• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

P0150 P0299 P0305 Code Help?

Started by Twintrbskies, July 07, 2018, 02:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twintrbskies

So as a background, about a year ago I had an issue with these codes along with running very poor. It felt like a misfire/studder/running on one less cylinder) and when puling in the driveway it stopped after 2 minutes. Then she drove perfectly fine. Happened again about a month ago (out of state) for about the same timeframe. Although this time added a code P00C6 (and never appeared again) to the mix. Again after a couple minutes it ran beautifully. I even tried a different tune to see if things would change at this point. Then today it happened again while driving and smoothed out shortly. I know I have read a few members with the same issue but never heard anyone diagnose the actual issue. Just seems to go away and forgot about.

To add, the first two times had P0304. When that happened I swapped out the coils but swear I changed #4 & 6 coils to see if it would change. Could be wrong though as I have slept since then. What confuses me is I swore it was the #4 injector (and was about to change it) since i assumed it was sticking open but now i'm looking at the coils?

So my questions are:

1) Will a coil stop working, then be fine for a year and stop again? Intermittently?
2) Will an injector stick, work great and stick again as above? Or will it stay stuck open?
3) Am I missing an underlying issue like a stuck waste-gate or a turbo having a bad day?

I have no issue changing whats needed but after the money I have spent on this ride... I would like to not go buy parts assuming I know what it is and be chasing a mystery. Would love to hear what others have done when having this issue with their babies.

Recent changes to the car in the last two months, New Motorcraft sp534's gapped to .029-.030, fluid change in PTU, fluid flushed in trans, engine oil changed (did not see any fuel or water in oil when changed or catch can). All other mods to the car are below. Thanks in advance! Still at about 50k miles.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

ZSHO

I would start by changing your 02 sensors especially if original!! I would make sure to change them in pairs. . Check the wastegate Hoses and any hose that has a clamp on it for tears or rips from TOP TO BOTTOM! 
The front turbo hose is sometimes a likely culprit.  Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

It is possible for early stages to be intermittent.  I really would swap out injectors based on this thread
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7760.msg117576.html#msg117576

now that you have both types of codes showing up.  Yes, 50K is too early, but 50K on an 8 year old car is not much mileage either.  These cars do love to be driven :)

You can try running Techron Conc Plus or BG 44K through a tank of fuel, see if it makes a difference, but I have no idea how effective they will be in a DI setup.  Maybe Lucas UCL+FIC 5oz per tank instead.  Hesitate to recommend MMO in light of an existing issue, tho I know it does work on my non-DI 3.5 in "therapeutic" quantities (i.e., 2x that of normal dose).

Also check the PCV valve/oil separator.  If clogged at least clean it if not flat out replace it.  Many vague issues will start there.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!