• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I Give UP

Started by SwampRat, December 25, 2013, 06:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

It seems that 22" Wheels and Low Pro rubber is not a happy combo on my SHO.

I've had to put other MODS on HOLD temporarily.

Less than a month ago my fiancée trashed a wheel  hitting a curb that cost 200.00 to get straightened and refinished  AND two days ago I bent one hitting a water covered SINKHOLE ... BIG POTHOLE !!

Between my Fiancee and the Crappy roads around here I've decided to Buy 20" wheels.......

They will be here end of next week ...

Decided on Giovanna Killis matte black with HANKOOK - Ventus V12 Evo 255/45ZR20 rubber ...

Order a set of 5 so I would have a full size spare that will fit the Wilwood brake Kit

Pic of wheel below ...

Installed will look similar to this

I will post pics next week after install

Not sure what to do with the 22's   ......

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

Sorry about your troubles.  IMHO, I think 20's are the best size for the SHO.

SHOdded

Argh!  Sorry to hear that, guy!  Those Mecca's sure are nice.  Do you have any other (larger) vehicles that can use these wheels?  Maybe put them up for sale (gulp)?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dcpatters

New wheel choice looks great.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

Frozen Taurus

2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

BiGMaC

Kbeck... if you read the ford engineering of the car you may also get a more responsive ride.  If you come down a little in diameter of the mounted tire your tune should REALLY blast off the line then!  .... and a little more sidewall will decrease the cost of ownership.  You're making a sound move!  No dis intended...but, I think your new wheel choice is sexier than what you were running! :thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: kbeck59 on December 25, 2013, 06:55:12 PM
It seems that 22" Wheels and Low Pro rubber is not a happy combo on my SHO.

I've had to put other MODS on HOLD temporarily.

Less than a month ago my fiancée trashed a wheel  hitting a curb that cost 200.00 to get straightened and refinished  AND two days ago I bent one hitting a water covered SINKHOLE ... BIG POTHOLE !!

Between my Fiancee and the Crappy roads around here I've decided to Buy 20" wheels.......

They will be here end of next week ...

Decided on Giovanna Killis matte black with HANKOOK - Ventus V12 Evo 255/45ZR20 rubber ...

Order a set of 5 so I would have a full size spare that will fit the Wilwood brake Kit

Pic of wheel below ...

Installed will look similar to this

I will post pics next week after install

Not sure what to do with the 22's   ......

Just FYI if you damage your wheels on a pothole (here in AZ) you call the city and they pay for the damages if you can prove that the road was not in good repair.
:)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

MJESHO

KBECK..........if you were to fix the wheel that the sinkhole bent, how much would you sell the set of wheels & tires for?  The roads here in the Dallas burbs aren't that bad.........
2013 Ruby Red Metallic PP SHO
New 3.5TT motor thanks to Ford
K&N Short Ram Intake
2-12" HiFonics woofers w/ HiFonics mono amp  Debadged

Lanson

I've long said, if you're going 22's, it is a great idea to consider forged or rotary forged options.  They'll take hits better, and worst-case if they do bend, it usually isn't catastrophic like some cast wheels can end up being.

Second,

Know that the Killis wheel has outward-facing spokes, so be extra-extra careful with curbs.  This wheel has a tendancy to scrap the actual spokes, which is far worse than hitting the lip.

Here's what that will look like

So just be extra-extra careful!
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

68_GT

I like that new rim choice. Can you get a tire wide enough to protect the edges of the wheel ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SwampRat

got my fingers crossed as far as curb rash is concerned ...... the wheels are 20×8.5 with a + 35 offset

tires will be 255 45 20 summer tires .. may experiment to see how wide of a tire I can put on it....

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Keck... You might want to PM Lanson... he can get you a calculator that will tell you exactly this kind of info for about any tire and wheel combo... Check the thread about DJE's new wheels for an example.  Then no guesswork.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

mostly depends on how soon the megan coilovers are available  .... this will throw stock calculations out the window   ..... The coilovers should allow for slightly wider and or taller rubber.

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

I don't think I'd go any wider than a 255 on a 8.5.