• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU oil change write up?

Started by n8rfastback, December 21, 2013, 07:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Quote from: B. Rock on December 06, 2016, 01:08:54 PM
Quote from: polskifacet on April 13, 2016, 03:07:27 PM
For non PP you dont have to remove anything. You can fit your hand and a wrench next to the ptu and fairly easily unscrew the plug. Drilling and tapping the ptu is really the way to go for draining otherwise you have to do magic to get a good amount of fluid sucked out through the fill plug.

You can see the plug sticking out a bit where the o2 sensor ends.

How bad was installing the plug? Looked pretty tight to get a drill in there when I eye-balled it this past weekend.

I had a fairly long drill bit and the exhaust was blocking me. Aftermarket downpipes would make it even worse. Either you take that section of exhaust off (when stock) or buy a extra long drill bit.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

Randy Stinchcomb

Can't you use sumthing like a Jabsco pump and suck it up and out thru the fill??
Explorer if that makes a difference

MiWiAu

Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on January 26, 2017, 12:33:14 AM
Can't you use sumthing like a Jabsco pump and suck it up and out thru the fill??
Explorer if that makes a difference

The XSport has a drain plug; the problem is filling. The XSport has a cooled PTU, and the "fill hole" contains a temp sensor that must be removed. No way to remove this without taking out part of the downpipe.

I took a short cut and refilled the PTU from the vent tube (after putting a longer hose on it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport