• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Questions on buying a used tuner

Started by pejohnson, September 25, 2013, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shifrty1

I gave Livernois a call today.  I spoke with one of the tuners, Anthony.  Very nice and informative guy.  The way he explained it to me was that basically the 2013+ SHO and others that share the powerplant, is first off take the stage tuning and throw those words out the window.  Though he said the '13+ was far more capable of an ECU platform for tuning, from what I could gather they had just scratched the surface.  So the tune would be the equivalent of a 4+ 91 octane.

I also learned that they eliminate the fly by wire/kickdown lag that is inherent in Fords programming.  I'm sold and I'm seriously considering one as my first upgrade.  My only hesitancy is the fact that I don't have a laptop, so I'm curious if it will work with a galaxy tab with a usb to mini usb adapter.  Anthony hadn't tried it so he didn't know.  Otherwise I will pay the 130 to get the strategic code from ford and send it in with my order.

Thoughts anyone?
Sorry Officer, thought that sign was merely a suggestion for old folks...  My bad...

2013 SHO  Livernois Tune, AIRRAID CAI traded but always in my heart
2008 Shelby GT500

DJE624

When you get the MyCal, you can just plug it into your car and get the strategy code.  They will then email you a link to download the tunes.  Find anyone you know with a laptop, get your email and load it to MyCal.