• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rear sunshade auto-retract delete mod?

Started by crashnburn, August 19, 2013, 02:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashnburn

I like the sunshade in my SHO, but it bugs me that it goes down every time I put it in reverse. I have a back up camera, so I really don't look out the back window when reversing anymore. I would like to put a hidden toggle switch so I could deactivate the auto-retract function. Does anyone know what wire I have to disconnect to stop this?
2013 SHO PP, No Mods Yet...

jmr061

I will take a look at the service manual in a few hours an get back to you.

Jason
Jason
16 Edge Sport

thatsmrgimp2u

Might be able to pull the fuse associated with it as well. No holes! and much easier...
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

jmr061

It is the blue/white wire in position 4 of the plug that goes into the sunshade module on the back deck.   Position 4 is in the middle of the plug. There are 10 pins but only 4 are used.

Jason
Jason
16 Edge Sport

crashnburn

Do you know if this holds true for all year models?

jmr061

Quote from: crashnburn on August 19, 2013, 09:29:17 AM
Do you know if this holds true for all year models?

I can't say for certain but I would think so.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

TSS

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on August 19, 2013, 07:47:03 AM
Might be able to pull the fuse associated with it as well. No holes! and much easier...

I like this idea too (no auto retract in reverse).  I need to look, but I bet there is more on the fuse than just the shade. If not, then your suggestion is great.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

jmr061

Pulling the fuse will disable it totally. I will look to see if it has its own fuse (13 MY).
Jason
16 Edge Sport

crashnburn

Quote from: jmr061 on August 19, 2013, 08:06:34 AM
It is the blue/white wire in position 4 of the plug that goes into the sunshade module on the back deck.   Position 4 is in the middle of the plug. There are 10 pins but only 4 are used.

Jason
I may just de-pin the blue/white wire from the plug and see how that works out. Thank you for the info jmr601, it is much appreciated.  :bow:

jmr061

Yeah just looked up the fuse.  Um leave it in lol.
Jason
16 Edge Sport