• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Windshield Tablet Mount

Started by DJE624, August 22, 2013, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I was thinking of using this for my Nexus 7 with Torque Pro. I tried Walmart, Radio Shack and Best Buy.  Couldn't find anything.  I'd rather be able to see and handle it before I bought one but it seems that the only place to get tablet mounts is online.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360649633878?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Larrylu

Quote from: DJE624 on August 22, 2013, 08:35:46 PM
I was thinking of using this for my Nexus 7 with Torque Pro. I tried Walmart, Radio Shack and Best Buy.  Couldn't find anything.  I'd rather be able to see and handle it before I bought one but it seems that the only place to get tablet mounts is online.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360649633878?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I found my mount at Staples for around $20. It is a universal GPS windshield mount and I used one of the assortment of adapters that came with it and adhered it to the back of the Nexus with some 3M body tape. Lots of ways to get the job done I guess.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

DJE624

Funny you should say Staples Larry!  I actually went there too!  Of course all these places I went are up in a rural area of WI.  I'm probably the only guy using Torque in the county. ;D

Larrylu

Goes to show just how special you are!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

DJE624

Well, after mulling it over, I went with this mount.  With the extended arm, I should be able to position my Nexus right over the Nav screen.  I am sure that having a mount will enable me to make better use of my Nexus 7, Scantool MX and Torque Program.  Laying the Tab on the passenger seat or holding it, just didn't cut it.  This mount is designed to hold 7" and 10" Tabs so it should hold the 7" pretty well in place.  We'll see in a couple of days.   ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200955529139?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Larrylu

Looks like it should be able to easily do the job. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts after a few miles of test drive.

DJE624

Just got done testing.  I think it will work out fine.  A little shorter would have maybe been better.  It's retracted all the way.  But the view is great!  It's heavy and sturdy.

Larrylu

DJE624

Thanks!  I'm going to try flipping the suction cup 180 and see how that lays out. 

dalum

If the holder has enough of a swivel on it you could move the suction cup to the right and angle the mount to the left effectively shortening the distance from the windshield.
2013 Non-PP SHO

DJE624

Thanks Dalum!  I'll try that too! 

Larrylu

Wonder if the shaft could be modified and shortened. If so a side benefit would be to make it a bit more rigid.

BigPelo

Currently shopping for a tablet mount. Were you able to shortened the distance Dave?
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

bigmoneycloser

Try ram mounts.
They offer a 6.75 in and a 9 in mount for window mount.
They also offer a few other types of mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

bigmoneycloser

T
This is my mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes