• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Scruffy emblem

Started by tdmsu, July 15, 2013, 08:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdmsu

Hi everybody!

I am wondering what could cause my front emblem to look this way?  Is this something I can replace?  Did the previous owner have a decal on top that scuffed up the blue?

Thanks for any advice!

mjhpadi

Nope, probably not from a decal...mine looks a bit like that...it was a problem with the 2010 emblems...a few people had them replaced under warranty.  Not sure why the chipped color, but seems to not be a problem with late 2010 and up.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SoCalSHO

That is how mine looks, not quite as bad though. Probably just order a new custom one or a decal to cover it.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Wow!  That thing is beat.

tdmsu

Well I checked with my dealer, and he said my SHO is out of warranty, so a new emblem would be $40.  I'm considering it because I want my car to look as good as it can.  I have noticed some wear on other emblems, like the ecoboost one... Is early wear common to all 2010 emblems?

It also occurred to me that I might be able to get a decal to cover the ford emblem, but have the letters be blue and the background silver or chrome... What do you think?

DJE624

You could get a SHO one like I'm getting (hopefully tomorrow) or check out FREDBEAN PARTS in our vendor section.