• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How I got started in the SHO name

Started by RisskyBusiness, February 23, 2014, 12:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RisskyBusiness

When I was in high school my first real car was a '94 Taurus SHO MTX Green with tan leather. I loved it! I had the fish tank lights done, Yamaha badges, and flowmaster mufflers.

Once a I sold it, I was instantly regretting the decision. About a year later I bought another. This one was a '94 MTX that was green, but it had the grey cloth interior. I did the Yamaha badges and fish tank bulbs again, but also bought new headlights and fog lights for it. I then put the Dynomax catback exhaust on and also SHOshop downpipes. It was a very fun car. I also had a Black MTX parts car that I got for it.

With the return of the SHO in 2010 I knew I would have one some day! Espesially with a twin turbo v6. Six months ago that dream became a reality when I bought my 2010 Tux black SHO.

My wife and I liked it so much that we traded in her 2012 Dodge Avenger for another 2010 Tux black SHO. Best decision we've ever made!

2017 Explorer Sport - Stock, for now...

BiGMaC

RB... Very cool history from a true SHO fan!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Nice!  So you got one of the rare green/tan SHOs ;)  Both of mine were green exterior, the 92 was grey interior, the 95 was tan interior.  Still missing both of them, just the sheer seat-of-the-pants acceleration feeling.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

RisskyBusiness

Thanks! I loved those cars! The green and tan was by far the better of two, but I had more done to the green and grey one. I still miss them from time to time... :)

shoman04

I didn't know that Green and Tan was rare. Here my 93, my oldest daughter drove it in collage.

If Ford had build this 2000 SHO I would have own three SHO. The 1999 car show 2000 SHO with 3.0L Super Charge V6.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

RisskyBusiness

Tuner Boost

When the Taurus SHO was first released it was amazing what the small displacement engines could do...it sure started a new revolution along with the Grandsport turbos Buicks bringing us away from the smog power lacking cars of that era.

I grew up in the 1960's and 70's.....greatest time to come of age. Muscle cars everywhere, no aids, miniskirts, no bras, amazing time!!

SHOdded

Green/Tan was a VERY popular combination, everyone now tries to avoid getting one in the used market LOL.  I think the 2000+ MYs would have done well with the SHO engine inside.  The original 3.0L SHO engine, at >1 hp/cubic inch naturally aspirated, was/is a marvel in technology.  To hear the secondaries open up, wow!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

RisskyBusiness

I agree completely. I had so much fun with that car. Once I had a little too much fun and got pulled over... :)

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk.

shoman04

Quote from: risskybusiness on February 23, 2014, 06:08:00 PM
I agree completely. I had so much fun with that car. Once I had a little too much fun and got pulled over... :)

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk.

My daughter had so many tickets, THAT IF SHE GOT ONE MORE SHE WOULD HAVE LOSE HER LICENSE!lol
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

FoMoCoSHO

I have owned an 89, 91, 92, all sticks.

The 91 was my favorite, Burgundy with the black mesh wheels and loaded.

The intake runners on the old ones were just fabulous.

RisskyBusiness