• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 Taurus SHO TT Replacement in Garage

Started by SierraTBD, July 30, 2018, 11:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SierraTBD

What about torque specs for everything? Not too worried about it but would be nice to have some numbers. Thanks!

Spyder3000gtvr4

Torque specs are to late for me but I did it by feel. By feel I mean I roughly knew how hard the bolts were to take out and my car was spotless no rust no grime if my odometer didn't say 150k I'd think the car had 20k on it. So I reinstalled everything by feel plus a weee not extra :)
Let the criticism begin lol
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SierraTBD

Will go by feel and then slight extra. Hasn't failed in the past but coolant lines can be finicky. Under or over tighten and they leak. Hopefully will have time Monday night to start reassembly finally. Got everything unboxed and looks correct. Wanting to wrap this up in a week or so. Had to unexpectedly drag around the equipment trailer for 300+ miles this week..

5ohSHO

I had to give the coolant lines on mine a little extra lovin several days after I did my turbos. They started leaking just enough to leave a couple of drips on the floor overnight. Been fine since then.

SierraTBD

Everything is put back together, will add fluids and prime engine tomorrow. Typically I would pull the ECM fuse or crank sensor but am looking for some proven knowledge specifically regarding the SHO. As always much appreciated, this has been quite the learning experience!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SierraTBD

SHOdded

I don't have 1st hand experience in this case, but I would pull both the fuel pump relay(s) and the COP fuse(s) to be sure there is no fuel OR spark.

I see fuel pump and PCM are on the same fuse/relay, so that may be a no go.  May have to disconnect the wiring directly.  The COPs however are on their own fuse/relay.

I believe there is information from when people have done compression tests that would be useful in this case.

SierraTBD

Quote from: SHOdded on September 20, 2018, 07:17:20 AM
I don't have 1st hand experience in this case, but I would pull both the fuel pump relay(s) and the COP fuse(s) to be sure there is no fuel OR spark.

I see fuel pump and PCM are on the same fuse/relay, so that may be a no go.  May have to disconnect the wiring directly.  The COPs however are on their own fuse/relay.

I believe there is information from when people have done compression tests that would be useful in this case.

I will do some digging, fuel should be disabled because the pump connector behind rear passenger seat is disconnected..

SierraTBD

How about unhooking the vacuum lines so the wastegate stays open no matter what?

SHOdded

I don't think all that is necessary.  Let the PCM do its' job.  Just won't have fuel/spark.

SierraTBD

Quote from: SHOdded on September 20, 2018, 08:19:59 AM
I don't think all that is necessary.  Let the PCM do its' job.  Just won't have fuel/spark.

Looks like under hood fuse #48 will disable the ignition coils..

SierraTBD

SierraTBD

Car is on the trailer and ready to go back to it's owner. Really glad to be done with this. Thank you to everyone for their input, much appreciated!!