• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO 2013/14+ Megan Racing Coil-Overs ....XSport Next

Started by SwampRat, February 06, 2014, 06:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Ya'... EBB posted that there were like 15 or 20 setting to adjust ride as I remember.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

crash712us

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SwampRat

This is The Old 09-2012 Ford Flex  Coil-Over Link at the  Megan Racing Website

http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=1456&catid=31

Full Specifications about adjustability  , damping , etc . are at the link .

The Final Product for the 13/14+ Platform will Look VERY Simular and will Be a part of there Street Series of Coil Overs .

Keep in mind the lower portion of the coilover on the front will  Look different because of the Ford redesign of the OEM Strut .

Pic below

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

Wonder if they can give you different color combos to choose from.  Purely aesthetic, I know, but ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 07, 2014, 04:47:09 PM
Ya'... EBB posted that there were like 15 or 20 setting to adjust ride as I remember.
Quote from: crash712us on February 07, 2014, 06:22:43 PM
32 settings

I stand happily corrected.  32 ride options on these coilovers is awesome!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

black99lightning

Quote from: SHOdded on February 08, 2014, 06:18:28 AM
Where IS EBB?  Have not seen him post recently.

I think he got into a pissing match with someone else.  He changed his signature that he wouldn't be here anymore, IIRC.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

Lanson

Quote from: black99lightning on February 08, 2014, 11:37:25 AM

I think he got into a pissing match with someone else.  He changed his signature that he wouldn't be here anymore, IIRC.

Happened at ford-flex.net too.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoPowerParts

He got upset with me and told me he wasn't coming back on here anymore (due to his hotpipes) and then upset with everyone due to some tuning thread on SHO forum, he emailed me saying he was no longer doing automotive forums and asked me to remove his account. He has a history of rage quitting forums, I don't know why he gets so mad but it is what it is.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Yes! He does rage quit forums quite routinely.

Odd but at least he's consistent (in quitting).

I agree, it is, what it is.

:popcorn:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Lanson

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 08, 2014, 08:41:12 PM
He got upset with me and told me he wasn't coming back on here anymore (due to his hotpipes) and then upset with everyone due to some tuning thread on SHO forum, he emailed me saying he was no longer doing automotive forums and asked me to remove his account. He has a history of rage quitting forums, I don't know why he gets so mad but it is what it is.

E G O.

Anyway, enough about EB Bob, I'm growing more and more excited from the thought of putting my Flex on coilovers.  Mike make sure to order up a set for me as soon as you are able to.  I've already set aside the money for them, and can't wait.  I THOUGHT I'd have traded my Flex for an EB by now, but I guess when that time comes I can just swap the parts out.

Also I wonder if I could add an extra 1/2" to my wheel lips all around, once I'm slammed.  hmm.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Lanson on February 09, 2014, 02:09:49 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on February 08, 2014, 08:41:12 PM

E G O.

Anyway, enough about EB Bob, I'm growing more and more excited from the thought of putting my Flex on coilovers.  Mike make sure to order up a set for me as soon as you are able to.  I've already set aside the money for them, and can't wait.  I THOUGHT I'd have traded my Flex for an EB by now, but I guess when that time comes I can just swap the parts out.

Also I wonder if I could add an extra 1/2" to my wheel lips all around, once I'm slammed.  hmm.
I will try and get 10 sets made immediately as it seems people want (need) these ASAP. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

interceptor

I'm a rookie when it comes to coil overs.

If I understand correctly, I can adjust ride height separate from compression and rebound?  So if I wanted to lower my SHO, and retain the highway ride of my non PP springs, I can do that?  And if I wanted to firm things up, I can adjust as necessary and go back to a stock like ride when I want to?

I read the poll thread on coil overs and it sounds like the Megan springs are stiff as hell.  So maybe I'm way off base on how the coil overs ride?
'13 SHO, non PP, all other options.  Stock for now.

Lanson

Quote from: interceptor on February 10, 2014, 04:20:31 PM

If I understand correctly, I can adjust ride height separate from compression and rebound?  So if I wanted to lower my SHO, and retain the highway ride of my non PP springs, I can do that?  And if I wanted to firm things up, I can adjust as necessary and go back to a stock like ride when I want to?

I read the poll thread on coil overs and it sounds like the Megan springs are stiff as hell.  So maybe I'm way off base on how the coil overs ride?

The adjustments on these coilovers are not capable of separate compression and rebound adjustment, but you do have a 32-position shock adjustment, and of course adjustable ride height.  If you need stiffer springs, Swift brand springs can be substituted.  you probably won't need them though.

Wild13SHO

The shocks settings will have some effect on ride quality but its the spring that effects it the most.  You can swap springs with a lower spring rate but you'll need more suspension travel so you won't be able to go as low. Eibach makes a bunch of coil over springs and maybe legend has others to fit their shocks as well. Once you go coilovers its a matter of tuning just like other mods to get the most out of it.

Quote from: interceptor on February 10, 2014, 04:20:31 PM

Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP