• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Headlights and Tails

Started by DJE624, November 14, 2013, 05:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Finally got the new headlights in today.  Very happy with them.  I also swapped my tail lights last week with the red surround models.  I love them. 

FracaSHO

Where did you get the tail lights from?  I want to do the same, but don't want to spend all that money going through ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SHOdded

Please add in shots with lights on/off, Dave!  Those new lights definitely enhance the look of your SHO even further.   :dance2:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Quote from: FracaSHO on November 14, 2013, 06:18:53 PM
Where did you get the tail lights from?  I want to do the same, but don't want to spend all that money going through ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Got the tails at Tasca Ford online/by phone.  They discount pretty good. Like 30%.

AG1Z 13404 E
"        13405 E
"        13405 J
"        13404 J

$304.20 plus ship.

These numbers are right off my invoice.  Make sure you double check numbers for red surround! I've discovered that Ford likes to hand out the same numbers for different parts.

DJE624

Quote from: SHOdded on November 14, 2013, 06:24:33 PM
Please add in shots with lights on/off, Dave!  Those new lights definitely enhance the look of your SHO even further.   :dance2:

Thanks Man.  The day shots actually have the parking lights on.  My avatar has them off. Here are a couple night shots w/o flash.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Needmoreboost

Dave, do you have a before and after? I'm not familiar with the 10-12 stock setup compared to what you did.  Thanks
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

DJE624

Before with chrome surround.

After with red surround.

Edited with better pictures.

TSS

Very nice!.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

BiGMaC

Looks good!... much cleaner than with the surround.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

I think that for the white anyway, it looks better with the reduction of chrome in the back.  I took the Taurus lettering off a while back.  Now, the only chrome is the spear and the SHO emblem.  (And the polished tips look chrome.)

My mom has a White Plat MKZ so I was able to see how they would look, red against white, before I did it.

DJE624

Went to The Abbey Resort today.  Afterwards, I thought I'd snap a few down by the lake.

BiGMaC

Beautiful!  These picks show off your springs better than your signature pic too.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Very nice setting, Dave.  The trees look like inverted chandeliers ... on fire!  And the "piers" with the "lighthouse" ... nice depth of field.  Your SHO definitely added value :thumb:

mjhpadi

Great set of photos Dave.  They and the car look great!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350