• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

VIDEO!!!!!! Video of my SHO on the Dyno at National Speed, Inc..

https://youtu.be/b1xjQSkiGmQ

Also picture of both the pre-dyno and after dyno with the gear head turbos..

shoNoff

Nice man. Car looks good, sounds good and makes awesome power. Damn I'm jealous. I wish you best of luck when you bring that beast to the track. PS those turbos sound awesome did I mention that lol.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on April 25, 2019, 06:54:18 PM
Nice man. Car looks good, sounds good and makes awesome power. Damn I'm jealous. I wish you best of luck when you bring that beast to the track. PS those turbos sound awesome did I mention that lol.

I'm stoked! Hoping the track times are as good as it sounds...

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

Sounds really good!  That's crazy about the bolt breaking on the cam lobe!  Is that a first?  Never heard of anything like that happening.  National Speed's shop is so clean and nice, especially their dyno room, its cool how its set up.  Its like your on the other side of the operating table(dyno) watching through a wall of glass ...like in some scientific lab!  Overall seems like a good experience even though the car was out of alignment...instead of 5 stars they get 4.  I wish you smooth sailing after those intital hiccups and look forward to hearing nothing but fun and excitement as you drive around town and those track slips!  Really nice build SBS!  It came together fairly quickly too once you made up your mind with what you wanted to do with your SHO.  I'm glad you kept it. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on April 26, 2019, 05:50:19 AM
Sounds really good!  That's crazy about the bolt breaking on the cam lobe!  Is that a first?  Never heard of anything like that happening.  National Speed's shop is so clean and nice, especially their dyno room, its cool how its set up.  Its like your on the other side of the operating table(dyno) watching through a wall of glass ...like in some scientific lab!  Overall seems like a good experience even though the car was out of alignment...instead of 5 stars they get 4.  I wish you smooth sailing after those intital hiccups and look forward to hearing nothing but fun and excitement as you drive around town and those track slips!  Really nice build SBS!  It came together fairly quickly too once you made up your mind with what you wanted to do with your SHO.  I'm glad you kept it.

Thanks! Their shop is nuts for sure! One of the cleanest shops I have EVER seen... as I said.. my wife was impressed with the shop and thats saying something! The alignment thing was an irritation for sure, but my local guys got it all back together after 2hrs of adjustments. This is something I have really have wanted to do for some time, so getting all the parts/pieces together in a logical way that was safe made sense.  Having to re-buy stuff that was on my 2010 was a bit frustrating.. but they offered me such a good deal on the trade in I wasn't about to kink the deal by asking for parts off it.. lol..

In any event.. I am taking a break from modifications for the time being as the next steps long term are gonna be Trans/PTU/RDU improvements.. Looking to source a used setup to send off to a good builder. Once the driveline is good, then I will look at a motor build, but again, that would be a ways down the road..

Only thing on the short list is a drop-in upgraded low pressure fuel pump to give the current setup a bit more headspace.. that low pressure pump right now is about 90% maxed out on E30 at the power levels I am in. If I wanted to overdrive it, Matt could but then its just a matter of time before it burns out. Would net me well over 500/500..

Drop-in fuel pump is a 15 minute swap, so the cost is just the pump which I can't imagine being more than a couple hundred bucks... soon I hope!

StealBlueSho

All cleaned up after all the final work was completed!

StealBlueSho

SHOdded

You need to start taking that thang to local shows.  Maybe follow in bpd's footsteps, get some graphics done with backstory :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 26, 2019, 09:47:33 AM
You need to start taking that thang to local shows.  Maybe follow in bpd's footsteps, get some graphics done with backstory :)

BPD would make a great mentor for such an endeavor. Not sure I want to deal with all that though! lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

bpd1151

What the $h!t Michael.....

I failed to see you on the opposing side of the glass, mooning everybody.

LOL

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 26, 2019, 12:22:30 PM
What the $h!t Michael.....

I failed to see you on the opposing side of the glass, mooning everybody.

LOL

Unfortunately I was not there when they did the dyno... or perhaps a bit of moonage or maybe even a Fist Of Victory might have made its way into the video...

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 26, 2019, 12:28:39 PMFist Of Victory might have made its way into the video...

Ha! For sure!

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |