• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Knock PID - may have some progress...

Started by ecoboostsho, November 08, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunwolf

Is there something different I have to do to get this to work for a 14? I put in the parameters exactly as they were on the first page but it either doesn't seem to work or I have no change in timing. I should expect it to at least increase the timing if I have no knock right?
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHOnUup

Make sure the device that you're monitoring with isn't auto spacing after anything. I had this issue at first. Hard to notice actually.

Rich
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: sunwolf on November 05, 2014, 08:02:05 AM
Is there something different I have to do to get this to work for a 14? I put in the parameters exactly as they were on the first page but it either doesn't seem to work or I have no change in timing. I should expect it to at least increase the timing if I have no knock right?
Are you "adding new pid", or just using the timing advance?

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

sunwolf

I am adding new pid. It auto spaced the first time I tried it but I fixed that it still wouldn't work. Funny thing is when it auto spaced the gauge said 0.0 but when I fixed the auto space it was just a - and no value ever popped up.
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L

SHOnUup

Are you getting the little activity square on gauge?

Rich

sunwolf

2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L

SHOnUup

Quote from: sunwolf on November 05, 2014, 09:33:53 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on November 05, 2014, 08:21:32 AM
Are you getting the little activity square on gauge?

Rich
No
Can you post a screenshot of your setup. The pid info and equations page.

Rich

TooFast4SHO

I have a 14 with the equation entered from the Torque thread and get knock readings just fine I believe -4 to +4 range.
2014 SHO non PP, Livernois 3bar v8 tune, PPE Catted Downpipes, 3rd cat delete with straight pipe stock back, H&R Dropped Springs, Low Temp Thermo. Adaptive Cruise, Collision Avoidance, Lane Keeping, Auto Brights..

12.99 @ 106.4 with 3/4 tank of gas and spare etc. in car.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: sunwolf on November 05, 2014, 08:02:05 AM
Importing the batch is much simpler than typing equations IMHO.

Much less opportunity for error....

Here's a pic so you can see how mine displays.

sunwolf

Just remade it and it works now. I was using a crappy adapter before but with the nnew one it seems fine. Readings ranged from 4.5 to -3.5 on a half hour drive just now. Will have to try e85 and see what happens.
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L

FoMoCoSHO

1. Run tank low
2. Via Torque, fill with 93 to 70%
3. Top off with corn
4. Enjoy!

The car may feel a bit off for short time while it's trimming itself out, have no worries though as it is temporary. If you want to shorten the re-learn take it out and drive it under various conditions for an hour or so

You will notice this disappear as the LTFT's get dialed in and your STFT's get closer to zero. Once it's dialed in, the increase in throttle response and power is definitely noticeable, in my experience it was 4/10ths at the strip.

FoMoCoSHO

Scratch that, I just noticed you are LMS tuned.

Sorry, lol.

You need to calculate for 15-20%

I would start at 15

SHOnUup

2 gallons of E / 85 per tank is working wonders so far. I like to add the E first if possible, to gaurantee a good mix.

FoMoCoSHO, your 4 tenths was on stock tune? Or was this experiment after tuned?

Rich

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO