• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Opening front windows via key fob.

Started by 2010SHOtime, December 15, 2013, 08:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSS

Quote from: DRII on December 18, 2013, 11:31:55 AM
I believe the MKS is available with what is essentially the Performance Package.  it comes with the MKS 'Sport' model that has the red S on the MKS moniker.

That is nothing more than an appearance package.  It is even called the "ECOBOOST APPEARANCE PACKAGE".   While I wish I had it, there are Zero performance changes.  Nil. Nada. Zero.   Unfortuneately all it includes is logo floormats, tinted headlights, a small trunk spoiler, body colored lower fascias, metallic interior trim in place of wood, a dash emblem, and the red "S".  Thats all. :(   It looks great, but it is all aesthetic.

The SHO PP package is the real deal (in terms of performance changes).  Different rear end ratio, performance tires, upgraded brakes, ability to completely shut off drivers assists (advance trac). 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

DJE624

They should include the Ecoboost Appearance Package with all MKS Ecoboosts.

TSS

I am not sure about that.   I like my wood interior.   I do wish my lower fascias were body color though.   Not crazy about the tinted headlights.  Undecided on the small rear spoiler.  I do love the appearance package on a white MKS.  Its striking. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

MeanKS

Quote from: TSS on December 18, 2013, 03:33:29 PM
Quote from: DRII on December 18, 2013, 11:31:55 AM
I believe the MKS is available with what is essentially the Performance Package.  it comes with the MKS 'Sport' model that has the red S on the MKS moniker.

That is nothing more than an appearance package.  It is even called the "ECOBOOST APPEARANCE PACKAGE".   While I wish I had it, there are Zero performance changes.  Nil. Nada. Zero.   Unfortuneately all it includes is logo floormats, tinted headlights, a small trunk spoiler, body colored lower fascias, metallic interior trim in place of wood, a dash emblem, and the red "S".  Thats all. :(   It looks great, but it is all aesthetic.

The SHO PP package is the real deal (in terms of performance changes).  Different rear end ratio, performance tires, upgraded brakes, ability to completely shut off drivers assists (advance trac).

are you sure?  the 'Sport' comes with 19in wheels, wider tires, and a 'stiffer suspension', at least it felt that way when i test drove it.  the 'premium' MKS-EB has the 20 in wheels and 245 tires.

i like the look of the 'premium' better with its 20in rims.  I've discussed with my local Lincoln dealership about getting the body colored lower fascias of the 'Sport' put on my 'premium' MKS, because the common body kit available for the 2010-2012 MKS is expensive and heavy and a little to aggressive looking to me.
MKS-EB...

TSS

There is absolutely no difference in suspension between an EB and an EB with appearance package.  I am not exactly sure what you are calling a "Sport" package, as I am unaware of one and can't find it in any brochure.   And EB with Appearance package came with 20s.    Can you give me a link where you are getting your info?   

Here is a link to a 2011 Brochure AND 2012 Brochure  - see page 13 for the detailed content of the appearance package.  It is all aesthetic - all appearance.   I have a 2010 brochure at home and it is the same in substance.

2011: 
http://www.autoevolution.com/pdf/auto/lincoln-mks-brochure-2011.pdf

2012: 
http://www.drivingforceauto.com/LiveSite/brochures/lm/2012/mks.pdf (see page 13).

For those that don't want to click, here is the info cut and pasted:

AVAILABLE LUXURY PACKAGES
EcoBoost Appearance Package2

Body-color license plate accent
Chrome grille with darkened accent bars
Darkened headlamp treatment
Decklid lip spoiler with chrome insert
Modified MKS decklid badge (S in red)
Ultimate seat trim featuring color-keyed Tuxedo stripe in the center of the
front and outboard rear seat backs, and embroidered Lincoln Star on the
front seat head restraints (available in Charcoal Black with Charcoal Black
tuxedo stripe, or Sienna with Charcoal Black tuxedo stripe)
Unique 20-in. 10-spoke polished wheels with P245/45R20 all-season tires
Unique body-color front and rear lower fascias, side rocker panels and
door cladding
Unique illuminated door sill plates (S in red)
Unique metallic appliqué with MKS on instrument panel (S in red)
Upgraded black floor mats with embroidered Lincoln Star

MeanKS

I'm getting my info from my test driving before i decided to purchase.  all the MKSs with the red S had the 19 in wheels and wider tires along with the blacked out headlights and body colored lower body cladding.  the one i drove felt firmer riding to me, perhaps its was just due to the lighter wheels and wider rubber, but usually the bigger the wheel the firmer the ride.

i'm not certain if there are suspension differences betwen the two, but it felt different from the MKS-EB with 20in wheels.

and I've yet to see a MKS-EB with 20 in wheels that has the darker headlight film and body colored lower fascias.  so i would doubt if its just an appearance difference or option.  if it were, i would have gotten it...
MKS-EB...

TSS

Every MKS with Eco appearance I searched has the 20s.  SEE two ATTACHED listings.  Trust me, all that I found had the 20s.

Are you mistaking the similar looking 19s for the Eco appearance specific 20s that come with the package?  They look very similar. See these links showing the 20s that come with the package.

If you have any proof (more than your recollection and butt dyno)  that all eco appearance packages have 19" rims and there is a suspension difference between the Ecoboost and Ecoboost appearance package that is contrary to what all Ford Literature, my attached previous and current links,  and my service department (I just called) say, then please show me.     It's okay to be wrong.  I am wrong a lot - just not this time. I did my research before I purchased.  :) 

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&cgLocale=en&embedType=NONE&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22201&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c23016&ign-makerId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m38&ign-modelId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1152&ign-carId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22201&ign-car2Id-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c23016&zip=48933&distance=MILES_100&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=68293318

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&cgLocale=en&embedType=NONE&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22201&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c23016&ign-makerId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m38&ign-modelId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1152&ign-carId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22201&ign-car2Id-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c23016&zip=48933&distance=MILES_100&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=70720774

For Comparison, here is a link to the 19s, on a base non ecoboost, non appearance package.  They look similar to the 20s that came on ALL Ecoboost appearance package models - but smaller. Wheel choices were 18 inch , 19 inch (Pictured in the link directly below), 20 inch  (pictured in my avatar) , and 20 inch Ecoboost Appearance package (pictured in the 2  links directly above)

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&cgLocale=en&embedType=NONE&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22201&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c23016&ign-makerId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m38&ign-modelId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1152&ign-carId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22201&ign-car2Id-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c23016&zip=48933&distance=MILES_100&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=67863934

For kicks and because it is a slow day, here are the base 18s.  Now I have linked all four rims that were offered.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&cgLocale=en&embedType=NONE&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22201&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c23016&ign-makerId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m38&ign-modelId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1152&ign-carId-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22201&ign-car2Id-entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c23016&zip=48933&distance=MILES_100&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=75335686

Please just  believe me, it is just an appearance package - exactly as Ford advertised it.  All Ecoboost appearance packages came with 20s and the suspension was no different than any other Ecoboost MKS. 

MeanKS

TSS, first off how about we calm down a little.  we all are Ford fans here.

if you'd noticed all of my descriptions were subjective and relative, with words like 'i think' or 'it felt' etc.

second, both of those listing you linked have the 19 in wheels.  this quote is from the first link's description:  "Light|Silver aluminum rims|Wheel Diameter: 19|Wheel Width: 8".  which corresponds with my experience that all of the MKSs with the red S on the moniker and tinted headlamps and body colored lower cladding, that IMO had a firmer ride.

now, you very well may be correct that there are no technical suspension differences. it just seems odd to me that the forementioned cosmetic and wheel diameter differences are only on the MKS 'Sport' (the ones with the red S) vs just being options that you could find on the MKS-EBs with 20 in wheels.  like i said, i want the body colored lower cladding vs the dark greyish matte black cladding on my MKS...
MKS-EB...

TSS

Those two links are not 19s on the appearance package models.  They are 20s.  The description is just the generic stuff - it is not accurate -  it happens all the time. You need to actually look at the picture of the rim - enlarge it - the size is 20 inch - indicated right on the sidewall.  I picked that link because the side wall is legible clearly in the photo.

And, honestly I am not upset.  I hope you are not either.  Looking back on my post, I understand the bigger font could be interpreted as yelling - that was not my intent.  I used larger font because I did not want my words to get buried/missed in the multiple links. 

I am just trying to prevent somebody from looking at this thread in the future and buying an appearance package MKS because they think they are getting some performance or suspension enhancement - which they are not.     

MeanKS

i'm not able to clearly magnify the pic, but to me, those look like 19in wheels and certainly seem smaller than my rims.

i will admit that the MKS, IMO, makes any size wheel look a size smaller to my eyes.  thats one of the main reasons i'm thinking about getting 22's.  i just don't want to add too much extra unsprung weight that will negativiely affect handling/transmission/gas-mileage...
MKS-EB...

TSS

We agree on all rims looking smaller than they really are on the MKS.  I sometimes look at my 20s and find it hard to believe they are that big.  I will try to post the actual photo of the rim if I can versus the link.

TSS

Can't post the pic directly from where I am right now - but click on this link - sidewall of the tire should be legible.  Look at the tire at 12:00/1:00 area where the tire size is printed - this is a 20 inch rim - I know it looks like the 19 inch rim, but it is a 20 inch rim with a 245/45/20 tire. :)

http://static.cargurus.com/images/forsale/2013/10/17/04/12/2012_lincoln_mks-pic-1855760753696645990-1024x768.jpeg

OR BETTER YET LOOK AT THIS LINK, PAGE 16 - where all the available rims are pictured.   And the 20" Ecoboost appearacne package rim is shown.
http://www.autoevolution.com/pdf/auto/lincoln-mks-brochure-2011.pdf

DJE624

You guys are right about the sizing for the MKS/SHO.  My 20's don't look so big until I look at old pictures of my limited with 19's.  I don't care for 22's.  I think 20 is the perfect diameter for these cars. 

MeanKS

ahh, i see.

i guess the extra 'spoke' makes the 11 spokes look bigger to me.

the ride did feel firmer in the red S model to me, but that judgement can vary one day to the next.

do me a favor TSS and show a static pic of the white MKS (red S) model's wheel like you did for the cinnamon one...
MKS-EB...

MeanKS

Quote from: DJE624 on December 19, 2013, 03:52:39 PM
You guys are right about the sizing for the MKS/SHO.  My 20's don't look so big until I look at old pictures of my limited with 19's.  I don't care for 22's.  I think 20 is the perfect diameter for these cars.

yea, i probably should stick with 20's.  20s on the SHO actually look like 20's to me but not with the MKS; especially the 10 spoke 20in MKS wheel!
MKS-EB...