• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJP TURBO is offcially here

Started by AJP turbo, February 20, 2015, 05:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Figured maybe I should do this...Picked up my 14' PP last may. Enjoying so far just wish it handled a little better but I'm still impressed considering it's 4300lbs or whatever. I traded in a G35X for this that I loved just couldn't resist the twin turbo capabilities with tuning and I was done with the infiniti so I needed a new project.

Pretty well versed with turbos so maybe I can add something to this forum. I'm controversial at times but mean well and love facts and truth and love debunking myths.

I also have a 08' civic si with a turbo kit to the tune of 520whp on race gas and 400whp daily driven also have a 14' mustang GT with a hellion twin turbo. So all I own are turbo cars. I'm a boost addict of the worst kind.

Here a couple bad pics. But I opted for only 2 gauges in the SHO I got them from that crash guy and it's a nice piece. Boost and Wideband. And  I got some police interceptor wheels for my winter tires and that is the way to go, it truly is a tank in the snow....Enjoy
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Yes Z I put the gauges in myself...Electric prosports...This is the first time I tried an ananlog wideband...I like how the white matched the speedo and they were fairly cheap

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ElvenSho

Badass SHO and other rides! I bet that Civic is a blast being so light! How hard are the gauges to install?
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

AJP turbo

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 20, 2015, 05:56:36 PM
Badass SHO and other rides! I bet that Civic is a blast being so light! How hard are the gauges to install?

Yeah the are all fun, the civic has a mind of it's own the fwd doesn't know how to handle the power, understeer like you wouldn't believe.

The pod was easy, finding switched power was hard, I grabbed a wire from the OBD port. I kept thinking a found a good wire but a lot of them are tied into the timers and sensors so you have 12V one minute then check it later and no power. And I wanted to use the factory harness pass through but it's high on the firewall and buried. I've never had that problem...So I drilled a hole by the steering column and used a grommet. Had an extra hole and bung put in my downpipes for my wideband

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ElvenSho

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 20, 2015, 06:06:41 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 20, 2015, 05:56:36 PM

Yeah the are all fun, the civic has a mind of it's own the fwd doesn't know how to handle the power, understeer like you wouldn't believe.

The pod was easy, finding switched power was hard, I grabbed a wire from the OBD port. I kept thinking a found a good wire but a lot of them are tied into the timers and sensors so you have 12V one minute then check it later and no power. And I wanted to use the factory harness pass through but it's high on the firewall and buried. I've never had that problem...So I drilled a hole by the steering column and used a grommet. Had an extra hole and bung put in my downpipes for my wideband
Interesting, not sure I am up to the task for that yet. Electrical stuff is confusing. You should do a write up with pics :o8)
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

BlackJac

I need a set of those wheels for winter here. Potholes are a killer. The gauges look great. Sounds like you got some cool rides.
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

wasinger3000

Welcome, glad to see you are enjoying the turbo life.

I went through the rubber grommet that is just below the driver side wiper arm. Wasn't easy but it worked out.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Welcome to the forum, look forward to your experiences with tuning the SHO (and Si/Stang too)!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Would be interested to hear why the OE WB O2S was inadequate for monitoring AFR.
The gauges look attractive. Clean install. Though, I think having to take special attention at counting the increments between the whole numbers is an irritant. I'm an at-a-glance kind of guy. Ha
And I personally like Ford's theme of having the spedo as the only analag, dial gauge with everything else digital, and built around it.

Anyway, welcome. Will be nice having additional knowledge and FI experience here.
2013 SHO PP

AJP turbo

The oe wide band was not inadequate but I needed a visual and didn't want a digital wide band...it's actually nice and not hard to read at all, I just give it a glance to make sure it's right at 11.0...I run it a little rich at wot...I just watch for the needle to shoot down instead of reading the numbers of a digital gauge

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Let me officially and truly welcome you aboard the E.B.P.F AJP and any questions you may have please dont hesitate to ask.Z. :hi: :hi: :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Nice rides AJP!

Welcome (officially), glad to have another guru around the forum. We can all just get along...;)

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

crash712us

Nice pod! And welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

AJP turbo

Quote from: crash712us on February 21, 2015, 01:17:30 PM
Nice pod! And welcome aboard!

Thank you and yeah the pod is really nice crash...Dash material matches really well...I can't really critique it and that's hard for me!..And thank you all, too kind...And I'm not a pro tuner, but I've tuned on all the car I have and have had including my old Infiniti, WRX, Nissan. I had a bad experience with a Lund tune on an old mustang and he was supposedly one of the best. So anymore I like to try and do some of my own tuning and I believe at times I'm better off because I put way more time in it than a pro would, however the pros are more efficient at it. I'm in a constant state of tweaking my tunes lol it's a problem for me but I enjoy it.

I've never really cared about warranties though either because anymore the way the dealers are they seem to first want to find a way to give a reason why they won't cover a repair. But I've always either had good luck or my own maintenance has paid off, I'll go with the latter.

Funny thing, I went to the dealer yesterday to test my battery because it wouldn't start one day and they said if it was bad they were going to put the same 650 battery back in even though I told him some were getting the 850's in. Turned out it was borderline according to him. I told them not to update anything with the ECU and he said maybe the no start condition I experienced was due to the tune. I had to get out of there as there was no point in arguing. If I have anymore problems with the battery I'll just buy one it's really not worth the time to mess around at the dealer if you don't have to.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

crash712us

MC batteries are just plain crap anymore. I won't ever buy another. Plus they always leak too. I got a good discount by ordering online  a AGM battery from advanced auto parts. Had for about 2yrs no issues.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110