• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Questions on buying a used tuner

Started by pejohnson, September 25, 2013, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pejohnson

I found a guy selling a Livernois tuner and he tells me it is for a 2011-2013 Ford F-150, Taurus,& Escape.  The price is $200. 

I would assume that Livernois would need to re-flash it to the specs of my 13' SHO PP.  I'm not sure  whether to buy this used one or wait and buy a new one.  Any thoughts or suggestions?
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

Boggus

As long as he un-marries it to the car (divorce) then it should be fine.  You would then plug into your car and send LMS the strat code from your vehicle.  They will make the tune and email it over to you with instructions to download it to the tuner.  Then plug back in and upload to car.  Super simple.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

You have to pay $250 to lms too get tunes and unlock it, just fyi.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Josephm

COUGH bullshit COUGH...

Excuse my language, i think its crap what they do
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoPowerParts

Yup I hate it too, I have a $250.00 paperweight sitting on my desk that I've not used and want to sell. :(
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

QwikSHO

So let me get this straight.

So say I buy your tuner off you 4DR for $250.   I then have to pay $250 just to unmarry it, and then pay for a tune?

EcoBrick Bob

No.. the original owner can un-marry it  and then you only have to pay $250. for tunes.

I have an SCT Tuner that I bought from Torrie.  I decided I wanted Livernois tunes for it, so they sold me their tune package for $250.  However, they are only 2 bar tunes.  They wouldn't give me any tune support for methanol spray, or for 3 bar, without me coming in and having them dyno my Flex.  This is not an unrealistic request, as they don't someone blowing up or otherwise damage their vehicle on their tunes, without seeing what they are tuning.

I hardly used the Livernois tunes because I started working with Torrie using W/M and a 3 bar sensor.  Torrie has one logging WOT runs and sending him the logs, which he then uses to modify one's tune.  That's how I became the first Flex in the 12's in Oct 11.  Torrie is great to work with!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

You pay $250 to unlock and get tunes not each

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

www.ecopowerparts.com -

pejohnson

So if I buy a AIW 2013 TAURUS SHO MYCALIBR8OR TUNING DEVICE for $599 from Livernois, does that come with which ever tune I want?  What if I decide to choose a different tune after a while, does that cost extra or can you get multiple tunes?  Lastly I noticed Livernois does not have the MyCal device as an option for 13' and newer, I wonder why? 
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

EcoBrick Bob

You need to call or e-mail Livernois... I would never buy something used that I didn't know would work  for my vehicle... ABSOLUTELY... POSITIVELY... 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

DJE624

X2 I wouldn't even want to sell a used tuner unless I was absolutely positively!

EcoBrick Bob

I am not that nice... Hell I would sell you the Brooklyn Bridge... but that's just me!!!!

crash712us

Quote from: pejohnson on October 02, 2013, 08:38:46 PM
So if I buy a AIW 2013 TAURUS SHO MYCALIBR8OR TUNING DEVICE for $599 from Livernois, does that come with which ever tune I want?  What if I decide to choose a different tune after a while, does that cost extra or can you get multiple tunes?  Lastly I noticed Livernois does not have the MyCal device as an option for 13' and newer, I wonder why? 
Ford changed things up on ECM in 2013 that why. But with LMS it has been my experience, once you buy a tune from them. They do not charge for additional files, such updates or files for different fuel requirements.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

pejohnson

Thanks for answering my questions.  I'm calling Livernois and confirm this will work on my car.

Quote from: crash712us on October 02, 2013, 09:49:45 PM
Quote from: pejohnson on October 02, 2013, 08:38:46 PM
Ford changed things up on ECM in 2013 that why. But with LMS it has been my experience, once you buy a tune from them. They do not charge for additional files, such updates or files for different fuel requirements.

mjhpadi

Normally Livernois will provide you with all Stages of their tunes that will work in your car, I know I had Stages 2-4 when I purchased the tuner and then they sent me Stage 4+ when it was ready and available at no cost.  I don't think you will be disappointed with Livernois, they work closely with Ford and I think most people here that have purchased from them are happy with the customer service and support they provide.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350