 and larger power cables can be several dollars a foot... then there's the connectors.

The components, adequate sound deadening (50-70lb of Dynamat is my fav), and the custom work limited to the A pillars and sub box... (I'll assume 3 channels (stereo and sub), a sub enclosure and a seven speaker system and no amplification or crossovers added beyond what may be in the DSP)... I'll guess $3000 ± $500 depending on wiring choices at best.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Mikesb

5k range for the items I listed / installed. So far it's been just email conversations, but I'm setting up an appointment with them Saturday to look at the shop and talk about the system. I'll let you know what happens
PORTLAND OREGON

BiGMaC

interested to hear for sure!

Mikesb

Put deposit down and set install date. They want my car for five days. Way high end shop, very impressed. It took almost 2 hrs to look around shop and configure my ride, plus got schooled on the science of audio
ALSO - they fabricate and manufacture some cool stuff, like a magnetic adapted housing for ipad mini that goes over the face of a head unit of a gt. Hard to explain, but it looks factory and allows users to control system with the pad. Anyway he is excited to come up with some nexus mounting options after I told him about what we use them for
PORTLAND OREGON

BiGMaC

Quote from: Mikesb on January 25, 2014, 04:16:12 PM
ALSO - they fabricate and manufacture some cool stuff, like a magnetic adapted housing for ipad mini that goes over the face of a head unit of a gt. Hard to explain, but it looks factory and allows users to control system with the pad. Anyway he is excited to come up with some nexus mounting options after I told him about what we use them for

Any Pics of it?

mjhpadi

Sure hope you can get some photos of the install, and the finished product. Sounds like it should be pretty awesome!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350