• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Transmission level check

Started by Larrylu, August 15, 2013, 07:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

The other day I had my airbox off and thought ...what a perfect time to check the tranny.  I twisted the cap fully counter clockwise and it just hit a stop.  Tugging did not help. It did not want to come off. I tried turning back all the way clockwise.  Same thing. I did not want to force things till I was sure. I looked in the owners guide and got no clue there about the stubborn dip stick cap. I left it fully at the stop while turning clockwise.  Any suggestions?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SoCalSHO

When I change out my airaid out tomorrow (back to stock box with K&N), I can check, maybe if you press down while turning? I think I remember the same problem on mine.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

Larrylu

Quote from: SoCalSHO on August 15, 2013, 09:25:55 PM
When I change out my airaid out tomorrow (back to stock box with K&N), I can check, maybe if you press down while turning? I think I remember the same problem on mine.

Thanks. Let me know what you discover.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SoCalSHO

Larry, Ok, for a 2010, turn the cap 180 degrees counter clockwise, lift (pry) it up. It kind of sticks, but it will come out.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

Larrylu

Quote from: SoCalSHO on August 16, 2013, 11:47:26 PM
Larry, Ok, for a 2010, turn the cap 180 degrees counter clockwise, lift (pry) it up. It kind of sticks, but it will come out.

Hey thanks for the info. I will feel better about adding a bit of muscle to it now. How was your level BTW?

SoCalSHO

Since mt car had been sitting for a few hours, and I just wanted to get the stock box in, I did not start it to check it. I believe it has to be running.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

TSS

You have to pull pretty hard on mine too.  Really hard actually.  Just checked it Saturday morning.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

MeanKS

yea, checking the transmission fluid is a relative pain for our cars.  have to remove the airbox, and the cap often feels 'stuck'...
MKS-EB...