• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: ShoBoat on July 14, 2019, 09:04:59 PM
MF'rs, that looks nothing like the pics in the video. I honestly can't believe how far LMS has fallen, Mike this totally sucks and I honestly don't know what else to say but chin up my friend. Your attitude during a time like this is exemplary.

On the side of LMS not a bright thing to do, of all the people to rip off knowing what you do for a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huh? that looks EXACTLY like the video and pics. none of the pics in the video or post have a closed deck, and neither do his pics...

SM105K

Just to avoid confusion. 

Who is exactly posting for LMS?  Is this Dan Millen himself, if not it should be.  In the past, confusion could have been cleared up if we knew exactly who from LMS is posting.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

I don't care if you are building a lawn mower engine or a top fuel dragster engine. A build sheet should be provided without the customer asking. Any and I mean any shop I've ever dealt with. Whether it was John Kaase race engines or archie's Go kart engines I received a build sheet. It's just proper engine building practices.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on July 15, 2019, 01:30:05 PM
I don't care if you are building a lawn mower engine or a top fuel dragster engine. A build sheet should be provided without the customer asking. Any and I mean any shop I've ever dealt with. Whether it was John Kaase race engines or archie's Go kart engines I received a build sheet. It's just proper engine building practices.

I 100% agree with statement.  I have always received build sheets for engines, and I still have quite a few even though I don't own the cars anymore. I always asked for two copies.  One that went with all of the other built motors in a file, and one that went with a file I made with everything that I had done to that particular car both in my safe. I had my piece of mind, and a way to protect myself from he said, she said. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

I couldn't agree more. This is all turning into he said she said. Again a customer should never have to ASK for a build sheet. Hell the first motor I ever had built as a kid I didn't even know what a build sheet was. The machine shop forced me to take it.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

GhostlyGrenade

Can we see the build sheet? I think those type of things are interesting.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: SM105K on July 15, 2019, 01:00:44 PM
Just to avoid confusion. 

Who is exactly posting for LMS?  Is this Dan Millen himself, if not it should be.  In the past, confusion could have been cleared up if we knew exactly who from LMS is posting.

This is Dan here I have been looking and confirming what our staff is saying and its all true. Very disappointing how Mike BPD is acting. This is how a company gets treated when you give a customer a deal. Customer puts injectors in without telling me or us. Then says I am going to bring it down for a tune but its running rough. I warned Mike of this before he even brought it. Read the attached Text messages. I don't know how much more clear I could of been. I have broke enough of my own stuff over 25 years to know what happens when you have to much fuel in a car. This being Direct Injection makes the problem even worse.

The people here commenting and feeling bad for Mike should honestly feel bad for us. I have offered to him verbally and publicly on this forum to fix it for free and hopefully you "the community" see Mike created this problem with driving his car. As his text shows "pig rich" thus admitting it was really bad. Thankfully for me/LME and legal purposes I have this documented on my phone.

I wonder why I do nice things for people just to get s*** on.

Lets not paint Mike out to be a perfect person here. Yes hes a law officer (and I respect the hell out of our law and what nonsense our media puts them through) but remember hes human and humans don't always tell the full story. I honestly expected better from him. I can't tell you Mike is lying (judge for yourself) but what I will tell you everything I have posted and offer isn't BS! You can see my offer in line 13 here

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on June 07, 2019, 09:30:39 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on June 07, 2019, 12:51:58 AM
Quick question:  who is making these Livernois posts?  Personal curiousity :)

Missteps happen.  Thank you for elaborating on your side of the story!  Now we await Mike's ...

13. Customer is mad we started to work on car. I then said look we will just fix it try to help out. Let customer know we would fix for free

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on July 15, 2019, 01:57:22 PM

Why do you need to see the build sheet?

What qualificat
Quote from: SM105K on July 15, 2019, 01:40:15 PM

I 100% agree with statement.  I have always received build sheets for engines, and I still have quite a few even though I don't own the cars anymore. I always asked for two copies.  One that went with all of the other built motors in a file, and one that went with a file I made with everything that I had done to that particular car both in my safe. I had my piece of mind, and a way to protect myself from he said, she said. 

We don't give build sheets for crate engines nor do many shops. If you do a custom build

We don't give our clearances to customers openly.

Also stop with top fuel I ran a promod car (same engine) and know several of the top fuel guys. Quit talking about stuff you don't know. We put pistons in between rounds. Not one time did we stop and get the tools out to measure the s*** we put back in. Please ok. Your trying to find something here to bash Livernois and its simply not fair. If Mike was concerned with the build sheet he could of asked. Hes got my cell. Not once did he ask. If he did based on the text you seen its pretty apparent I bent over backwards for the guy. I am questioning why I did at this point.

Dan

Livernois Motorsports

Probably can't let you see it until this blows over or people start telling the truth. You are more than welcome to come by I can show you whatever you need to see.

Remember this engine ran for 5 years with the so called "mysterious Build Sheet" is coming into play. Soon as he started changing stuff all the sudden now our engine build is getting questioned. I am pretty sure no OEM is not gonna warranty a engine after 5 years with this kind of abuse.

Where are the people here saying "wow 5 years and record times heavy abuse thats pretty good!)

If I sound irritated I am sorry just can't believe people

Super Disappointing

Dan

bpd1151

Well, since it appears that Dan wants to continue making himself look innocent in all of this, and to date, I have only posted accurate info for the community to digest and nothing more (certainly not personal attacks and saying I'm the one being dishonest, i.e. attacking my character). I feel compelled to offer a rebuttal as it appears Dan is (no shock here) making this personal..... and if the members here can allow me to post without interrupting for a lil bit, I'd greatly appreciate it. I will have multiple posts in a row, so I can keep pictures properly associated with each post. I'll then advise when I'm done and the community can carry on as it sees fit.

It goes w/o saying that I've had some positive experiences with LMS over the years.  The community also knows my character and my willingness to help, as well as my ongoing desire to post accurate info. Thus my avatar resembling Lt. Cmdr. Data of Star Trek fame.

I, unlike Livernois, have absolutely nothing to gain, nor lose from posting the following information. So taking what they say with a grain of salt is wisely advised. We all know the PR damage control spin machine went into hyperdrive the very moment the flat bed arrived at their facility to retrieve my car. It's to be completely expected.

That said, had this not happened to me personally, I'd have a hard time believing it myself. But I look back now, at all those posts from LMS detractors, as well as those that have had less than stellar experiences with them, and I pause. I Reflect. I then realize that all these years, how much money LMS has made off of my constant and unwavering enthusiastic support for them. Dare I say one of their absolute best supporters all throughout? Consistently promoting them online, in personal conversations, on my own paid for advertising material for both minor and major car show events, etc.

Well, when this recent motor debacle happened, things were said to me, by Dan that left my bottom jaw dropped, awash in bewilderment and I knew then whatever semblance of a friendship we developed, was just flushed down the toilet. Hoping to perhaps still maintain some semblance of a professional, business relationship was my only hope at that point. Well that was thrown out the window when the in depth report came back from the 3rd party, neutral machine shop that did the teardown. All trust was severed at that point and I knew I would never return to them as a customer.

It hurts. Still hurts. And the attempts being made to make themselves look unblemished in all of this, is, as Dan says infuriating and disheartening.

Moving along, I'm not going to quote each of Dan's previous posts, as you all can go back and re-read them for yourselves. But I will do my best to summarize his comments and then divulge from my perspective. You all are big boys and girls and are fully capable of making your own decisions on how to proceed with each of your own vehicles and what vendors you choose. That said, it has never been my intent to disparage LMS, but rather just post the info as experienced. No $h!t shows, remember? Once again, I do appreciate the adult conversation(s) from the members. Info only. You consume as you see fit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FearlessAZ

As much as I love drama and how entertaining this thread is, I really think this thread needs to be locked down.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

bpd1151

Conveniently Dan chooses to lop off certain texts messages as it fits his "story". Again an attempt to gloss over the whole story as he keeps claiming to put out there.

So Dan did post my text screenshots..... But what he fails to publicly disclose is that the conversation continued where he cut it off.

April 6th......

I did provide him an itemized list of recent mods completed. I also tell him how far I drove it (8.8 miles or 15min time total) and that I drove it easy. There were CEL'S for rich conditions bank 1 and 2, yes. Which I reported and which were to be expected. Not only cuz of the injectors, but also new wideband 02 sensors being lightning fast. The car idled fine. Drove fine. But knowing tune wasn't optimized, I didn't drive it aggressively. I've been told by several outside of LMS that mere idling or the drive it had, would NOT cause damage. He then proceeds to state the DW Injectors are "junk" and that every car they've used then in, they ripped 'em out and put them in the trash (remember this for later).

Concerned, I ask Dan if he prefers I trailer it, or if he can write me a temporary tune that would allow me to drive it up there safely? He asks about their newest touch screen device, if I've used yet (full disclosure, they did gift me that device last Summer of 2018) then we cease texting and Dan calls and we discuss the following over the phone.... updating the device first, then sending me a temporary revised tune file (of his creation) to allow me to drive it there.

See addt'l texts below.....

SM105K

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on July 15, 2019, 04:29:17 PM

Why do you need to see the build sheet?

What qualificat
Quote from: SM105K on July 15, 2019, 01:40:15 PM

We don't give build sheets for crate engines nor do many shops. If you do a custom build

We don't give our clearances to customers openly.

Also stop with top fuel I ran a promod car (same engine) and know several of the top fuel guys. Quit talking about stuff you don't know. We put pistons in between rounds. Not one time did we stop and get the tools out to measure the s*** we put back in. Please ok. Your trying to find something here to bash Livernois and its simply not fair. If Mike was concerned with the build sheet he could of asked. Hes got my cell. Not once did he ask. If he did based on the text you seen its pretty apparent I bent over backwards for the guy. I am questioning why I did at this point.

Dan

I hope that your quote and statement wasn't toward me in your statement.  I have been very fair, and tried to keep the dialogue fair for both parties.  I don't have a horse in this race, but other people will in the future.

Moving onto engines of crate engine or not.  I always received a built sheet for all my motors except my junkyards ones.  Those ones I personally pulled.  I don't give a crap if you have secret tolerances or voodoo magic in your build.  I am not a typical customer.  I always put my hands on parts, and actually mark pistons, rods, and all caps when I put my hands on them.  This is in conjunction to a couple of other tricks I picked up while helping buddies build 7.99 index nitrous small blocks.  When the engine builder was done I go and look for all of my marks and other tricks then the short block is complete.  Checks and balances.  I also go over torque specs, and some cases check them myself with my own tq wrench in the shop to see if it matches the build sheet.  If I am spending 6 to 10 grand on an engine, you really think I give a crap on spending money on an airline ticket to make sure my engine is exactly what they say it is?   

I have been screwed before, and now I know how to play the game.  If an engine builder is not willing to meet my demands, they do not get my money period.   

SM105K

Quote from: FearlessAZ on July 15, 2019, 04:38:18 PM
As much as I love drama and how entertaining this thread is, I really think this thread needs to be locked down.

I 100% disagree.  I think the truth will come to surface and since this is a high level company and high level car in our community it needs to stay the course.  If it is shut down I believe it is a dis-service to the community and I will contact Mike Bambic directly and ask to speak to him in person about the matter since he is local.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 15, 2019, 04:37:15 PM
Well, since it appears that Dan wants to continue making himself look innocent in all of this, and to date, I have only posted accurate info for the community to digest and nothing more (certainly not personal attacks and saying I'm the one being dishonest, i.e. attacking my character). I feel compelled to offer a rebuttal as it appears Dan is (no shock here) making this personal..... and if the members here can allow me to post without interrupting for a lil bit, I'd greatly appreciate it. I will have multiple posts in a row, so I can keep pictures properly associated with each post. I'll then advise when I'm done and the community can carry on as it sees fit.

It goes w/o saying that I've had some positive experiences with LMS over the years.  The community also knows my character and my willingness to help, as well as my ongoing desire to post accurate info. Thus my avatar resembling Lt. Cmdr. Data of Star Trek fame.

I, unlike Livernois, have absolutely nothing to gain, nor lose from posting the following information. So taking what they say with a grain of salt is wisely advised. We all know the PR damage control spin machine went into hyperdrive the very moment the flat bed arrived at their facility to retrieve my car. It's to be completely expected.

That said, had this not happened to me personally, I'd have a hard time believing it myself. But I look back now, at all those posts from LMS detractors, as well as those that have had less than stellar experiences with them, and I pause. I Reflect. I then realize that all these years, how much money LMS has made off of my constant and unwavering enthusiastic support for them. Dare I say one of their absolute best supporters all throughout? Consistently promoting them online, in personal conversations, on my own paid for advertising material for both minor and major car show events, etc.

Well, when this recent motor debacle happened, things were said to me, by Dan that left my bottom jaw dropped, awash in bewilderment and I knew then whatever semblance of a friendship we developed, was just flushed down the toilet. Hoping to perhaps still maintain some semblance of a professional, business relationship was my only hope at that point. Well that was thrown out the window when the in depth report came back from the 3rd party, neutral machine shop that did the teardown. All trust was severed at that point and I knew I would never return to them as a customer.

It hurts. Still hurts. And the attempts being made to make themselves look unblemished in all of this, is, as Dan says infuriating and disheartening.

Moving along, I'm not going to quote each of Dan's previous posts, as you all can go back and re-read them for yourselves. But I will do my best to summarize his comments and then divulge from my perspective. You all are big boys and girls and are fully capable of making your own decisions on how to proceed with each of your own vehicles and what vendors you choose. That said, it has never been my intent to disparage LMS, but rather just post the info as experienced. No $h!t shows, remember? Once again, I do appreciate the adult conversation(s) from the members. Info only. You consume as you see fit.

Not Sure what your goal is here? I myself am curious what you have to gain by not telling the truth here. I offered to fix the car period. And I said I would give it our best shot to get it done for the nations. I would not guarantee it though. You then said your wife is making you take the car home????? Do you remember that? Seriously. Then weeks later I said it again on the board here!!!!!

The damage of the engine the most likely cause is fuel wash. You don't want to believe it. I can't help that. What I can tell you is I offered to fix it period. By you trying to blame us for a perfectly good running engine for 5 years and getting damaged by fuel wash is absurd. You changed parts it caused a problem and it broke...Man up

If this engine broke with 6 months I get it call Livernois and b*tch slap us but come on man. 5 years later?