• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brought the SHO to New England dragway

Started by shoNoff, May 16, 2018, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

Quote from: ToMang07 on August 04, 2018, 12:33:02 PM
So NED....what do I need to know/do beforehand? Looks like for street all I need is an inspection (just done) and normal papers, plus the helmet (Snell 2010+) anything else?

Anyone know where to get 100% meth?

(Liquid kind, not the Breaking Bad kind...)

I didn't have to show any paperwork.  Just show them under the hood, sit in driver seat and strap seat belt on for them to check.  Yes the helmet they do check as well.  Pants and shoes required.  T shirt is fine, no tank tops. 
I buy my Meth locally at a speed shop.  Its VP 100% meth, 5 gallons.  Kind of pricey, I know others are able to get it cheaper than here....$79.99 for 5 gallons.  I can inquire if they have any.  I've bought 2 pales so far and each time they didn't have any in stock, had to wait a couple weeks. 

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ToMang07

Quote from: SHOdded on August 04, 2018, 02:07:31 PM
Local race shops are your best bet, sometimes tracks will have it, but if you can get VP brand, that would be the best product around.

Not a lot of race shops around....having a hard time getting into contact with ANY of them. The only 2 within an hour of me, 1 doesn't really do much work (outside of tuning imports/dyno) and the other has yet to even bother returning my calls/messages. I guess I need to branch out further.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

ToMang07

Quote from: 802SHO on August 04, 2018, 02:33:34 PM
Quote from: ToMang07 on August 04, 2018, 12:33:02 PM
So NED....what do I need to know/do beforehand? Looks like for street all I need is an inspection (just done) and normal papers, plus the helmet (Snell 2010+) anything else?

Anyone know where to get 100% meth?

(Liquid kind, not the Breaking Bad kind...)

I didn't have to show any paperwork.  Just show them under the hood, sit in driver seat and strap seat belt on for them to check.  Yes the helmet they do check as well.  Pants and shoes required.  T shirt is fine, no tank tops. 
I buy my Meth locally at a speed shop.  Its VP 100% meth, 5 gallons.  Kind of pricey, I know others are able to get it cheaper than here....$79.99 for 5 gallons.  I can inquire if they have any.  I've bought 2 pales so far and each time they didn't have any in stock, had to wait a couple weeks.
Gotcha. Just going off of the event page on FB and NED's website. Sounds like nothing to worry about then.

I guess I'll just start shopping around shops and see if I can find any that have some in stock.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

shoNoff

New England dragsay sells vp m1 by the gallon. They may even sell 5 gallon jugs. Jr. Dragsters love methanol. I believe it's $6 a gallon
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ToMang07

Quote from: shoNoff on August 04, 2018, 04:00:09 PM
New England dragsay sells vp m1 by the gallon. They may even sell 5 gallon jugs. Jr. Dragsters love methanol. I believe it's $6 a gallon

That would be perfect....pick it up when I get there then! Thanks! I'm only looking to get a gallon or 2 for the strip....I'm perfectly happy running "Boost Juice" the rest of the time.
~Tom~

802SHO

I'm going to bring my 5 gal and fill that baby back up then!  After I fill up before I leave I'll probably have just under 2 gallons left in it.  Tom I could probably top you off for free.  @ $6 a gallon I'm making out like a bandit compared to the speed shop here.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ToMang07

Quote from: 802SHO on August 04, 2018, 05:42:33 PM

I'm going to bring my 5 gal and fill that baby back up then!  After I fill up before I leave I'll probably have just under 2 gallons left in it.  Tom I could probably top you off for free.  @ $6 a gallon I'm making out like a bandit compared to the speed shop here.

As much as I appreciate it (and am NOT ruling it out, lol) I'd at least cover the cost. I may just pick up a can tho myself and fill it there.
~Tom~

SHOdded

Unless methanol prices have jumped, bpd and StealBlue have been able to get the VP pails for between 3-4$/gallon.  Worth it to keep looking?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ToMang07

Quote from: SHOdded on August 04, 2018, 06:09:58 PM
Unless methanol prices have jumped, bpd and StealBlue have been able to get the VP pails for between 3-4$/gallon.  Worth it to keep looking?

Well, the $2/gal savings is lost on me if I have to drive a couple hours each way to get it. (I live in the boonies and knowing VT I imagine 802 does as well, lol)  If I can find it local/reasonable, I'll def pick it up! But honestly, I don't plan of "tracking" the car regularly. I want a "current" baseline where I'm at, and then when/if I upgrade I'll do another.

I could always pick up a case of HEET from NAPA! lol
~Tom~

ZSHO

Manu I think we paid $40 even for a pale of M1 @ CCD IIRC! Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Before I reached out locally I could find it for about 39.99 5 gallon pale online but then shipping is a lot because has to be through hazmat so I was looking at $90 or so delivered to my door. 

I reached out locally and it was 79.99 so I took it knowing I was basically paying for 10 gallons and getting 5. 

If anyone knows where I could order some and have it shipped to my door for less than 79.99 I'll do that.  I don't go to NH often but since I will be there next week again I plan on taking full advantage of those lower Meth costs. 

FoMoCoSHO

What really happened is the two of them buy So much prices rose for everyone else.

ToMang07

Well... I may end up flaking after all. My helmet is older than I thought. It's a 2006, so it won't pass tech. I doubt I'll find a 2-3XL locally, but I'm gonna start looking around.
~Tom~

shoNoff

I myself had to get a new helmet this year since my old one was out of date. I went cheap since I only drag race my street car now. I found this on summit $107 shipped and it was at my house in 2 days. Its actually a really nice helmet for the money. I bet if you order today it would be at your house in time. Just a thought.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/zsc-h04503fxxl/overview/
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

The helmet I borrowed was Medium and I need at least a Large....but for putting it on and going down the track, I had it on for couple min, was so excited I didn't care it barely fit me and was too tight:)