• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hot Pipe group buy

Started by EcoPowerParts, September 11, 2013, 12:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: TaurusBuilder on December 14, 2013, 08:54:40 AM
Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 14, 2013, 08:39:27 AM
The Hot Pipe install should be pretty straightforward.  You are starting at a good place (pipe from intercooler to TB).  After you remove each piece, you re-install with hot pipe piece using the silicone connectors that are the right size, and appropriate new clamps.

I would have done an install pix, but I can't install until I get my silicone connectors & clamps.  They accidentally didn't send the connectors with the hot pipes..  Long story but they are now at my son's house in IA where I will be late next week.

I'm not really confused on pipe placement as I am on closing the BOV's to and hooking up all the vacuum lines for the Tial BOV. It also looks a little tight in the back near the rear turbo. Would rather have exact instructions rather than a trial and error.  I'll wait if you plan on doing a write up.  Not in a huge hurry. But want it on the car before the old lady sees the evidence that I've been spending money. 

I don't have the Tial BOV, which means my info wouldn't help you much.  Forgot about you getting 4 DR's.  He will have to walk you through it.  Did he send you the resistor to handle the stock BOV's?  The Nitrous hole across from the sensor in the pipe from IC to TB will need to be plugged, if 4DR didn't send a plug with the system.  Mine came with that hole also, but BPD's didn't.  What I found that fit is a 5/16" 24 bolt 3/4" long that I got at Auto Zone.  Came in a package of 3.  Because the threaded part needs only to be about 3/8" long ( length not available - bought shortest I could find), I cut it off before permanently installing.  Also used some sealant (oil resistant type) during final tightening.  I would have rather used a brass plug, but couldn't find any that small and with the correct thread pattern.  Before I actually install that pipe, I am going to drill a 1/8" 27 NPT hole  which is the size of my Methanol Spray nozzle(s). That  11/32" hole will be drilled in the bottom of the pipe as far forward as possible, just behind the silicone connector to the TB. I have the proper NPT tap for the threads  (from Amazon).
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: SHOdded on December 14, 2013, 10:01:22 AM
Midwest supposed to keep getting hammered, EBB.  Safe drive back to IA, for the hot pipe installation :)

Leaving Tuesday.  First night just north of you.  2nd night near Rockford, IL ( business meeting Thurs AM) - and hopefully IA late Thurs Afternoon.  Snow I can handle... HATE ICE!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

TaurusBuilder

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 14, 2013, 10:03:33 AM
The Hot Pipe install should be pretty straightforward.  You are starting at a good place (pipe from intercooler to TB).  After you remove each piece, you re-install with hot pipe piece using the silicone connectors that are the right size, and appropriate new clamps.

I would have done an install pix, but I can't install until I get my silicone connectors & clamps.  They accidentally didn't send the connectors with the hot pipes..  Long story but they are now at my son's house in IA where I will be late next week.

I'm not really confused on pipe placement as I am on closing the BOV's to and hooking up all the vacuum lines for the Tial BOV. It also looks a little tight in the back near the rear turbo. Would rather have exact instructions rather than a trial and error.  I'll wait if you plan on doing a write up.  Not in a huge hurry. But want it on the car before the old lady sees the evidence that I've been spending money. 

I don't have the Tial BOV, which means my info wouldn't help you much.  Forgot about you getting 4 DR's.  He will have to walk you through it.  Did he send you the resistor to handle the stock BOV's?  The Nitrous hole across from the sensor in the pipe from IC to TB will need to be plugged, if 4DR didn't send a plug with the system.  Mine came with that hole also, but BPD's didn't.  What I found that fit is a 5/16" 24 bolt 3/4" long that I got at Auto Zone.  Came in a package of 3.  Because the threaded part needs only to be about 3/8" long ( length not available - bought shortest I could find), I cut it off before permanently installing.  Also used some sealant (oil resistant type) during final tightening.  I would have rather used a brass plug, but couldn't find any that small and with the correct thread pattern.  Before I actually install that pipe, I am going to drill a 1/8" 27 NPT hole  which is the size of my Methanol Spray nozzle(s). That  11/32" hole will be drilled in the bottom of the pipe as far forward as possible, just behind the silicone connector to the TB. I have the proper NPT tap for the threads  (from Amazon).

Mine came like bdp's. Without the hole. I guess I'll just have to figure it out. But it didn't come with resistors or anything. Just pipes and clamps and such. The way 4dr explained it, I should pretty much follow the steps for the VTA only change 1 parts of it. He sent it to me. But I like dummy proof so I can see it. And unfortunately the shops around here are geared toward imports so they look a little confused when I tell them what I got. Will see. Today's mod is the LMS down pipes. Car is on the rack now

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: TaurusBuilder on December 14, 2013, 10:21:29 AM
Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 14, 2013, 10:03:33 AM

Mine came like bdp's. Without the hole. I guess I'll just have to figure it out. But it didn't come with resistors or anything. Just pipes and clamps and such. The way 4dr explained it, I should pretty much follow the steps for the VTA only change 1 parts of it. He sent it to me. But I like dummy proof so I can see it. And unfortunately the shops around here are geared toward imports so they look a little confused when I tell them what I got. Will see. Today's mod is the LMS down pipes. Car is on the rack now

Wish mine didn't have the hole... It is what it is.

bpd1151

Greg.....

I did NOT get the aftermarket BOV w/ these pipes.

As you can plainly see in my picture, I have the flanges to use the stock, electric BOV's.

Hopefully my mechanic friend finishes up plowing all the snow that recently fell.....

If so, we will be in aiming for install Monday morning.

However, I do work Monday and Tuesday night, therefore the soonest any right up maybe coming from me, would be Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

At the soonest.

But like EBB previously stated, the install looks fairly straightforward and merely involves removing the stock pieces and reinstalling the new pipes in the same spots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

EcoPowerParts

OK, let me clear some things up:
1. The first four set of pipes had the nitrous hole/mount put into them, I didn't ask for it he just copied my pipes.
2. For the Tial BoV just connect into a post throttle body boost source, easiest way is to cut the brake booster line and T it to a 5/16" line to the Tial. Leave the factory BoV connected to the harness and just zip tie, they fit easily under the factory cover, you can't see them due to the gigantic piece of plastic... :) As Bob found you just take the pipe with the nitrous hole down to the local hardware store and get a screw. I had the pipes built and drop shipped from PPE, they didn't have access to put a screw in the pack unfortunately.
3. The assembly is pretty straight forward:
The 3" to 2.5" pipe goes from the TB (3") to Intercooler (2.5") - short fat bent one with TIP sensor mount
The 1.5" to 2" short slightly bent pipe goes to the front turbo and will have the 1.5" straight on one side and 2" straight on the other side to go to the intercooler.
The pipe with the mounting tab goes to the back turbo and requires a 1.5" to 2" reducer to go to the turbo.
The left over pipe connects to the back turbo pipe and then to the intercooler, it uses the 2" hump hose and 2" straight, hump hose to the other pipe and 2" straight to the Intercooler.

For the factory BoV pipes just mount them with factory screws and then connect to harness, they vent to atmosphere
For the Tial, just hook to the boost source I stated above. The key is the Tial must be connected to a vacuum/boost source AFTER the throttle body.

If the pipes hit the factory air box you can clearance the box to fit, the opening is on the "outside" of the filter so if you suck in air there it's not a problem due to being filtered after.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

TaurusBuilder

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to try it 2morw. Super excited.

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

bigmoneycloser

No one has these for the Xsport, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

I don't believe there is a US manufacturer... possibly UK or China, but I think the shipping would be prohibitive.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on December 14, 2013, 03:06:56 PM

I need to find somebody who owns explorer sport in Arizona so that I can test but these

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

bigmoneycloser

Stuck in jersey...

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

dcpatters

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 14, 2013, 03:25:41 PM
Quote from: bigmoneycloser on December 14, 2013, 03:06:56 PM

I need to find somebody who owns explorer sport in Arizona so that I can test but these

Where is AZ?
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

EcoPowerParts

Phoenix

www.ecopowerparts.com -

panther427

Three question. What about ceramic coating like jet hot, what the hell is that thing hanging off the side of the factory intake before the throttle body.  And why are you calling these hot pipes..they support the cold side of the turbo. Intercooler  or intake piping makes much more sense. I was very confused about what you were selling from the topic header. After seeing the pictures it was quickly cleared up.. thank,
2013 SHO

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: panther427 on December 14, 2013, 09:15:53 PM
Three question. What about ceramic coating like jet hot, what the hell is that thing hanging off the side of the factory intake before the throttle body.  And why are you calling these hot pipes..they support the cold side of the turbo. Intercooler  or intake piping makes much more sense. I was very confused about what you were selling from the topic header. After seeing the pictures it was quickly cleared up.. thank,
It's just what the "new" name is for the pressurized piping. The cold pipes are actually the pre-turbo pipes, hot pipes are post turbo unless you're thinking exhaust, that's called a manifold and a downpipe.
:)
The thing hanging off the pipe pre throttle body is a Tial blow off valve to replace the factory ones.
www.ecopowerparts.com -