• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

802SHO 2010 Build

Started by 802SHO, April 30, 2019, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 01, 2019, 04:02:27 PM
So here is a comparison...

The higher number was the pull right after the turbo's were installed.. car was driven around for a short drive to warm up the components, then dropped on the dyno... the lower number is after I drove for 2hr's down interstate 95 in traffic, then dropped on the dyno.. it was also much hotter and more humid that day as well..

The peak numbers are different, but look at the curves.. they are identical. So what this tells me is the car was running exactly the same both days, but either I was pulling power the whole time from heat soak (which it was) or the DYNO was calibrated slightly different that day as well resulting in a slightly lower output. However, the point stands that the curves are IDENTICAL but peak is is off by a couple percentage points.

Yes it's identical and gives a look inside to show how much weather/heat affects our performance.  Overall its not far off which is great news. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on June 01, 2019, 04:08:00 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 01, 2019, 04:02:27 PM
So here is a comparison...

The higher number was the pull right after the turbo's were installed.. car was driven around for a short drive to warm up the components, then dropped on the dyno... the lower number is after I drove for 2hr's down interstate 95 in traffic, then dropped on the dyno.. it was also much hotter and more humid that day as well..

The peak numbers are different, but look at the curves.. they are identical. So what this tells me is the car was running exactly the same both days, but either I was pulling power the whole time from heat soak (which it was) or the DYNO was calibrated slightly different that day as well resulting in a slightly lower output. However, the point stands that the curves are IDENTICAL but peak is is off by a couple percentage points.

Yes it's identical and gives a look inside to show how much weather/heat affects our performance.  Overall its not far off which is great news.

3.8% difference between the runs.  I guess what I am trying to say is, don't get hung up on peak numbers :-)

My shop was kind enough to provide me the dynojet files from all my runs so I can play with them as I need to... dynojet software is free.

802SHO

I won't get hung up on peak numbers now that I know what's really important.  I guess now its just to have a power reference.  Plus its just cool!  Thanks for all the info!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

802SHO

Manu you were right!  After having DTC P0130 and P0150 at the same time you suggested to clean the sensors before buying new wideband.  So far so good on cleaning my 3bar and IAT sensors before replacing my wideband oxygen sensors.  I cleaned them...at the same time which I found they both have the identical part numbers....is that correct?  My 3bar and IAT sensor are the same?  I then swapped out my sp534 plugs with the sp542 plugs all gapped to about .027-.028.  Brad asked me about my Meth settings and I think my new pump is more powerful than the last as he made remarks that I was spraying a lot....I kept my settings the same and just swapped the pumps.  I decreased the initial by about a quarter turn and also increased gain to 8 to start spraying at 8psi.  We make boost so damn quick I don't think I need to spray at less than 8. 

Took it for a warm up drive then two data logs.  One from a dead stop, no brake boost just a hard WOT 1,2,3 gear sweep.  Then another at about 2,000 rpm in 3rd, WOT 3rd gear to about 5,600 Rpm.  That's it.  It felt better I must say and my check engine light did NOT come back on. 

Pic of my sp534 with just 3k miles.

SHOdded

The 3 bar on the intake manifold (factory is 2 bar) and the CAC/IAT2 sensor are one and the same, yes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

I spoke too soon.  As well as my two datalogs felt last night I did have some fuel pressure issues, primary sensor bank 1 had problems which affected it.  Bank 2 is probably right there as far as needing to be replaced as well.  So I will have to replace both primary sensors bank 1 and 2. 

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on June 03, 2019, 05:47:23 AM
I spoke too soon.  As well as my two datalogs felt last night I did have some fuel pressure issues, primary sensor bank 1 had problems which affected it.  Bank 2 is probably right there as far as needing to be replaced as well.  So I will have to replace both primary sensors bank 1 and 2.
It should resolve your issues and should always have them replaced in (pairs) especially the wideband 02 sensors since they control (AFR) and don't want to throw off one bank! Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,299.msg144236/topicseen.html#msg144236

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Swapped my primary 02 sensors last night bank 1 and 2.  Purchased an 02 sensor swivel wrench that made this quite easy.  I was able to get both front 02's from the bottom of the car.  The only thing I did from the top was harness connections.  I did employ SBS's shoelace trick.
They 02's look pretty well done....left wayyy too long on the grill!  These puppies have never been replaced by me until now.  That's 20k without an issue.....how long they were there when I got it Idk....and out of the 20k I have been tuned for 14k. 

I was fortunate that I was able to read up on old posts of swapping these out....and buying the wrench in the pic below.  It made this experience not nearly as bad as some of you doing this without others previous experiences shared here.   For that Thank You!

For others wondering the pigtail lengths are the same, it's just one part# DY-1120 you'll need and if replacing both banks just order 2. 

SM105K

SBS and I used the shoe string method for the connectors.  It save me a lot of time and a lot more colorful language. 

Andrew I know quite a few people here will see your thread and start the process of changing their O2's as well.  I will save you some time and drop some knowledge for the people wondering what is involved.

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sm105ks-ownership-performance-maintenance-thread.138235/page-6

First post on that link.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 09:22:06 AM
SBS and I used the shoe string method for the connectors.  It save me a lot of time and a lot more colorful language. 

Andrew I know quite a few people here will see your thread and start the process of changing their O2's as well.  I will save you some time and drop some knowledge for the people wondering what is involved.

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sm105ks-ownership-performance-maintenance-thread.138235/page-6

First post on that link.

Thanks buddy.  I thought I should do them...but my mods this year have got me well over my 6k budget...so I skimped there...could have been changed easily when the subframe was down and everything wide open...nope..not me...end up needing to change them after with everything back in the way.  That swivel OEM oxygen sensor wrench saved my a$$.

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 07, 2019, 10:45:25 AM

First post on that link.

Thanks buddy.  I thought I should do them...but my mods this year have got me well over my 6k budget...so I skimped there...could have been changed easily when the subframe was down and everything wide open...nope..not me...end up needing to change them after with everything back in the way.  That swivel OEM oxygen sensor wrench saved my a$$.

You and me are alot alike.  We seem to like to do things the hard way lol. Cutting the wires and the shoe string saved me.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 10:53:03 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on June 07, 2019, 10:45:25 AM

First post on that link.

You and me are alot alike.  We seem to like to do things the hard way lol. Cutting the wires and the shoe string saved me.

Haha I almost ✂ them too!  The rear I had to disconnect my lines to my catch can and get all that out of the way.  I looked once and thought ......where are my dikes...then I stopped...gave it another try.  I pulled the wire plastic clips out, pulled the whole connection right up into view, then disconnected them.  Haha after I did that I thought...not bad!

shoNoff

I would of just pulled the downpipes out. I like creating more work for myself. Andrew how many miles are on those buddy? My car just hit 70k I can't only imagine what mine look like.

Never mind I actually just read your posts lol :bangin:
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

shoNoff

2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile