• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tapatalk 4. Worth the upgrade?

Started by bpd1151, August 14, 2013, 03:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

I received a notification to my phone, advising there was/is an upgrade available to/for Tapatalk 4.

Any of you tech people out there, who can take a moment to advise if this upgrade is "worth it" and/or maybe explain any known differences between TAT2 & TAT4.

I appreciate any resulting replies as IDK if the upgrade to the App, is decent, or is it crap, or just somewhere inbetween?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 14, 2013, 03:30:47 AM
I received a notification to my phone, advising there was/is an upgrade available to/for Tapatalk 4.

Any of you tech people out there, who can take a moment to advise if this upgrade is "worth it" and/or maybe explain any known differences between TAT2 & TAT4.

I appreciate any resulting replies as IDK if the upgrade to the App, is decent, or is it crap, or just somewhere inbetween?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know as of yet, I got the alert too but the beta version we can't post on so I wouldn't suggest it yet.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

I am on the beta and posting works again. I am still happy with my free one :-)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

mjhpadi

This is a great question! I got the same thing on my phone that I could upgrade for only 99 cents. I haven't done it yet, first since I just got Tapatalk 2 a few days ago.  But after reading the reviews, I didn't know whether or not to pull the trigger and get the upgrade...the reviews didn't look great, but since 4DR seems to like it, I think I will do it, unless you guys talk me out of spending the dollar....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

EcoPowerParts

I didn't say I liked it, I just noticed we can use it again for the forum. :D
The old tapatalk works fine for me.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

mjhpadi

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 14, 2013, 11:48:20 AM
I didn't say I liked it, I just noticed we can use it again for the forum. :D
The old tapatalk works fine for me.
;D Jeeze...now it's up to me to make the decision... :wall:
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

dimspace

ive been using tapatalk beta for about 3 months, and its much better than the old tapatalk.

At its regular price of £2.50/$3 I would say its worth it if you use a lot of forums (i have about 9 forums on mine, some of which i dont use very often, but its useful for getting notifications of personal messages or subscribed topics)

At 69p/99c theres not really much to lose in trying it out. Remember you have a 20 minute cooling off period on the android play store to claim a refund if you dont like it.

onto the forum. im having no problems using tt beta. push notifications are working as i just got a pm on my phone. I know theres an issue with thank yous, im looking into that.

it depends how you use tapatalk. I use it as the secondary way of viewing forums, recieving pm's when im out and about, using the pc most of the time. The way we browse is rapidly changing, i spent four months this year rebuilding my forum theme so that it was designed to handle mobiles, tablets, and desktop all at once, but its a major undertaking.

mjhpadi

I just installed TT4 and it would not allow me to post from my phone... dumped it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mjhpadi

OK I reloaded TT 4 and now it seems to work fine... keeping it for now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

EcoPowerParts

Just bought it 8)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

www.ecopowerparts.com -

bpd1151

So Are there noticeable differences and are you guys enjoying the new upgrade?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 15, 2013, 06:54:24 AM
So Are there noticeable differences and are you guys enjoying the new upgrade?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

Nah not really but it's .99 so it's cheap :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

dimspace

theres no real difference between the beta and 4. between teh original tt and 4 there is  fair bit of difference visually.

mjhpadi

Quote from: dimspace on August 15, 2013, 10:21:19 AM
theres no real difference between the beta and 4. between teh original tt and 4 there is  fair bit of difference visually.
Since I've used 4 just a bit, I don't see much difference between it and 2, seems everything still works the same and looks the same....but then I have only used it a bit, and I am not the swiftest person with latest tech stuff.  But I did purchase after the OK for you, and it works fine.