• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brought the SHO to New England dragway

Started by shoNoff, May 16, 2018, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: shoNoff on July 31, 2018, 04:16:23 PM
The techs there think they are the police. I know the NHRA rule book better then most of those morons. They used to try to tell me I needed an SFI fire jacket to run my SRT4 because it didn't come factory with a turbo.
I have the same problem at our local track which is why i rarely go.

AJP turbo

Lol at confiscating and throwing away someone's personal property...good luck with that and that's how people get hurt

Now denying entrance due to improper equipment....no problem there
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

802SHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 31, 2018, 09:33:52 PM
Lol at confiscating and throwing away someone's personal property...good luck with that and that's how people get hurt

Now denying entrance due to improper equipment....no problem there
Quote from: shoNoff on July 31, 2018, 04:16:23 PM
The techs there think they are the police. I know the NHRA rule book better then most of those morons. They used to try to tell me I needed an SFI fire jacket to run my SRT4 because it didn't come factory with a turbo.

That tech must have a very popular online auction for used helmets.  Haha.  He was very nice for letting me use it, but why all the fluff at the end about tossing the helmet if he sees it again?  Honestly I should bring the same helmet again and if he DOES recognize it out of all the helmets he sees on a daily and weekly basis...this guy is GOOD!  Mad?  Hell, I'd be impressed!  Haha!  Jeez, can't give a person a position that is even mildly authoritative and it goes right to their head.  But people are like this everywhere.  In most cases that I've experienced this phenomenon an actual officer of the law would have been more lenient/reasonable in the situation
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

So yesterday while putting on my downpipes I learned that either I or the previous owner put a hurting on the front turbo. Has some pretty good shaft play and doesn't spin to freely. The good news is no marks on the housing or the wheel. So I'm basically on borrowed time. So I may or may not run my car. But either way my dad plans to run his so I'll head up in the SHO.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Quote from: SHOdded on August 01, 2018, 07:35:17 PM
Ah that sucks!

Im looking into options for replacement. I'm thinking something may be restricting flow. I'm about to go on tasca now and build a list of parts needed for replacement.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

ShoNoff that's crazy you discovered that and also good before a real issue surfaced.  Yeah I would be on the fence as well to run or not.  Either way I'm still planning on going.  I'm assuming because its Ford day it will be pretty busy compared to when I went on Street Night.  About what time do you think you'll be there?  Another thing, if that weather looks ify and its rained the day before, Friday I may not go.  I've done that before on a cloudy morning and they weren't open.  Long drive round trip for nothing in that respect.  Praying for good weather.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ToMang07

Well here's hoping. I got my inspection done yesterday.... (sweated that one, lol) so I should be g2g.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

802SHO

Yes inspection time for me is not very easy.  Biggest issue is my muffler deletes.  Fortunately the tech who removed my mufflers now has his own shop and suffice to say I'm g2g as well.  Still have to remove front window tint though. 

Weather forecast doesn't look very good in Epping for the 11th.  Fingers crossed. 

I want to find out how fast you are as well, we have similar mods. 

ToMang07

Quote from: 802SHO on August 03, 2018, 10:39:43 AM
Yes inspection time for me is not very easy.  Biggest issue is my muffler deletes.  Fortunately the tech who removed my mufflers now has his own shop and suffice to say I'm g2g as well.  Still have to remove front window tint though. 

Weather forecast doesn't look very good in Epping for the 11th.  Fingers crossed. 

I want to find out how fast you are as well, we have similar mods.

I have mufflers.... but I have catless (like you) and that is an inspection fail here. Unless you know a guy, lol, I just put the windows all the way down and opened the sun roof....they never checked, luckily, lol
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

802SHO

Lol I did notice that I never put my windows up and he didn't say anything ...its not exactly fun to take off and put back on but I do all my tinting myself so I just went ahead and did it.  Actually yes the catless downpipes aren't really passable.  I think by law in VT you have to have at least one cat and resonator, I do still have the 3rd cat and resonator.  I want to upgrade the exhaust but as of right now I'm unsure of any real performance benefit.  I know I can get maybe a few hp but would less restriction reduce back pressure and lose a couple tq?  Cutouts can increase boost spike
..overall I would want something similar to yours if I did, 3" back, maybe no mufflers still and get rid of 3rd cat and resonator. 

ToMang07

I imagine the benefit would only really come with bigger turbos/injectors. I do get a little drone at certain RPMs, but *if* it bothers me, I just hit the paddle shifter, and viola, no more!
~Tom~

802SHO

I think you're right about that but also I know that its not necessarily what one part can offer and how it benefits the most, its also all of the parts working together as a whole. 

ToMang07

So NED....what do I need to know/do beforehand? Looks like for street all I need is an inspection (just done) and normal papers, plus the helmet (Snell 2010+) anything else?

Anyone know where to get 100% meth?

(Liquid kind, not the Breaking Bad kind...)

~Tom~

SHOdded

Local race shops are your best bet, sometimes tracks will have it, but if you can get VP brand, that would be the best product around.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!