• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque OBD speed is ~2mph under dash gauge

Started by loweredd, December 15, 2015, 09:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loweredd

Has anybody had this, or noticed this? Gauge shows about 62, and Torque bounces between 59.7 and 60.3. I don't get it. Is the needle just not put on very well? If I change tire revs, the ecm will be incorrect, correct?
2010 Eco Flex

Map, plugs, thermostat, 91 Torrie Tune.

SHOdded

IDK about the electronic displays, they should match exactly what the OBD port provides Torque.  Sometimes a calibration update is what is required to make this happen.  Could be an issue in the instrument cluster also.

On my Edge (mechanical gauge), I have the same issue.  It matches Torque precisely till about 60 mph, then it is off by 1 mph, 2+ mph at higher speeds.  But it is consistent, I err on the side of caution and rely on the higher reading to be my actual speed for practical purposes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

My cruise control does this.  Makes my OCD insane.  Cruise will be set at 70mph indicated on the digital read out on the left side and analog gauge will indicate 72mph 
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Scott4957

I'm not sure I've had a mechanical gauge that matched perfectly at all speeds. The digital read out on the dash should match torque. And sometimes that doesn't perfectly match GPS either.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

jmr061

Depending on the model, some vehicles have a wide tolerance of what is acceptable to actual speed.  The 2013 Taurus is between 3% low to 7% high and the 2013 PI Sedan (with a digital and analog speedo) is +/-4.9%.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

Capri83RS

Both Torque Pro using an OBDLink LX and my SCT X4 read 2mph slower than what the speedometer in the car reads.
1984 Capri RS
1991 F150 4x4
2013 Mustang GT Track Package w/ Recaro's
2014 Taurus SHO

SHOnUup

In the settings for Torque there is a place to adjust the digital speedometer...think mine is at 1.04 to get it dialed in at 60 mph. Ends up being off a half a mile an hour at 80 though.

And my OBDLINK MX BLUETOOTH has quit working...torque diagnostics says it's the scantool not communicating anymore :-

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

3 year warranty of the MX, get a replacement :)  That's what I plan to do with the WiFi model.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

In both my cars, I verified that the obd signal to Torque is correct, not the speedometer.

Also when we programmed the awd gauge, the difference jumped to 4 mph and my speed limit indicators in nav changed to European.

BiGMaC

You'll likely also find, as I did, that the cruise is off the speedo by the same amount. Apparently the speedo gets a different signal than the one available via the obd, which is the one going to the cruise.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Vortech347

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 30, 2015, 03:54:07 PM
You'll likely also find, as I did, that the cruise is off the speedo by the same amount. Apparently the speedo gets a different signal than the one available via the obd, which is the one going to the cruise.

This drives my OCD to the bring of insanity.  I wonder if something can be adjusted in the tune for it.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0