• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Updates in progress.

Started by dimspace, August 15, 2013, 10:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimspace

First I should say hello. You will see me around here from time to time. I run my own smf community, with most of it hand coded, and im here every now and again to do some of the stuff that requires specific php and html knowledge. Usually every few weeks for a couple of days.

Going to go through the requests lists over the next couple of days and see what can be implemented as well as fix a few things etc.

Focus over the next day or two is just tidying up a bit. Work has already started on making the menu a little less cluttered, but in doing so a few new features will popup.

The first being
* Bookmarks - which now appear on the forum dropdown. In each thread you will see a bookmark button and you can now bookmark specific threads as favourites and access them through the forum drop down.

EcoPowerParts

Guys Dim has offered to help me out and make things pretty, I'm not a coder so he is lending a much needed hand.
Thanks man!!!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Thank you dim for applying / lending your talents here to the EBPF family! :bow:

Myself, 4DR, and the remaining staff and members can't thank you enough.

You my friend, are pretty damn cool! :shades:

Be sure to enjoy a ----> :beer:   when you're all finished up (for now).

Mike :wave:

dimspace

Ok. Main menu all rebuilt.

It should be a little less daunting to new members with not so many options visible, but everything still there on submenus.

New Forum Menu
Clicking Forum takes you to Forum
Todays Posts - Posts made today
Bookmarks - Topics you have added to your bookmarks
Recent Topics - The last 100 topics

Other changes.
You will notice now your profile area has been reduced to one button on the menu ,and has been converted into a fully graphical interface, which again, should be a bit easier for new members to navigate and find their way around.

jomc111

Thanks for helping us out looking forward to the tweeks you make
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

mjhpadi

Thanks, I like the changes and your awesome for offering to help.  However, I just clicked on Bookmarks under My Profile and it's telling me that I don't have permission to Bookmark...did I do something wrong.  My first thought is that I screwed it up somehow? ???
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

Thanks for your contribution, Dim! 

dimspace

Quote from: mjhpadi on August 15, 2013, 11:58:01 AM
Thanks, I like the changes and your awesome for offering to help.  However, I just clicked on Bookmarks under My Profile and it's telling me that I don't have permission to Bookmark...did I do something wrong.  My first thought is that I screwed it up somehow? ???

Sorted. Small thing, tis fixed.

You should now on every thread have an "add bookmark" button.

You can then access your bookmarks either via your profile, or if if you mouseover "forum" you will bookmarks on the drop down menu.

dimspace

The forum should also be now more responsive to your screen size, so those on wider monitors will have more viewing space, those on tablet should find the forum fits better without the need for lots of zooming and scrollbars.

geswek

Please fix the lightbox; I can't link images in my signature because Lightbox picks it up. :(

mjhpadi

Now when I click on Today's Posts, an error message comes up... :-[
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

EcoPowerParts

You may have issues if you don't hard refresh (CTRL+F5) or close and reopen your browser due to the changes being made.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

dimspace

Quote from: geswek on August 15, 2013, 04:13:36 PM
Please fix the lightbox;

Its not broken :D

Quote from: geswek on August 15, 2013, 04:13:36 PM
I can't link images in my signature because Lightbox picks it up. :(

Ok, so you want when clicking on the image it to link to an external site.

Like so?
CLICK ME TO GO TO GOOGLE

I did look at this a few weeks ago (im been around a while) but drew a blank

Its theoretically possible, but it will mean rewriting the code that handles the lightbox as that automatically detects images and then puts them in the lightbox. It would need the ability to parse not just the image, but the rest of the post, establish if the image was inside a url, and then adjust its behaviour accordingly.
Or pursueding lightbox to ignore signatures. which is equally painful.
Will look into it and see what I can do.

edit: ok, may have figured something.. will investigate.

edit2:Nah, that didnt work.

In theory isolating the bbc routine with
if((empty($cache_id) || substr($cache_id, 0, 3) != 'sig') && $context['current_action'] != 'stats') {}

else

{

Should have stopped lightbox running when on signature or stats pages, but it stopped it working completely.

I can achieve it with a different lightbox script but that has its downsides, it doesnt have a gallery mode, and there are a lot of signatures that then becomes links to photobucket.

Will look into it but it may not be straight away. It may just be something that hits me at a silly time in the morning and I think "thats how to do it". :D

dimspace

Quote from: mjhpadi on August 15, 2013, 04:23:52 PM
Now when I click on Today's Posts, an error message comes up... :-[

have replicated this one. fixing now. *bangs head on desk*  :bangin:

Fixed

dimspace

Ok. thanks for your patience guys while things got moved around a bit. :D

Most of the changes are just visual. The menus have been tidied up so there are not so many of them, and we have tidied up the side blocks so there is just one set of blocks, and it will be more relevant to the part of the site you are in. (and the side block can be hidden).
A few new things thrown in

* You can now bookmark topics and they appear in forum> my bookmarks
* You can view a list of posts from "today" forum> todays posts
* featured posts - you will notice things appear under featured posts from time to time which is popular topics, or announcement topics. Again you can look at all featured topics under forum> featured where gradually more topics will be added, categorised as well.
* back to top button. appears at the bottom, middle. just saves scrolling a bit.
* new user profile pages

On my to-do list
* Try and work out signatures not being lightboxed (difficult)
* post preview when rollover on topic title (less difficult)
* thank you's on tapatalk. Im waiting to hear from TT on why this is being a pain.

Any feedback just let the boss know. He can do most things, im just here for the php stuff.

and yes, i play the accordion ;)