• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GET A PUMP!

Started by geswek, October 17, 2013, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pejohnson

Quote from: geswek on October 17, 2013, 05:37:25 PM
I just want to share my excitement for my new fond willpower to get back in shape. Most of you don't even really know me--I was an Army soldier, injured in Iraq, and lost my willpower--got medically retired and gained a ton of weight.

Well over the last 3 weeks I've put myself into the gym and it's paying off. I'm starting to shed the weight and gain the muscle. This week I have beat my first goal--15 minutes running on treadmill! I haven't done that in about 8 years, never could.

I take some things to help and without it I would be lost.

ON Hydrowhey (breakfast and after my workout)
MusclePharm Assault (taken 30 minutes before I go to gym, seriously pumps me up and muscles react nicely to it)
Fish oil (twice day, breakfast and dinner)
ON Multi-Vitamin

So for those of you sitting on couch; get up and do it. I'm 300 lbs (well 290 now) and I was able to run for 15 minutes on treadmill.

GET YO'PUMP ON!

BTW; the SHO is still sick as hell and I'm still being harassed by the POPO for being so damn sexy. I've sense given up and just pay the damn tickets, I ain't taking the blacked out windows down.

Regarding the window tint tickets, here is what I plan on doing before tinting. I am going to visit my dermotologist and tell them I need a prescription for the window tint. Explain that my skin is sensative to the ultraviolet rays and I need the tent to protect me. I am fair completed and truly my skin is sensative. If you have a prescription for the tint it's my understanding you cannot get a ticket. I may also ask my eye doctor for a prescription as well.
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

geswek

Quote from: Josephm on October 17, 2013, 10:17:26 PM
p90x is a great way to supplement a life style change. I do it daily, and love it. Its hard but it is nothing someone cant accomplish. I got a friend of mine hooked, and he was 63 when he started, and has been going for 2 plus years.

Thanks, I'll look into it in the future. Right now I need consistency and once I combat that then I will look at increasing my veracity.

I injured my L3, L4, and L5 in Iraq and since then I haven't done anything; let myself go so my core is shot. It's getting back there, I am pleased to see what I've done and look forward to more. I would love nothing more than to get back to how I was.

Quote from: pejohnson on October 17, 2013, 10:23:30 PM
Regarding the window tint tickets, here is what I plan on doing before tinting. I am going to visit my dermotologist and tell them I need a prescription for the window tint. Explain that my skin is sensative to the ultraviolet rays and I need the tent to protect me. I am fair completed and truly my skin is sensative. If you have a prescription for the tint it's my understanding you cannot get a ticket. I may also ask my eye doctor for a prescription as well.

I believe so too; we have same law in PA. I thought about it but have no proof to back up the request.

Josephm

If you want, send me your Addy, and I will send you the p90x DVDs.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

Just commit to me,you will do your best for 90 days
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Shifrty1

Great to see the newfound motivation geswek!  And from a cold war/desert storm vet to you the Iraq War vet, thank you for your time in service and sacrifice Brother.  Keep it up and you will be back to fighting strength in no time!
Sorry Officer, thought that sign was merely a suggestion for old folks...  My bad...

2013 SHO  Livernois Tune, AIRRAID CAI traded but always in my heart
2008 Shelby GT500

Larrylu

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on October 17, 2013, 07:28:13 PM
All the meat, veggies and fruit you want. You remove all bread, cheese and pasta (wheat is death) from your diet. High fat/HIgh Protein/Low carb. I live on bacon, eggs, fruits, veggies, steaks and meat meat meat :)
All of my muscle soreness, joint stiffness and other issues are gone. I'm 45 and was feeling like 70 (took about a minute to reach down and pick something off the floor) to feeling 30 again. The kids in the wrestling room commented that wow you can really move now coach. It's a HUGE difference. Not a diet, it's a life change. BTW, remove those expensive supplements, you don't need them!
Mike that sounds a lot like the Atkins diet.  Is there any place where it differs significantly? 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

joe VW

Congrats! I made a similar life change a year and a half ago. I hit 40, was lazy, ate like sh!t, and had never really worked out.
So I walked into the nearest Cross Fit gym and signed up without knowing anything about it.
I'm now in the best shape of my life.....by far! I'm definitely not the strongest guy in the gym (not even close), but I have learned so much about Olympic weight lifting mechanics, gymnasitics, and diet.

I start my next 5 week nutrition challenge on Mon. Time to eat clean!
'14 Explorer Sport Tuxedo Black
'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium Sterling Grey (wife's)
'54 VW Beetle (project)

geswek

Quote from: Josephm on October 18, 2013, 12:06:40 AM
If you want, send me your Addy, and I will send you the p90x DVDs.

Thanks bud; I'll let you know when I'm ready -- give me a month, I'd like to see if I can stick to this for 4 weeks straight.

Update

Today ends my first full week of gym 5 days and cardio every day. I was having issue with my left leg, severe shin/calf pain. I went to place called "The Running Place" and those people were amazing. They checked my feet out, had me run outside, tried on several shoes, had me go out and run in them. Essentially they found the best New Balance shoe for me and today I ran for first time with no pain. My old shoes (not really old) but they were just wrong kind of shoes for me. So, now I'm looking forward to next week! I can't wait to get into the gym again.

I haven't bought a scale yet; I'm afraid to look at it--for fear the numbers won't move. I can somewhat feel it in my waist; my 42" jeans are fitting a bit better than before.

SHOdded

Great progress, Storm.  You know, you probably won't lose weight as you do it initially, go by how you feel instead.  As you burn off the "bad" weight, you will be adding lean muscle weight, and that's all good :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

Quote from: SHOdded on October 18, 2013, 07:00:50 PM
Great progress, Storm.  You know, you probably won't lose weight as you do it initially, go by how you feel instead.  As you burn off the "bad" weight, you will be adding lean muscle weight, and that's all good :thumb:

Yes sir. When I was in the military I had a 36" waist but my upper body was HUGE. I always got called Mr. Incredible.

Shot from Iraq in 2004; see how big I was.

This is my motivation!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on October 17, 2013, 07:20:05 PM
If you want to make huge differences to your body start looking at Paleo, try the Whole 30  on whole9.com it's made a HUGE improvement in my body and the ability to start wrestling again. Try the Whole 30 diet for 30 days and watch the changes it makes, it's almost miraculous for me.

This.....

I do a high fat variation. High fat, moderate protein, low carb, no sugar.

Watch the fat melt off....

geswek

Well, another update.

Here is my routine;

I run 6 days week with Saturday being just a run day for 30 minutes. I lift 5 days a week and I target an area each day. My arms/shoulders and back are twice day because I want build and core. I do legs one day.

I had a physical yesterday after I ate, the scale was 304 which I expected because you know you gain weight in middle of day. I figure I'm well under 300 and I feel it because my suits are way loose now and I can close my top button without an extender.

The supplements are helping a TON but the rage coming off MP Assault is unreal--I am pumped up and ready to beat someone LOL. So I tend to stay home for about hour after working out to calm down.

Here is a picture; let me just say I haven't seen my biceps in a while. Yes it's not "huge" but it's an improvement and it motivates me to push even harder! I am hooked right now--I literally go crazy wanting to head home and hit the gym; I still don't know where this sudden burst of willpower came from but I will continue to ride the Storm (haha) and get myself back up to my 18" arms. People say it'll be very easy because of muscle memory, I like that as I do see it.

EcoBrick Bob

Good luck on your workouts... I had my physical and I was up 6 lbs from last yr... (now 205). 

On another topic... You need to talk to the VA about disability... My father-in-law got a 70 % disability for FLAT FEET about 6 yrs ago when he was 83.
He was diagnosed with them in WWII... He did serve in Black Cat Div... with Patton... In a tank either in front of or behind Gen. Patton!  Sold FORDs for 40 years afterwards.  On his feet day and night... Imagine how upset he was when Wendy (wife) started dating me when she was a Senior in HS and got to drive my new Vette!  I couldn't have it at college, so she would pick me up in it!!  It has taken most of the 45 years for him to like me....

And.. we bought lots of trucks and pickups (+ some Shelby Mustangs and other cars) from him later.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

geswek

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on October 23, 2013, 09:38:48 PM
Good luck on your workouts... I had my physical and I was up 6 lbs from last yr... (now 205). 

On another topic... You need to talk to the VA about disability... My father-in-law got a 70 % disability for FLAT FEET about 6 yrs ago when he was 83.
He was diagnosed with them in WWII... He did serve in Black Cat Div... with Patton... In a tank either in front of or behind Gen. Patton!  Sold FORDs for 40 years afterwards.  On his feet day and night... Imagine how upset he was when Wendy (wife) started dating me when she was a Senior in HS and got to drive my new Vette!  I couldn't have it at college, so she would pick me up in it!!  It has taken most of the 45 years for him to like me....

And.. we bought lots of trucks and pickups (+ some Shelby Mustangs and other cars) from him later.

Bob,

Thanks; I'm pushing through and loving the results! I am hoping to look good next summer but not counting on--I'm going into this slow to ensure my back doesn't flare up on me.

I'm medically retired from the Army, I have all my compensation benefits plus full medical for myself if I need it. I don't use VA for much except physicals and medication--everything else is done through private doctor since I work for a health care system.

SHOdded

Keep up the good work, Storm.  Hopefully you will be off these supplements soon, we don't need an Angry Storm :o
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!