• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Car update.

Started by RagingPenguin, August 27, 2015, 09:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingPenguin

It needs a motor.
As the story goes for those that may experiance a similar problem
Knocking sound at high rpm or as the car shifted. Could replicate the noise on steep hills. No CEL in regards to a misfire.
Early this year. A pulsating feeling in traffic. Much like a torque converter rapidly locking and unlocking. Enough to jerk your head around.
Recently
Significant power loss. A crap load of silver in my last oil change. Blew the valve cover gasket out.

So after seven weeks sitting at ford last year and a few crap ideas from a "engineer" the car as stated needs a motor.
I maybe lucky enough to get after warranty assistance but in my opinion I shouldn't have to pay a dime as they had this thing SEVEN weeks and couldn't figure it out while it had full warranty.
The kicker at this point which has left me exasperated and honestly to the point of being done with ford in general is they want to stick a short block in it. Which would be fine but with the amount of metal that was floating around I doubt the condition of the valve train or turbos to be all that great. Am I wrong thinking this?
A few people say unload it ASAP.  Due to the possible filings everywhere.
Still waiting for if I'll get after warranty assistance or not and still waiting on them to inform me of the actual cause. I'm guessing a hole in the piston as it didn't smoke abnormally.

SHOdded

Long Block.  Full Coverage by Ford.  That would be the right thing.

Sorry though that this happened at all!  Thought for sure the issue was resolved earlier.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on August 27, 2015, 09:28:35 PM
Long Block.  Full Coverage by Ford.  That would be the right thing.

Sorry though that this happened at all!  Thought for sure the issue was resolved earlier.
X2 ^^^ ... But, IMHO,  if it's gotta be a short block the warranty should include all engine components including turbos... Then they still get off easy. Not to mention your trouble and time, but all that shaking can't have been good for tranny, PTU, exhaust connections, RDU.. Anything in the dive train basically.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

RagingPenguin

Its been a long terrible road on this. Love and I mean LOVE the SHO. If this had of happened 4 years down the road I'd be ok. Not with 60000 miles though!
They're pushing a short block. Still not heard back from AWA so maybe they will clue in and step up to rectify this.
Pulsating only happened when idling forward in traffic. Wasn't under throttle load. Probably didn't help though.
They've had it two weeks already. So up to 9 weeks no car in less than a year.

CroR1

I'm not familiar with your issue the first time it happened, and I'm curious if you had any after market mods? Are you the original owner?

But really, I do agree with the rest, long block with original Ford warranty, 3 yrs. And if not replacing the the turbos, additional 3 yrs warranty as well regardless of the issue.

RagingPenguin

Used car bought with roughly 50000 miles. Car came with cold air and magnaflow cat back. Can't speak if it was tuned by previous owner. I had the pcm reset within a month of ownership. I suspect it was destroyed before I bought it.
I should of stuck to my guns and not bought the line about the fuel line rattle.
Maybe put 12000 miles on it.

CroR1

That really sucks. But there is a really good chance that since the original owner purchased an exhaust That it also purchased an aftermarket tune. It would be nice if you could find out with the vin# through tuners, who did the tune on it. I would be just curious, this would not mean that the tune messed up the engine, of course. But it is what it is, I would not give up the warranty and I would push Ford for a long block.

Livernois Motorsports

Sorry to hear about the ride RagingPenguin.  Hopefully they will rectify the situation for you soon and you will be back on the road loving the SHO all over again.  Let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future, would be glad to help out.

RagingPenguin

And now the fun begins....
Oil change receipts... Which I have
Spark plugs.. Which I changed and have a receipt for.
Heck even have the work order from a local dealer where I took it within a month of being owned.
Don't like this. I feel like I might get screwed

Turns out failed ring land on cylinder 6. They say no damage to cylinder walls.
Also getting new turbos.
Going to lean a little harder for a long block

RagingPenguin

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on August 28, 2015, 11:03:43 AM
Sorry to hear about the ride RagingPenguin.  Hopefully they will rectify the situation for you soon and you will be back on the road loving the SHO all over again.  Let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future, would be glad to help out.
Will be in touch for a tune eventually. Possible that the cold air and exhaust are causing issues

SHOdded

Well, if what they are saying is true, that's good right?  Make sure they decarbon everything while they are in there, since I am sure that had contribution to the problem.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: RagingPenguin on August 28, 2015, 04:14:07 PM
Heck even have the work order from a local dealer where I took it within a month of being owned.

None of that is indicative of them screwing you.

Mrs FoMoCoSHO says this is SOP for a blown motor.

This is Ford trusting but verifying....can you blame them?

RagingPenguin

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 28, 2015, 09:49:53 PM
Quote from: RagingPenguin on August 28, 2015, 04:14:07 PM

None of that is indicative of them screwing you.

Mrs FoMoCoSHO says this is SOP for a blown motor.

This is Ford trusting but verifying....can you blame them?

We will see how it goes. But so far, yes, yes I can. Its not like this was a recent problem.

RagingPenguin

Quote from: SHOdded on August 28, 2015, 04:45:33 PM
Well, if what they are saying is true, that's good right?  Make sure they decarbon everything while they are in there, since I am sure that had contribution to the problem.
Its good if its true, I was looking at other vehicles and unless I step into the European market there is not a lot out there that's similar. I'm not a mopar guy either.

RagingPenguin

Ford is green lighting the motor.
No new cylinder heads but I'll take what I can get. The dealership is paying the other portion for us. I'm totally blown away.
Safe to say there is a good chance that my next work truck is coming from there.
Only down side is I've been missing my car for nearly 13 weeks!

Going to ask them to clean the valves and I'm putting an order into livernois asap.