• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

aiming the headlights...

Started by TopherSho, February 20, 2019, 10:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Is there a way to adjust the lateral headlight alignment?

Adjusting the vertical alignment is easy but I'm not finding how to adjust the horizontal alignment ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

bpd1151

I don't believe there is an ability to adjust horizontally as the entire head assembly is bolted to frame components with no adjustment mechanism.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

If you need to adjust the horizontal alignment, you likely need to have the frame looked at.  OR you have an aftermarket headlight that isn't quite up to par with OEM.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Well that's disappointing.  the headlight assembly is definitely OEM, and car fax was clean unless it wasn't 'claimed' .. so the question is do your cars beams converge ?  Mine hard converge a short distance away and really don't do much to illuminate the sides of the roads on the dims.

i wonder if i can loosen the assembly and shim it and tighten it back up ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction