• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Autometer Custom Shop

Started by geswek, August 16, 2013, 03:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

WOW; did anyone know they had a custom shop now? I just noticed this while going through their catalogue, again checking to see if there was any analog gauges I might want.

I'm still not 100% sold on EVO gauges--just sucks because not much in my car is with a sweeper arm except the speedo.

bpd1151

Damn, blk/wht..... would go with my theme rather well.

Nice find Storm.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

geswek

Yeah, I emailed them asking if they had a boost that goes to 35 and not 20.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

dalum

I looked at them when I was shopping my gauges.  I HATED the evo digital gauges.  Only one dimmer on the back of the gauge.  The light input just changes the gauges color, and there wasn't enough of a difference between the background and the "data".
2013 Non-PP SHO

geswek

Just heard from them; in 2 weeks there will be 35 and 60 psi boost gauges in custom shop.

I would go with them for design I posted over EVO; only beacuse their gauges are the meow!

Thoughts on black with white/white pointer and white LED back light?

SoCalSHO

Those are the colors I would choose, but after looking at some of the customer designed gauges, I think there was one that was designed like that, didn't look as good as I thought. For me, the Ford Racing Autometer gauges fit my tastes the best.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

mjhpadi

Great find...I'll have to give the gauge cluster a closer look to see how those would fit in....don't have time to look this evening, do they do real custom designs?
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Boggus

I would like to move the trunk switch button to the panel where the traction control switch is (PP cars) and install a boost gauge in that hole..but standard diameter gauges are larger than that hole.  I would like just a single pod.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

geswek

Quote from: Boggus on August 16, 2013, 11:31:58 PM
I would like to move the trunk switch button to the panel where the traction control switch is (PP cars) and install a boost gauge in that hole..but standard diameter gauges are larger than that hole.  I would like just a single pod.

You better off just using a pod cup and attaching it to top of your dash imo.

crash712us

This is nice find Storm! I wonder how long its been there as I have been to there site many of time. But I have played with a little and I have design some kick as looking gauges.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHOdded

Hope to see a sample of your designs soon, Chris.  I assume they are not in the public domain yet?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

Quote from: SHOdded on August 17, 2013, 02:28:29 PM
Hope to see a sample of your designs soon, Chris.  I assume they are not in the public domain yet?

Oh ok, hadn't saved any yet. Just playing with, but I believe I can. But I will post up my ideal go withs for 2010-12' and 2013's

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

dalum

I ended up getting the auto meter elite gauges.  5677 is 30lbs boost, you can pick from a ton of colors and you can use an external pwm dimmer on the backlight.  Theres also high and low warnings of colors you can set and all that jazz.  I REALLY wanted blue needles to match the speedo but oh well.

http://amzn.com/B004TBA150

Auto Meter Elite Series Gauges
2013 Non-PP SHO