• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

E85 or 100 octane

Started by FracaSHO, April 14, 2014, 01:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Larrylu on August 05, 2014, 07:55:09 PM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 03, 2014, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: Larrylu on August 03, 2014, 07:46:48 AM
What kind of numbers would you expect to get if you only added a couple of gallons of E85 to a fill up on E10 / 93 octane?
I'm at 8 gallons and 43%.

So you have 1.9 to start plus 2 more which should put you around 20ish percent.
20 ish %   Gotcha!  Sounds real interesting.  What would be a good guesstimate for the octane equivalent of that mix?
I ran it through the calculator found here...

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

E-18
94.3 0ctane

IHeartGroceries

I have to say, anything that is mildly affordable likely is not accurate. The machines which are routinely calibrated and are approved to meet ATSM standard repeatability are tens of thousands of dollars.
We have a piece of equipment in our lab which performs both ETOH content and RON (calculated) analysis (among many, many others). Though, this particular device isn't recognized for its accuracy for either, it is a good ballpark. Its cost is over 30K.
What's more, it costs in the thousands for single sample analysis in third party labs, such as SWRI and Alcor.
My point is, anything mildly affordable is probably okay for amateur use, but don't expect any scientific results from it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

So I've been avoiding (phone put "the tax penalties" for next word options right there...lol) reading this thread as I'm still learning alot about our SHO. Thinking about heading to Milan today for test and tune now that the 3 bar tune is running. Do you guru's think a few gallons into a half tank would help me out a bit at the track today. Maybe I should go without mix this time and test against next time?
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 06, 2014, 08:15:44 AM
So I've been avoiding (phone put "the tax penalties" for next word options right there...lol) reading this thread as I'm still learning alot about our SHO. Thinking about heading to Milan today for test and tune now that the 3 bar tune is running. Do you guru's think a few gallons into a half tank would help me out a bit at the track today. Maybe I should go without mix this time and test against next time?
That would be a roughly 30 percent mix right off the bat. It will take some time for the car to trim that out....so no.

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 06, 2014, 01:49:51 PM
40 miles to track?
Maybe but the bigger problem I just realized is you have a 2011. Everyone says e-85 is like kryptonite on gen 4.1 and all my experiences are on 4.2 with the updated LPFP. So my advice is slow and steady, starting at 2 gallons and seeing what happens......slowly.