• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blends, Meth,nitrous

Started by DerricksSho, November 30, 2016, 03:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerricksSho

Ive done quite a bit of looking and research im new to this car and direct injection. I know from previous cars nitrous and turbos went well together. I see you would have to do a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous. Another benefit to using this would be cleaning the values like the meth kits do correct me if im wrong.
Now to the Meth quite a few kits out there and seem like more and more are making them. I wont put one on my car unless im certain its a great piece. Will meth and nitrous work together? How to get the most out of your meth kit?

People who are running the blend and this is more than likely where im going to go and would like the help to get there. How close do you have to be on your blends how much will the car take care of its self? Are people using boost-a-pumps on any of these set ups? Upgraded injectors needed or pumps?

Sorry for hitting topics that have been talked about but I wanted to hear some first hand experiences and not what could happen or my friend of a friend has. There are a lot of companies who rely on you not knowing your vehicle and take advantage of that. Knowledge is power and finding a great working combo can out run just throwing money at it.

Thanks guys
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

J-Will

I wouldn't say n2o and turbos work well together. Those are two components that increase the need for fuel. Also n2o does not require a separate or dedicated fuel system.

At least that's what my friend told me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

ZSHO

I don't have any first hand experience with either mods you mentioned above or any friends in particular that do have but based on your signature LME will only tune and exclusively work only with Alky methanol kits from my understanding and for starter's due setup an intro for yourself simply by following the link below and welcome,thanks. http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html                   BTW here's a great power per mod discussion here. Z       http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,808   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: J-Will on November 30, 2016, 07:48:50 PM
I wouldn't say n2o and turbos work well together. Those are two components that increase the need for fuel. Also n2o does not require a separate or dedicated fuel system.

At least that's what my friend told me.

hahaha well put J-will.
there's plenty of members running meth to give you feedback on that and that alone.
very few that i'm aware of that have run nitrous on the SHO and very doubtful you'll find anyone that has run them both in combination.
IMO do one or the other. if you choose to use both your getting into a lot of tuning complexities that i doubt any vendor or tuner will be willing to tackle.

then again i've never used either so feel free to completely discard what me and  my friends have to say on the matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Gjkrisa

World's fastest gtx runs meth full time with shots of nos.
In a wet nos system you add the right amount of gas to go with the shot of nos to stay at 14.7 you try to run a little rich say to stay 13 or as much as 5  from any one cylinder detonating but ecopower has a nice 6 injector direct port intake manifold so you can run closer to detonating without upgrading fuel pumps/injectors.

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

I don't know how much the car can handle but to Find out you will need to tune the car on meth then add nos.
Someone on this forum was able to talk to a engineer for the Taurus and they said first weak point is the transmission but couldn't say how much but hinted to 600 I think meth alone can do that...
But I doubt the rest of the drive line is not much further down looking at gtrs upgrade route and others at 1000hp all drive line and fuel system is upgraded but it engine internals unchanged till after that. 

Gjkrisa

DerricksSho

Thanks guys, Im looking for a small shot 50 75 at most. From what ive read E30 and nitrous should do really well with each other and I wouldnt be taking fuel away from the car but adding it. A reliable fun car ive got 3 other ford toys to play with also. With the look of things high 11's maybe mid. And im reaching out to those that know what these cars can and cant do. Thanks and keep the information coming please 
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

Gjkrisa

Excited to see the results!

J-Will

The Mike that runs this board and does eb performance would say that up to 75 is fine.

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

DerricksSho

I guess I really ment one or the other just came out different in my words was kinda thinking. nitrous would be wet and have its own fuel supply
93+meth : results
100+meth : results
93+ 50 75 shot : results
100+ 50 75 shot : results
E30 on its own looks to be impressive : results
E30+meth
E30+ 50 75 shot : this is what im leaning tord!!

once again guys and gals thanks

metroplex

I was going to start my own thread, but I guess this is probably the best place to ask as well.

Has anyone tried Klotz additives like their Nitro or Coxoc, but with an EcoBoost application? I read a test done years ago on the Fox body Mustang where they dyno'd some decent gains with the Coxoc additive (about +20 hp mid-range). The Nitro looks like it might be really great for knock resistance at the track.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport