• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hot Pipe group buy

Started by EcoPowerParts, September 11, 2013, 12:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Just FYI that little pipe with the weird bend that is 2" to 1.5" goes to the front turbo to IC, not to the end of the pipe that attaches to the IC itself. :D
The pipe with the BoV mounts on it goes to the back turbo and has a 2" to 1.5" reduce and then 2" to the front pipe.

If you could take some install pictures or even write a How To I'd love it, I don't have an EB vehicle to put one on to do a write up and I know you LOVE doing those. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 09, 2013, 02:48:41 PM

As always...... stay tuned!  :drive:

Can't wait to see them in AND for your trip to LMS!

ONLYA6

Mine just arrived last week. Ended up going with a Turbosmart VeePort BOV and ditching the factory valves.

NOT looking forward to all the install time. Turbos, ic pipes, methanol, and downpipes. I have 2 weeks off around Christmas and New Years and most of that time will be in the garage. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

DJE624

It should be fun!  Think of all you will accomplish!

EcoBrick Bob

I temporarily installed mine with duct tape... GO RED GREEN!!!!!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on December 09, 2013, 03:10:04 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on December 09, 2013, 02:48:41 PM

As always...... stay tuned!  :drive:

Can't wait to see them in AND for your trip to LMS!

We definitely will!  Congrats on the early Christmas.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

Powder Coating completed.....

Since I work the next 2 nights, I'm gonna try to squeeze in some install time perhaps this Friday, early afternoon.

Depends on my mechanic friend's availability as well.

If not Friday, we discussed Monday for sure. :ok:

DJE624

That's pretty!  I'll bet it will look sweet with the white intake and the carbon engine cover.

BiGMaC

Very nice PC on the pipes! :thumb: should look awesome on your SHO.

Looking forward to getting some installation pics... Plz   :popcorn: I bought 4DR's and plan install in the next couple of weeks......

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

Thanks guys!

I  am looking to continue transitioning the black/white into & throughout the engine bay.

I believe this latest mod will further enhance that goal.

Besides the aesthetic improvements alone, I am also looking forward to achieving the reassurance that I won't be having to chase down any boost leaks once I update my tune for the ATP turbos.

As far as a "How-To" tutorial goes, no promises, but I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

crash712us

Oooh, pretty... Should look good under the hood.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

TaurusBuilder

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 11, 2013, 05:31:00 PM
Powder Coating completed.....

Since I work the next 2 nights, I'm gonna try to squeeze in some install time perhaps this Friday, early afternoon.

Depends on my mechanic friend's availability as well.

If not Friday, we discussed Monday for sure. :ok:

Hurry up with the write up. I'm a little confused on some of this but would like to install ASAP. I'm going to do a little bit this afternoon. Starting with the throttle body to ic pipe

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

EcoBrick Bob

The Hot Pipe install should be pretty straightforward.  You are starting at a good place (pipe from intercooler to TB).  After you remove each piece, you re-install with hot pipe piece using the silicone connectors that are the right size, and appropriate new clamps.

I would have done an install pix, but I can't install until I get my silicone connectors & clamps.  They accidentally didn't send the connectors with the hot pipes..  Long story but they are now at my son's house in IA where I will be late next week.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

TaurusBuilder

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 14, 2013, 08:39:27 AM
The Hot Pipe install should be pretty straightforward.  You are starting at a good place (pipe from intercooler to TB).  After you remove each piece, you re-install with hot pipe piece using the silicone connectors that are the right size, and appropriate new clamps.

I would have done an install pix, but I can't install until I get my silicone connectors & clamps.  They accidentally didn't send the connectors with the hot pipes..  Long story but they are now at my son's house in IA where I will be late next week.

I'm not really confused on pipe placement as I am on closing the BOV's to and hooking up all the vacuum lines for the Tial BOV. It also looks a little tight in the back near the rear turbo. Would rather have exact instructions rather than a trial and error.  I'll wait if you plan on doing a write up.  Not in a huge hurry. But want it on the car before the old lady sees the evidence that I've been spending money. 

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

SHOdded

Midwest supposed to keep getting hammered, EBB.  Safe drive back to IA, for the hot pipe installation :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!