June 19, 2019, 08:17:52 PM
collapse
collapse

Author Topic: Re: Grinding noise while turning wheels in park and moving slowly.  (Read 281 times)

Offline 4/SHO

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 0
  • Ecobooster
Hello I'm new to this and need some help with traction. The car was dyno with 22in rims I am wondering if I'd do better with smaller rim/tire. I hear hankook and nittos are both very good but not sure which size... any input and advice would be appreciated. I ran an 11.95 first time at track on my 2nd out of 3 runs. Speed was slow at 106 oddly.  I do know my launch was to say the least SAD. The car is putting to the wheels 421hp and 450tq. Also I was running all season tires (big mistake) kinda chewed em up lol. Also had some wheel hop not to sure about all that but assuming has to do with tires.
Thanks again!
2011 SHO with a 2015 SHO engine. She started out as the 2011 SEMA SHO by Rick Bottom Designs. Which had the following-  H&R lowering springs, Baer Extreme brakes, 22 in axiom rims,  Razzi body kit, Corsa performance exhaust,  Airaid cold air intake,  no weeds exhaust diverted, and a few other items. I then took her to National Speed of Wilmington NC where I had bigger ATP turbos, firestorm high pressure fuel pump, catless downpipes, 170 Tstat, 3bar MAP, tial BOV,  EPP pipes,  colder spark plugs, and  HP tune.

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • : New York SHO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1483
  • -Received: 3321
  • Trap Speed of almost 116 mph.
Re: Re: Grinding noise while turning wheels in park and moving slowly.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 05:31:30 PM »
Hello I'm new to this and need some help with traction. The car was dyno with 22in rims I am wondering if I'd do better with smaller rim/tire. I hear hankook and nittos are both very good but not sure which size... any input and advice would be appreciated. I ran an 11.95 first time at track on my 2nd out of 3 runs. Speed was slow at 106 oddly.  I do know my launch was to say the least SAD. The car is putting to the wheels 421hp and 450tq. Also I was running all season tires (big mistake) kinda chewed em up lol. Also had some wheel hop not to sure about all that but assuming has to do with tires.
Thanks again!
Time slip! What are your current Mods! Do add them to your signature. TIA. Z
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 05:33:30 PM by ZSHO »

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|Airaid-Dry-flow-CAI|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Offline 4/SHO

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 06:23:30 PM »
Will be going to Darlington SC this Wednesday weather permitting.  Sadly was closed today due to cold weather. I added some mods also.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 06:28:35 PM by 4/SHO »
2011 SHO with a 2015 SHO engine. She started out as the 2011 SEMA SHO by Rick Bottom Designs. Which had the following-  H&R lowering springs, Baer Extreme brakes, 22 in axiom rims,  Razzi body kit, Corsa performance exhaust,  Airaid cold air intake,  no weeds exhaust diverted, and a few other items. I then took her to National Speed of Wilmington NC where I had bigger ATP turbos, firestorm high pressure fuel pump, catless downpipes, 170 Tstat, 3bar MAP, tial BOV,  EPP pipes,  colder spark plugs, and  HP tune.

Offline 4/SHO

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 07:08:55 PM »
Do you think I'm better off going to a smaller tire?

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 07:24:35 PM »
Do you think I'm better off going to a smaller tire?
I would say that your Traction issue is most likely related to the 22 inch wheels IMO which affects the AWD capabilities and should be compensated with Tuning! Smaller wheel pattern and tires should be considered while so many variables play a significant role especially at the track in cold weather.
I would stick with the stock size setup for optimum performance. Z
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:30:19 PM by ZSHO »

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|Airaid-Dry-flow-CAI|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Offline 4/SHO

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 07:12:47 PM »
Thank you appreciate any help. I will go down to 20in on the track and just swap out. Do you recommend any particular tire?

Offline Macgyver

• Elite Member
  • : Reading, Pa.......
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Received: 206
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »
Any street legal soft compound tire. Nitto. Firestone. Pirelli. Etc etc

Tire pressure is everything and will help with wheel hop. I think most run 24-26psi.

You can try adjusting your tire size in the settings of your dash but thats not optimal with 22" rims. I would assume you have low profile tires the and you need a sidewall to race. Think of a dragster when its launching.

Also Engine/transmission mounts. Upgrade them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:23:42 PM by Macgyver »

Offline 4/SHO

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 03:34:26 PM »
Awesome appreciate your help!
I'm not sure how to start a new subject but today I heard some noise like clicking in the front end while in reverse.  Any thoughts on that? Or where should I seek advice on this matter? Again thanks!

Offline 4/SHO

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 03:35:59 PM »
I'm not sure how to start a new subject but today I heard some noise like clicking in the front end while in reverse.  Any thoughts on that? Or where should I seek advice on this matter? Again thanks!
I've been searching for upgraded engine/ transmission mounts and can't find any.

Offline 4/SHO

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 03:40:10 PM »
Any street legal soft compound tire. Nitto. Firestone. Pirelli. Etc etc

Tire pressure is everything and will help with wheel hop. I think most run 24-26psi.

You can try adjusting your tire size in the settings of your dash but thats not optimal with 22" rims. I would assume you have low profile tires the and you need a sidewall to race. Think of a dragster when its launching.

Also Engine/transmission mounts. Upgrade them.

I've been searching for upgraded mounts but cannot find.

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 03:53:23 PM »
It sounds like your wheel Hubs (bearings) are faulty! Is it coming from the Drivers or passenger side wheel! Did you happen to check for codes!
 Feel free to start a new Topic by following the below link. Z   :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,141.0.html
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:05:42 PM by ZSHO »

Offline 4/SHO

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
Grinding noise while turning wheels in park and moving slowly.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 08:36:54 PM »
Hello I am experiencing a grinding noise and I slight feeling in the steering wheel. It is especially loud while in park but I can also hear at slow speeds. I'm wondering if I power braked to high earlier during a launch...  anyway car is making a weird noise that doesn't sound good. Don't know if I'm hurting me by driving...

Offline Macgyver

• Elite Member
  • : Reading, Pa.......
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Received: 206
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 12:02:46 PM »
I've been searching for upgraded engine/ transmission mounts and can't find any.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,299.5880.html

Offline avidmotion

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 66
  • Ecobooster
Re: Grinding noise while turning wheels in park and moving slowly.
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 01:06:00 AM »
Let us know what you find on the noise and any upgrade trans or engine mounts...

* Featured Topics

* Recent Topics

Re: What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?
by 5ohSHO | Today at 07:08:46 PM
Ah ok.  Yeah the flowers tend to be on the "softer" sid...
Re: 2010 Lincoln EBAP Photos
by Black Dream | Today at 06:35:32 PM
I test drove a 2011 Red version that had the exact same interior as yo...
Re: Glad to be here
by Black Dream | Today at 06:27:40 PM
Our poor dead G is being slowly parted out.  She was not my daily...
Re: Center caps on flowers
by 76fomoco | Today at 06:22:32 PM
you must have been without wheels at your location and or no batteries...
Re: Water in passenger floor
by Agentlongwood | Today at 05:48:48 PM
After all that, it didn't fix the leak lol.  It looks like m...
Re: battery terminal
by GhostlyGrenade | Today at 04:10:04 PM
Well I ordered a new battery as well as the updated rear trans mount. ...
Motircrafts SP-542 Spark plugs!
by ZSHO | Today at 03:14:45 PM
FYI- I noticed there is much interest in the SP-542 PLUGS and will be ...
2019 SHO Convention - Alternative Has Been Announced!
by SHOdded | Today at 02:53:36 PM
Since the official 2019 Convention is not happening, an alternative co...
Re: Gearhead SHO/Flex Intercooler Install Video
by Leadfoot | Today at 10:53:16 AM
I recalibrated my SHO, unfortunately with a MKS/Flex hybrid calibratio...
Re: Random thoughts for the day
by SHOdded | Today at 05:58:42 AM
Bulk shipping is expensive from the dealership.  But different de...
Re: Gearhead Intercooler Review
by avidmotion | June 18, 2019, 05:28:15 PM
....Me too....      :)...
Re: Power per mod discussion
by Black Dream | June 18, 2019, 03:31:45 PM
I could be wrong but I think he meant a Coors Light.........
Re: 2013 SHO Throttle Body Adjustment Screw Leaking?
by SHOdded | June 18, 2019, 08:57:10 AM
A nice little side project :D...
Re: R134a capacity
by Three Lions | June 18, 2019, 07:34:28 AM
Thanks guys. Most appreciated...
Re: Hotpipes, Meth Bungs and Nozzles
by shoNoff | June 18, 2019, 07:11:45 AM
I got lucky mine still had just enough sticking out so I could grab it...