• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

The end of the forum unless there are suggestions.

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 11, 2020, 02:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Guys, Manu (Shodded) has informed me that he doesn't have the time or energy to continue being an admin on the forum. For myself I work crazy hours for my day job as well as keeping up with EPP. The forum itself is OLD and needs updating but I haven't been able to find someone that is an expert in this forum software nor do I really want to sink a bunch of cash into this forum so we're left at me letting this forum no longer accept new members and then when the domain expires it will just cease to exist.

If you have any suggestions or options let me know, I'd consider selling it as well provided it's someone I think would keep the integrity of the site.

Let me know your thoughts.
Mike
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SM105K

This has been a trend in all of the various subject forums across the past couple of years.  FB groups have literally have killed them.  I prefer forums like this, because I really dislike FB.  This forum is a plethora of information, and usually a lot "cleaner" in house keeping.   

I have seen a large drop in traffic here over the past 7 to 8 months. There have been days where no one posts at all.  In other forums things are humming along.  I have noticed those forums encourage more free thinking and the moderators a bit more loose with bias (perceived or not).

Most of the time I post from a computer. Using my cell phone is interesting to say the least.  Most of my posts just flat out don't post.  Also trying to post pictures is a PITA sometimes, and most of the time the pics post sideways.  I wish there was a embed option within the post itself.  Using a third party host isn't something I am interested in. 

I have really been put off lately with the handling of LMS over their numerous continuous issues with our platform. It seems some people would rather bat a blind eye at the issues, instead of holding LMS for accountability.  This goes back to my bias comment. I know some other prominent owners (NOT JUST BPD) have voiced their issues too.

I really hope there is a way to save this site.     
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

TopherSho

boooo.   but i get it.  I am off of facebook due to the 'Vids and upcoming election bullshit. I will miss it if it dies off.  :(
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Gjkrisa

Yes this format is far superior then fb groups I'd hate to see it die

What all is entailed in keeping it what's the cost?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

shaundizzle15

i'm definitely not on here nearly as often as I'd like, purely from being at a standstill for funds for mods. That being said this has been one of the most informative, non abusive forums I've ever been on, I would hate to see it go and if we can get another buyer/fundraiser to update the site accordingly I would be all for it.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

StealBlueSho

Mike,

I sent you an email. I am willing to take over this site. Please respond.

-Mike

Twintrbskies

I have been gone from here for a while but this IS the best spot to learn, find information and general comradery among fellow SHO owners. Not the dumb FB craziness and trolling that gets tiresome.

Two people I can think of would be great for an admin, and SBS you would be one.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Twintrbskies on May 11, 2020, 10:17:47 PM
I have been gone from here for a while but this IS the best spot to learn, find information and general comradery among fellow SHO owners. Not the dumb FB craziness and trolling that gets tiresome.

Two people I can think of would be great for an admin, and SBS you would be one.
I appreciate that. If Mike is willing to let the site go, I will be happy to take up the hosting costs and rejuvenate the site.

Just waiting on him to respond.

FiveLeeter918

Mike, sorry to hear of Shodded getting burnt out. Is the issue monetary or just needing a solid team willing to manage for you?

I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone wanting to just see it go, the wealth of knowledge without the fb drama is what keeps me coming back, though I'll admit Covid has kept me busy from just carousing the forums in my free time.

If monetary, I think as vendors most of us would be willing to kick in toward the fees and costs of an upgrade.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

ridered74

Would be a shame to lose all the how to threads and all the other information on this site.

What originally kept me away from this site the first several years of ownership was just the vast number of subforums. Once I joined and found the "show unread" button it was a lot more user friendly.

I like that hear there is a LOT less misinformation here than on facebook. I usually try to use google to find info any time I need info if I run into issues with my car, and the vast majority of the time the results end up being a link to a thread on this forum.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Macgyver

Too many decent people here and way too much information to lose.

Keep it active some how.

MKS Tom

I really do hope there is a solution to keeping the forums running.  There are enough people that would be motivated to making that happen IMO.  If it is gone then all of the information posted over years will be lost.  I have been in other car groups where this happened and it really hurt the community a lot. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

StealBlueSho

I'm waiting to hear from Mike. Hopefully him and I can come to an agreement. I do IT crap for a living so this would be an easy thing for me to take over.

Again, just waiting on Mike to respond.

StealBlueSho

Just an update... I am in contact with Mike. We are going to discuss later.

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.